1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Illustrator or Corel Draw?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by toxictaz, Sep 15, 2011.

1. desimms

desimms Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    for advance designing use adobe illustrator

desimms, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  2. Raksy

Raksy Member

Best Answers:
    Illustrator! Coral Draw may seem easier for some people, but real pros ONLY USE Illustrator! Forget about Coral Draw!

Raksy, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  3. Wasted

Wasted Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been using both for years.
    Illustrator no doubt, much more advanced and works perfectly with photoshop :)

Wasted, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  4. Renierº

Renierº Peon

Best Answers:
    They are both good,but i would say illustrator is more complete... it´s a little complicated at the begining but you can learn with a little effort and tutorials, you can also try jukeboxlessons.com for online learning.

Renierº, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  5. Jennifer M.

Jennifer M. Member

Best Answers:
    If you're only doing fun stuff for yourself, it probably doesn't matter, but if you're looking to get a job w/ these skills, definitely take the time to learn the industry standard. There are many copycat softwares out there but any design firm you try to get work from is going to use Adobe products.

Jennifer M., Jul 31, 2013 IP
  6. mian.owais211

mian.owais211 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Both are good software but personally i preffer Illustrator over CorelDraw for my own personal reasons.
    I would recommend both.

mian.owais211, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  7. Meet Sevak

Meet Sevak Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Drop shadow feature in corel draw gives very bad print result. while the drop shadow of illustrator gives much better result.

Meet Sevak, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  8. Mubasher K

Mubasher K Member

Best Answers:
    Illustrator is cent time better than Corel Draw,that is work done in illustrator is more glassy and shining than Corel and also there are much more features in illustrator than corel draw.

Mubasher K, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  9. pixsmith

pixsmith Greenhorn

Best Answers:

I Agree with you.

pixsmith, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  10. pixsmith

pixsmith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    CorelDraw :)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    pixsmith, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  11. pryidevsblog

pryidevsblog Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use Corel Draw in my graphics design career. I never used Illustrator before I Coral Draw is good and it's best.

pryidevsblog, Oct 5, 2013 IP
  12. lista adiya

lista adiya Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    agree with this
    corel draw still exist because many people still use it
    that prove coreldraw are one of the best

lista adiya, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  13. Mirokan

Mirokan Peon

Best Answers:
    Both AI and CorelDRAW provide excellent tools for almost everything you could imagine a professional 2D design tool can deliver. Both offer advanced editing techniques that are refineable and improvable even after years of experience. Both of course have strengths and weak points but no show-stoppers on neither of the sides.
    Anyone stating the latter simply doesn't know the other side very well. Feel concerned? Be my guest!

Photoshop users starting with Illustrator will benefit from better integration into Adobe-centric workflows, a somewhat familiar user interface and similar shortcuts, some great effects, charting tools and better PDF import (at least with PDFs made with Adobe products).

On the other side, if one seriously gets into CorelDRAW he/she will be rewarded with capable multi-page functionality, superior vector editing, better file import/export and an overall by far higher level of productivity.

If you get the chance, learn both.
    If you have to decide, go for Illustrator and be on the safe side (but you will probably never know what it means to be fast).

Mirokan, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  14. inner

inner Peon

Best Answers:
    People continue talking about graphics Design by just arguing that all that happens on screen is the "JOB".... don´t forget about PRINTING YOUR JOB... I repeat it... ILLUSTRATOR running OVER MAC OS X gets the benefits of POSTSCRIPT PRINTING because Mac Os X Graphics Layer (called QUARTZ) has the PDF format as its operational LANGUAJE. PostScript and PDF has the same basic structure... then comunication between them is logical. COREL only runs OVER WINDOWS... and "colaboration between" PostScript and Windows is all, but not exactly... LOGICAL. WINDOWS HAS inter-languaje problems with POSTSCRIPT... Windows Graphics Layer standard languaje is GDI+ and professional printers uses the PostScript Languaje. Windows graphical layer languaje (GDI+) has nothing to do with PostScript... directly... the commands has to be translated (operational issues shows on translations). Mac`s graphical languaje... (PDF) has ALL TO DO WITH PostScript without any translation needed.

inner, Dec 27, 2013 IP
  15. meetdilip

meetdilip Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am now a days playing with Inkspace. Tried Illustrator once, will be checking Corel Draw. I would prefer something which has a simpler UI and easy to use.

meetdilip, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  16. meetdilip

meetdilip Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just checked a few screen shot of Corel Draw X6. Seem much easier than Illustrator. Can it open .eps files ?

meetdilip, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  17. John Michael

John Michael Member

Best Answers:
    Ofcourse adobe Illustrator. Because Illustrator is update and new software for design. In Adobe Illustrator many new tools are inlclude which are not avaible in Corel Draw. Adobe illustrator is time saving software .

John Michael, Jan 8, 2014 IP
  18. Aviator Wayer

Aviator Wayer Banned

Best Answers:
    I think illustrator is better and there are more helpful info for illustrator online.

Aviator Wayer, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  19. kate.rxi

kate.rxi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I recommend Illustrator, it is normally a requirement for most web design jobs rather than Corel Draw which seems to be less common.

Also the Adobe suite is great! I'm still learning Adobe Illustrator but it is much more popular I think anyway!

So yeah Illustrator woop! xD

kate.rxi, Jan 19, 2014 IP
  20. JoshG40

JoshG40 Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't used Corel draw so I can't comment. I do use other adobe software such as photoshop so for me using Illustrator was the correct software for vector drawings as it integrates so easily with other adobe software products. Illustrator is also really accessible to most levels of ability so it will develop with you as you progress with your vector drawing. Found some great resources from the following if your looking for some tips and tricks. goo.gl/Nqs9C6

JoshG40, Feb 20, 2017 IP