1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ignore Lists

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Jun 22, 2004.

Handy little feature that I just found out about... the Ignore List that each user has. Normally you have to view the user's profile to put them on your ignore list, but I added it so the pop-up menu you get when you click on the user's name within any post has the option to add the user to your ignore list (in addition to your buddy list).

In case anyone wonders what it does, if someone is on your ignore list, you don't see their posts in the forum.

digitalpoint, Jun 22, 2004 IP
  2. SEO_AM

SEO_AM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm.... I wonder who would be the primary candidates for people's ignore list. Sure would make a thread read funny, i.e., only seeing responses to someone who is on one's ignore list.

SEO_AM, Jun 22, 2004 IP
  3. laiwa

laiwa Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea, I never heard about that before, to ignore PMs and emails yes, but postings?? Actually someone that you think is irritating might have something interesting to say on a certain subject ;) . I have an example of that, a poster that I thought was extreamly annoying, from a big country in the east, actually started to post interesting and very well educated posts on a thread about Adwords clickfraud, he seemed to know all about that, wonder why? ;)

laiwa, Jun 23, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Agreed... I don't use it here (I'm the admin, so ignoring certain posts would not be good), but I do use it on other forums. :)

digitalpoint, Jun 23, 2004 IP
  5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    It might cause you to post something completely out of context because you have hidden someone else's post. Got to be careful with that.

T0PS3O, Jun 23, 2004 IP
  6. TechEvangelist

TechEvangelist Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with TOPS30. If this feature becomes widely used, forum responses would become a little disjointed.

I smell a contest brewing to see who is the most widely ignored.

TechEvangelist, Jun 23, 2004 IP
  7. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    The posts arn't ignored completely. You can still see that an "ignored" post is in the spot it was posted, and you can click on it if you do want to read it. I find this feature EXTREMELY helpful in ignoring a certain internet troll that frequents this forum ;).

ViciousSummer, Jun 23, 2004 IP
  8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    No need for sleeping pills, I can just read post number 7 over and over every night, I will be out like a light in a hurry. :cool:

anthonycea, Jul 19, 2004 IP