1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ignore warning message

Discussion in 'C#' started by Baquardie, Jan 18, 2006.

Hi

I'm developing in ASP and one of my table is two big, but I want to live with it.

When I try to execute a query into the query analyser, SQL send me a warning message BUT still execute the query.

When I try to execute the same query via ASP, the warning message is send as an error message and the query IS NOT executed. That cause me problem.

Is there any way to ignore warnings in ASP?

Thank you,

:D

Baquardie, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  2. vectorgraphx

vectorgraphx Guest

Best Answers:
    yes. try this line in your code:

on error resume next

Code (markup):

vectorgraphx, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  3. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    Many years back I hit this wall. I suggest that you break your schema into multiple tables. Yes, this doesn't seem like the best way to do it, but there is really no good way around it. You will only to plagued with issues in the future.

There are ways around this, but I do not suggest them. A little more work up front will really save you many headaches in the future.

ServerUnion, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  4. Baquardie

Baquardie Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply, vectorgraphx and ServerUnion.

I know it is not the best way to do it, but believe me, I do not have the choice. I am not the one who design.

We finally make it work. The problem was the rights. We were trying to alter a table with an ASP user that didn't have to rights to do it. So we changed the rights and ASP now ignore the warning and execute the query.

Thank you for you help! :eek:

Baquardie, Jan 19, 2006 IP