1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If you are in Iraq, don't pick up anything on the floor: US snipers baiting Iraqis

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ablaye, Sep 24, 2007.

1. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Toopac, as I've stated before, it should be clearly obvious that I didn't block him for disagreeing with me. I'm still talking to you, aren't I? I still have 99% of the regulars on this forum unblocked, don't I?

I felt he crossed a line and seriously think he added nothing extra to any of the conversations here. You are welcome to disagree, but it will not change my stance on the issue. There are a lot of people on this board who have him, and only him, blocked; do you think it's just because he disagrees with us?

I'm done discussing the issue. Just let it go.

omgitsfletch, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  2. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Is that absolute sir? if so i will have to listen, i guess my earlier post was correct:

Good day;)

Toopac, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  3. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    Silencing someone through force makes you a dictator. So a better comparison would be if I was a moderator on this board and banned him because I don't want to hear him any more.

What is really happening is that GTech is holding a protest on the street this morning, and I'm taking a different way to work so I don't have to hear him.

4. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Good point, you do have a right to ignore him, but the reason behind it is not honorable. Same with D16man ignoring people who are different to you in terms of opinion will just have you living in a pretty boring world where everyone agrees with you;)

Toopac, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  5. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:

Exactly! The only person I have on ignore is 'latehorn'. And it's not because I disagree with him, it's because he makes my brain hurt. :(

Crazy_Rob, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  6. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I thought watching a Bears game caused that! :p

GRIM, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  7. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Kind of a dumb tactic, I have to admit. Just because someone picks up something on the ground doesn't mean they are a terrorist. If I saw a bullet on the ground I would probably pick it up just to take a look at it.

PHPGator, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  8. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    Haven't I made it abundantly clear that many people who disagree with me are still unblocked? As I've said, I've made it quite clear why I blocked him, but if you wish to think it's because we disagree, that is fine. I'm done clarifying the reason's since you either don't understand them or refuse to accept them.

9. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    That too....I can't wait for them to get blown out be the Lions this weekend.

Da Bears will be short 7-starters on defense.

10. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    :eek:
    Damn that's gotta suck! I hope they win though ;)

GRIM, Sep 26, 2007 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  11. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I do not support it!

guerilla, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  12. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel it's not just about disagreeing but the level to which someone disagrees with you, this was seen by everyone with your f*ck off comments to both GTech & D16 this displayed your intolerance & childishness towards others that have a differing opinion & people that challenged you.

Basically you wanted to discuss the soldiers guilt before they have been convicted, when GTech pointed out you were wrong to do this, you carried on & ended up blocking people who debated this with you the most, or were most opposed to your position, i believe you have cognitive distortion as it describes your behavior perfectly.

Toopac, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  13. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    TY, now if only some of the pro war people could answer a simple question.

GRIM, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  14. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    I really don't think the US Army would have missed you.

SFOD_D223, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  15. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    What you really mean is watching a Bears game with Rex Grossman as QB...benched!!

SFOD_D223, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    The last thing the NFC needs is to see Grossman benched... Grossman is a God and should forever play football for the Bears.. IMO, he should have been declared the league MVP and the SuperBowl MVP.. Grossman is the best thing to happen to the Bears..

I will stand behind Grossman!!!

Mia, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  17. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:

I don't think he's like that....

18. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    No, I do not support it, assuming this is true.... I don't really know the specific details of how this operation works, like, are they doing this in an area where they know for a fact that these people are in fact insurgents, for instance...

Outside of that, I think a simpler method of singling out insurgents would be to simply find a way to get those interested in causing harm for the sake of Alaha to renounce their religion...

I hear there are a staggering number of people doing this every day in Iran... Many find themselves killed as a result, sadly... I'd be willing to bet that many people in the Muslim world do not want to die and do not want to kill...

Shooting someone for picking up something that was planted is about as dumb as the time the military dropped yellow coloured food rations and yellow coloured bombs in the same area... People looking for food were blowing up as a result...

Not everything the military does is intelligent, but this is not indicative of our cause, America's or Americans feelings or pattern of behavior...

Again, if it is true, and not taken completely out of context, I see it as a move in the direction of desperation. Not desperation on the war front, but desperation on the insurgent front...

Personally, ID'ing these people, finding out if they are from Iran or Iraq, etc, might be a better approach... How you do that? Who knows...

Just keep fighting the good fight...

Mia, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  19. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Another fun thing we used to do at school-

Put a few bricks in a beer box and watch drunk MoFos on their way home from the bars kick it! HOURS upon hours of entertainment!

20. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    i am sitting here in my office in manhattan infront of my office there is a church that takes care of homeless people and most of them viet vets
    i do not want our young men and women in iraq to be put in a position like these people have been put in
    asking them to do things like this that are not within their level of comfort can and will damage their mental health while it does not do any real damage to the iraqi insurgents.

pizzaman, Sep 26, 2007 IP