1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If you are in Iraq, don't pick up anything on the floor: US snipers baiting Iraqis

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ablaye, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    We used to do this in college...only it was with a dollar bill....and poo.

Crazy_Rob, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  2. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe the snipers should change the poo to bacon.

That would be hilarious:D

Toopac, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  3. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Bacon doesn't smear on stuff as nicely though.

4. akula

akula Peon

Best Answers:
    Opinion piece?

You are a funny little chickenhawk....

akula, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  5. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I must say, this is one of the first threads where sentiment has been almost exclusively in one direction over another. The only dissenters are d16man questioning its truth, and toopac saying it's a great idea if implemented correctly.

d16man gets a pass, questioning the truth of an article is always a good idea. Toopac does not; it should be clear for all the reasons given so far by contributors in this thread how this idea could never be implemented correctly in the situation its being used in.

omgitsfletch, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Are you are posts silly? YES

Are you mentally ill? PERHAPS
    Ignore button...

Mia, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  7. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, sometimes my posts are silly and I may be somewhat mentally ill. Of course, I'm not an expert on mental illness, so I will leave the final diagnosis up to you.

guerilla, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  8. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Are most of the posts in this section silly? YES

Are most of us mentally ill? PERHAPS

Ignore button? Yeah right!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

9. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    I was thinking the same thing. It's simply allegations. I've pointed this out before, how the "left" will proclaim guilt on our military at the slightest of allegations. Many of those allegations, which turn out to be untrue.

The same people who "pile on" like this, over allegations, are the same ones that pretend they care about American soldiers and want to bring them home. They don't *think* about what they say or do, that clearly says otherwise.

I understand why ablaye posted though. He's an islamist, supports al qaida's mission there and hopes for an American defeat. Starting to look like some of the *others* have that same line of thinking as well.

GTech, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  10. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:

Could anyone care LESS about the American soldiers than the American government does?

Oh, and having a gay, little, yellow sticker on your car/suv doesn't mean you actually give a damn about "the troops".... :p

11. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And how the extreme right will jump at the slightest of allegations and always deny that the troops have done anything wrong ever.

login, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  12. GTech

Best Answers:
    I always give my country's soldiers the benefit of the doubt. Allegations are a dime a dozen and fabricated all the time. Ask hezbollah.

GTech, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  13. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    Another example of GTech's ramblings. Rather than discuss the concept of what is supposedly happening, the ethics if true, and whether or not it is true, GTech automatically discredits the source and denounces the deplorable treatment of our troops. GTech does not even SEEK to debate the actual issue, he automatically makes the assumption that it did not happen or is being misrepresented.

Notice that most of the people in this thread discussed the ethics IF such a policy were true, and Toopac of course questioned the legitimacy of the source. But GTech absolutely refuses to discuss the actual issue.

14. GTech

Best Answers:
    What's interesting is, you actually note skepticism of it's truthfulness, but still want "allegations" to move forward on our troops. This gives credence to the notion that you don't care about the facts, you only care about the message because it serves your agenda. And you are willing to further that agenda on the backs of the very people that give you the freedom to do so. All the while, giving aid and comfort to a confirmed islamist whose mission of tearing down the US and Israel in virtually every post created in this section is quite apparent to all, but the willfully blind.

I make no apology for giving our troops the benefit of the doubt. I'm proud to do so. What apology do you make?

GTech, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  15. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    Well, using the reasoning that many Republicans make for support of the Patriot Act and its ilk, let's investigate them, and if they're doing nothing wrong, they should have nothing to hide. Giving someone the benefit of the doubt is nice, but you think it should not be looked into any further based solely on the newspaper which printed the article?

16. GTech

Best Answers:
    I've made no mention of the Patriot Act or anything else along those lines. I simply pointed out how some are quick to offer a guilty conviction based upon allegations.

Where you one of those that fit into that group? Or were you just standing up for them?

GTech, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  17. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Indeed. And the entire notion that supporting the troops means keeping them on the front line is pretty frakking ridiculous as well. What, we can't support the troops to come home and return to their families and loved ones?

That will be the Nixon gang spin. If you want the soldiers at home safe, you're obviously some kind of terrorist supporter. If you don't want to see them die, then you are trying to lose this war, not protect American lives.

Damn the neo cons!

guerilla, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  18. akula

akula Peon

Best Answers:
    Give the troops the benefit of the doubt? This is why you are not a patriot in any sense of the word. Nobody other than a spineless traitor would think the troops need any benefit of the doubt. Soldiers follow orders and orders are handed down the chain of command from the highest levels via policies. You group the "troops" as ones that need the benefit of the doubt, where it is actually the administration that is creating this.

Sure, it is because of people like you that the villains got away with Abu Ghraib while the troops were left to pay.

Patriotic.....you are not.....blind devotion and ignorant allegiance to a villainous regime.....you are.

akula, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  19. GTech

Best Answers:
    patriotism - devoted love, support, and defense of one's country; national loyalty.

Apparently they don't have the new updated version of the definition where it means to sell one's country out, attack it's soldiers, etc.

There is another term for that though:

treason - reason, sedition mean disloyalty or treachery to one's country or its government. Treason is any attempt to overthrow the government or impair the well-being of a state to which one owes allegiance; the crime of giving aid or comfort to the enemies of one's government.

Perhaps you just have your "sense of these words" confused.

You are a patriotic person akula, just not to your own country, according to the definition.

GTech, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  20. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    So GTech, you are suggesting that it's treasonous to look into allegations of wrongdoing by our troops?