1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Iframe issues

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by BarneyXP, Aug 25, 2005.

First off I would like to say hi to every one out there I am new to this forum. :)

I have run into a problem with floating transparent iframes. I have a web application that I am currently developing it has an activex object that has streaming video on it the Camera takes CGI Commands to control where it should pan tilt and so forth. I am trying to place a Transparent IFRAME over top of the ActiveX object which has a transparent div in it so i can get the x and y coordinates of where the user clicked so the camera can go to that position. I was able to place the iframe over the control the problem is that i cant get it to be transparent i have tried allowtransparency=”true” with body {background-color:transparent;} in the iframe. So far no matter how many ideas I have found by using google they always never work it may be that currently IE does not support my idea for controlling the camera. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance for any assistance.

IFRAME NAME="ControlFrame" style="BORDER-RIGHT: black thin solid; BORDER-TOP: black thin solid; Z-INDEX: 101; BORDER-LEFT: black thin solid; WIDTH: 640px; BORDER-BOTTOM: black thin solid; POSITION: relative; TOP: -781px; HEIGHT: 480px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent;" SRC="Control.htm" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"

BarneyXP, Aug 25, 2005 IP