1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

iframes, clickbank and the SEO affect

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by domainiac, Jun 22, 2010.

Don't know a ton about the use of frames but had a questions for any of those that do.

I have an affiliate that is using frames to promote one of my products and a strange side effect has occurred. This particular site used to rank in the top 5 of google on several keyword searches. Now the affiliates site does and my site is completely gone. I'm guessing because google sees it as duplicate content.

Now I have no problem with the affiliate's site ranking higher or getting the sale. In fact, I would prefer that. However, I also don't like the SEO efforts and organic listings I have on this site to be gone.

I guess in the end I would rather just be outranked rather than replaced.

I am wondering if this "replacement" in google is normal and if there is a way the affiliate could write their code as to not have this occur. Below is a copy of how their code looks.

<html>

<head>
    <title>My Product Title Here</title>
    <meta name="keywords" content="my product title here" />
    <meta name="description" content="" />
    </head>
    <frameset rows="100%,*" border="0">
    <frame src="affid here" frameborder="0" />
    <frame frameborder="0" noresize />
    </frameset>
    </html>

Thanks for any insight all.

domainiac, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  2. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Weird stuff, I'm seeing it strange how you got removed from google.

Promoting via frames is nothing new (btw that is a regular frame, not an iframe), I've seen affiliates ranking high with the exact code you provided, but since I'm not much of a SEO guy, I never did manage to understand how a site without content could rank so high on google, and outrank other content-rich sites.

I'm interested as well in possible explanation about this.

Ripped, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  3. Blasingame

Blasingame Peon

Best Answers:
    1. If you have a site that supports frames (in your case) or iframes and it has been active for more then a year you should be ok with any type frames.
    2. If your site is new and is build completely around frames it will not rank well for a few reasons. Frames have become see as automated spam type site, not build for speed and are not reader friendly by most bots.
    3. I probability do not even have to look at the two site your referring to (yours and the affiliate site) to know it's a result of duplicate content.

You have to remember! When it come down to duplicate content, rank and back links always wins.

Ever though of being a little original and starting your ow trends? You will make much more and you will not have to spend you time wondering how your going to copy and get away with it...

Blasingame, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  4. domainiac

domainiac Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try reading the post again...

domainiac, Jun 22, 2010 IP