1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

if you do not any post why do register to be member?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by mostafa.kamal.dhaka, Aug 18, 2011.

I usually see people sign up to this forum, and they do not make any posts.

Have you experienced something like that in your forums?

and what may be the exact reasons for this?

I figured some of the reasons, but there must be others too:

1) They sign up only for a feauture of the forum. In my case I see two - three members that never posted, come and play games in the arcade section.

2) Link popullarity signups. They sign up, put a link in their signature, so they gain one incoming link to their site from their member profile page. This is lame enough to consider it as spam, so whem I found such a member I delete them from the system.

3) Spam post sign ups. They sign up to post advertisments in the marketplace section, but when they come to post they see that there is a minimum posts limit to post there, so they leave the site and never come back.

Those are my thoughts, but I would love to know if you have any opinion on this - recommendations.

mostafa.kamal.dhaka, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I manage 8 forums. 90% of those who sign up never post; 9 % post once; 1 % post a lot ..... well not those exact figures, but its the principle. See this on the 90/9/1 rule

Agent000, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  4. Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, a lot of spam bots out there that are just peskering the database of users.

I restrict guests to only see 20 page views per hour, this motivates them to register and it is the first step to break the ice and start participating in the community instead of just lurking. Even if they don't post, I still dispatch a weekly newsletter that is a nice way to keep people in touch about what is happening.

Would be nice to get more activity going instead of ghost members.

Nuno Brito, Aug 21, 2011 IP