1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm Being Bullied, How Do I Avoid Being Suspended?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Adam McKay, Jan 16, 2019.

I've recently gotten attention from an "exposure" account - someone who goes around looking for people he doesn't like, putting them on display, and telling his 800+ followers to report them.

I ended up on his bad side and I've likely been reported on several accounts by this guy and his rabid followers. 5 of my accounts in total have been targeted by him (because I stupidly listed them all in my Lists).

So I'm sitting here waiting for Twitter Support bots to decide whether to suspend me or not, which should take a week or two. Because if one doesn't get suspended, then one of the other 4 is bound to.

What's worse is now Twitter locks all of your accounts if one gets suspended, and you need to verify your phone number to get back in. BUT your number only works for 3 accounts before you can't use it anymore and you need to find another! So one of these accounts getting suspended is a serious problem for me.

What do I do? I'm being wronged here and I have no idea how to fight it. How do I get out of being suspended?

Thanks in advance
    Adam.

PS: I don't trust going to Twitter itself about this, because almost everything is automated and nothing ever gets solved. At least not without a lot of hassle.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Adam McKay, Jan 16, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There are a few different types of bans, I'm no expert, but I had someone reply to a tweet asking if I was threatening her (she was experimenting, there were other similarly odd tweets) and just like that, banned until a person could review. Others have timeout with a clock that counts down their time in twitter jail.

I'd like to think that any ban you get will be a timeout to give humans a chance to review.

I don't know how hard it is to get a new sim in South Africa but I'd dig out that old phone you haven't bothered to throw out, chuck a bare bones sim in it and use that number for 2 of the accounts.

sarahk, Jan 16, 2019 IP