1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If you like your health insurance, you can keep your health insurance. Period.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Obamanation, Nov 18, 2013.

It will go down in history as one of the great lies, perhaps on par with "I'll respect you in the morning".

How do we know it is a lie meant to purposefully mislead, and not just an oversight or a misstatement?

"The White House does not dispute that many in the individual market will lose their current coverage, but argues they will be offered better coverage in its place, and that many will get tax subsidies that would offset any increased costs."
    Even in their admission of their previous lie, they tell several lies within their lie. As story after story bears out, the exchange coverage is not better or cheaper, but rather worse and more expensive. Here they also employ a lie of omission, admitting to the fact they know many(most worded more accurately) in the "individual market" will lose their coverage, ignoring the elephant of the room that most in the business market will also lose their coverage.
    • Obama's own solution to the problem is to administratively waive the regulations that force those policies out of existence, but only for one year
    If Obama didn't want you to lose your current insurance policy because of the ACA, why only grant you a year stay of execution? The answer is obvious. Midterm elections are not looking good for Democrats so softening the blow might help. Bottom line, you are still going to lose your insurance because the law says you will. You must.​
    Now that Obama is implying those forced off their policies can potentially keep their policies for another year, the pricing models setup for the exchange may be too low. A large portion of those forced off their policies are expected to buy insurance from the exchange. Without those consumers in the exchange, none of the current (high)pricing models for the exchange work, and rates on the exchange will need to go even higher.​

• The Obama admin's own projections indicate ~50% of employer policies will lose their grandfathered status by the end of 2013.
    [​IMG]
    This from the federal register, where Obama made a more honest presentation of his estimates about who would lose their insurance due to the ACA. Note that the above numbers are not the paltry "5%" (actually 8%) of the insurance market place called individual buyers, but rather the remainder of the market called "Employer plans. Note how Obama's own estimates have up to 80% of those people losing their grandfathered status(losing their coverage) once the employer mandate kicks in (now delayed until after election 2014).​

• Eric Holder has reaffirmed and one upped the administration's projects in sworn court testimony, while trying to force church organizations to purchase birth control/abortion policies for their practitioners

Of course when Eric Holder said this to a closed court room, Obama had not yet issued the one year extension on the employer mandate. You can expect Holder's words to be perfectly accurate in application to the end of 2014.

Obamanation, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  2. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

grpaul, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  3. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Reminds me of Elmer Fudd:
    "I am Nancy Peli-Peli-Peli-Peli-Pelosi"

Wow. She really threw Obama under the bus, didn't she?

Corwin, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  4. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Officials Were Warned About Health Site Woes

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/19/u...to-direct-insurance-company-signups.html?_r=0

Anyone that is surprised by what happened here, is a fool.

grpaul, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Yeah, this sort of makes that "read my lips" thing look miniscule.

Mia, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  6. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My Obamacare Cancellation
    "Seething at a President I helped elect."
    By Bruce Barcott 11/18 9:00am

We received the letter in the mail a couple months ago. The good people at Regence Bluecross Blueshield were pleased to inform us that due to Obamacare our current low-monthly premium, comically-high deductible medical policy would no longer exist come January 1, 2014. Pleased, because a new and better plan would be offered in its place. Old monthly premium: $578 for a family of four (non-smoking, helmet-wearing, and paternally snipped). New premium: $1,123. A 94% increase.

Once the sound of boiling blood dissipated, in my head I heard my Republican friends chuckling at the sight of a liberal Democrat hoisted ten stories high on his own petard. How’s the view up there, Obamacare Ollie?

http://observer.com/2013/11/my-obamacare-cancellation/

Obamanation, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  7. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Woman's story, quoted by Obama as a Success, loses her health insurance because of the ACA

Washington state resident Jessica Sanford was bursting with pride when President Obama mentioned her story during a Rose Garden event on health care reform last month at the White House.

But then, after Obama mentioned her story, Sanford started having problems. Sanford said she received another letter informing her the Washington state health exchange had miscalculated her eligibility for a tax credit.

In other words, her monthly insurance bill had shot up from $198 a month (she had initially said $169 a month to the White House but she switched plans) to $280 a month for the same "gold" plan offered by the state exchange.

Sanford said she was frustrated with the state's error. But she decided to purchase the new plan and thought everything was fine.

It wasn't fine. Last week, Sanford received another letter from the Washington state exchange, stating there had been another problem, a "system error" that resulted in some "applicants to qualify for higher than allowed health insurance premium tax credits."

The letter said the state exchange was "disappointed to have discovered this issue" and apologized.

The result was a higher quote, which Sanford said was for $390 per month for a "silver" plan with a higher deductible. Still too expensive

A cheaper "bronze" plan, Sanford said, came in at $324 per month, but also with a high deductible - also not in her budget.

Then another letter from the state exchange with even worse news.

"Your household has been determined eligible for a Federal Tax Credit of $0.00 to help cover the cost of your monthly health insurance premium payments," the latest letter said.

"I had a good cry," Sanford said about her reaction to the latest news from the state.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...-success-story-frustrated-by-sign-up-process/

Obamanation, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  8. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder how the Democrats will spin this. This is cold, hard reality caused by a 100% partisan vote where, by the Democrat's own admission, the Republicans were completely shut out of having anything to do with this travesty.

Corwin, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  9. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    CBS News Poll
    President Obama's job approval rating has plunged to the lowest of his presidency. 37% approve of the job he is doing, down from 46% in October, a nine point drop in just one month. Mr. Obama's disapproval rating is 57%-- the highest level for this president in CBS News Polls

A rocky beginning to the opening of the new health insurance exchanges has also taken its toll on how Americans perceive the Affordable Care Act. Now, approval of the law has dropped to 31%- the lowest number yet recorded in CBS News Polls, and a drop of 12 points since last month. 61% disapprove (a high for this poll), including 46% who say they disapprove strongly.

http://www.scribd.com/embeds/185695292/content?start_page=1

----

Impressive. While Obama is reaching Bush levels of unpopularity, he has still managed to remain more popular than his signature legislation. What a moron.

I have to wonder how many Democrats running for election next year will ask Mr. Obama NOT to show up at their campaign events.

Obamanation, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I signed up for Obortion Care back in June/July when you could preregister for the web site. At that time it was pretty easy to run through, showed me sample plans and the pricing and options looked quite attractive.

While vacationing in Florida during the official roll out I spent 14 days attempting to log in to a web site I was ALREADY signed up for. I'm one of the original 5 in the state that was registered and to date, probably one of the only 5 to get in at that time. Once in and through the process it took 14 days to complete the process trying 3 times daily. Before and after my morning jog and after sunset. When I finally did get through the process it took my wife off the plan, told me it could not cover me, to get medicade and to get bent. Logged me out, now I cannot get back in, security questions no longer work and the medicade site? Well it was not working because the government was shutdown. To date I still have my own health care that I pay for out of pocket like I always have.

Democrats took a system that was not broken and purposely broke it with the intention of getting EVERYONE off of their own plans and onto government dependance. In the end, I sit here and laugh because I know this is the end of the liberalism and the democratic party. They are systematically self destructing whilst attempting to take the nation with them. Fortunately it looks like they will collapse before the country and we'll finally be on track to fixing what's wrong rather than breaking what's not.

Mia, Nov 20, 2013 IP
    Corwin likes this.
  11. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Obamanation, Nov 21, 2013 IP
    Alyssa Lochmore likes this.
  12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I think the title "Careful what you Vote for" would have been a bit more appropriate.

Mia, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  13. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    ObamaCare website spending, over 1 billion dollars prior to the release date.

I bet all the web designers/developers who frequent this site are just kicking themselves right now for not being able to get in on that gravy train. I can guarantee you the lowest level flunky in Washington DC on that gravy train, perhaps the guy in charge of copying files to the server, is making a salary well into 6 digits.

Obamanation, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  14. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The interesting question is that while U.S. Government can manage the technology to spy on every living person on this planet that uses a computer, phone, email, fax, SMS or borrows a book from a library, why the hell they cannot build a simple website that people can register themselves on? :rolleyes::)

gworld, Dec 2, 2013 IP
    Corwin likes this.
  15. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Because it was never intended to work in the first place.

Mia, Dec 3, 2013 IP
    Corwin likes this.
  16. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because the $800M for the website was mostly a payoff to Obama?

Corwin, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  17. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. Long time ago in the 70s, there was a lot of noise about the U.S. Army buying hammers for 1000 dollars and I was speaking with an officer about this and I asked him how can there be so much corruption and nobody notices a purchase of 1000 dollar hammer. He told me that do you think we are stupid? Everyone knows that a hammer costs 2-3 dollar but we need to make a slush fund for unauthorized operations that congress doesn´t need to know about.
    Maybe Obama is paying for some new NSA spying program or the "revolution" in Syria with this. ;):)

gworld, Dec 4, 2013 IP
  18. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly. Any Joe Schmo could get the website done w/ that amount of money.

grpaul, Dec 4, 2013 IP
  19. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    We've been developing internet presences and ecommerce systems for almost 17 years now. What they created, we could have built in 3 days. Making it work as it should? 2 weeks tops.

Mia, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    It was actually $600. Your "officer" is misinformed, or you're just making crap up again. It was actually 1980's, not the "70's". It was the Pentagon, not the Army... It's also a myth of sorts. This was nothing more than a bookkeeping/clerical designation that listed "Hammers" that cost $15 as being $600 since the "hammer" purchases were bundled with other bulk parts and tools. To make recordkeeping easier, the Pentagon simply treated every item in the purchase as the same, with the same price, "$600", so if an item cost $15 or $1500, it was "$600".

SOURCE:
    This according to LeRoy Haugh a retired procurement official with the Pentagon.

Julians source = "officer" he spoke with.

Mia, Dec 5, 2013 IP