1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If You Are A Good Writer, Why Not Write For Your Own Websites?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by thesickearth, Feb 10, 2013.

1. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    I have ( 6 ) kids........I still write "within" my niche daily for over 10 years......

sundaybrew, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  2. Amanda S.

Amanda S. Peon

Best Answers:
    I am a great writer, now not by far the best, but I see that sometimes I sell myself short. I write to make an income, so find myself having to write on numerous topics. While I do enjoy writing, I find that I will write on just about any topic, and with a little research, can compile an article that in unique. I do have a few areas that I find I write rather well in, but it is always the areas nobody needs work done in.

I go to school full-time and have two children, so writing from home is a passion of mine I hope to continue. However, my problem is finding the courage to charge $2 per 100 words rather than offering $1 per 100 words. Over the years, I have received a lot of criticism about how my writing sucks, and it makes it hard for someone like me to want to even continue. However, working online has become a passion of mine and a dream for me that I am not ready to give up on just yet.

I joined this forum in hopes of learning more things and to find new ways to make money online, but find I know nothing. I have a blog that I use to write articles and to use in hopes of gaining more clients but it's hard. I see many others that charge a lot more than I do and I compare my work and see that it's about the same, so I get confused as to why I get turned down while the next person gets double what I was charging for the same quality. It's confusing. Sorry for the vent, but as far as what makes a good writer, I think creating content that is original and not rehashed is a great place to start.

Amanda S., Feb 22, 2013 IP
  3. autospa

autospa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because all good writers have no designing skils, SEO skills, and others.

autospa, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  4. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can't possibly be serious...

TextServices, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  5. Emma Pollard

Emma Pollard Active Member

Best Answers:
    How many writers do you know? What are you basing this on? I think you will find that most good writers have at least a basic knowledge of seo, they are creative and have numerous other skills.
    It would be interesting to see what you would write as an article for my site!!

Emma Pollard, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  6. autospa

Best Answers:
    Well I've a lot of published material on my own sites, different tech sites, articles submissions sites, guest posts, etc. What my point was that many writers have no knowledge of designing skills to make some changes in WP blogs, thats why they are writing on some other blogs.

autospa, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  7. Emma Pollard

Emma Pollard Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am learning to use wp at the moment, self taught as I go, Im not great at it yet but I have the vision of what I want my site to be. My brother is self taught, he writes for others (very successfully) and is running 2 sites and looking to expand, I would like to be in his position in a years time. I think its even better that we are learning as we go. :)

Emma Pollard, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  8. autospa

Best Answers:
    Good to know that, I'm also running my two blogs. In the past I used to wrote for the other blogs as paid jobs, but now I'm giving time to my own blogs along with a job. I'm also trying to get back to university for post-graduate admission.

autospa, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  9. TextServices

Best Answers:
    Really? Pretty shallow, naive way of thinking...

TextServices, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  10. Maa

Maa Active Member

Best Answers:
    I write for my blog and I also write for sites like squidoo.

Maa, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  11. Bestservices4u

Bestservices4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I takes lot of time and effort to write articles. Instead, hire some to write them and concentrate on SEO.

Bestservices4u, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  12. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am a pretty good writer who has written hundreds of articles for my own websites over the last 12 and a half years.

I still write at least 2 articles a day since it is something I have always loved to do.

Examples of my work can be found on hundreds of websites I have sold over the years, and a more current view can be seen through my short news articles on pumelo . com.

I firmly believe that writing is both a hobby and a passion. You are bound to fail or give up writing articles if people look at writing as a money making model alone.

Writing articles must be something that you enjoy doing and something that truly motivates you to wake up each morning.

wonay, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  13. vincentweb

vincentweb Member

Best Answers:
    i establish 2 blogs, but i cant get any good writer to help or partner with, -.-

vincentweb, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  14. WayOut

WayOut Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a good question that you raised, dear author. As it was said above, writing and maintaining a website is not the very same, although often it is very close because content is the king, right? ;) I belive, many writers have their websites/blogs that they write for. Am I right?

WayOut, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  15. Nehaa_16

Nehaa_16 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I love writing, since my school days I have enjoyed and cherished the power of the PEN. My ability to put my thoughts on paper gives me a high, but somehow admist career and corporate life, this passion of mine sublimed with time.
    A friend of mine suggested me to sign up to digitalpoint.com to start writing again !!!
    But I am confused how to contact people and get in the loop..
    Can anyone please help me understand things better....

Nehaa_16, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  16. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @Nehaa_16
    Posting in Copywriting forum is a good first step. Eventually you will become known and prospective clients will check you out. You will also make important contacts here in the writing profession. (editors, copywriters, authors, publishers, agents etc.) Just keep posting and give yourself a high profile, good luck.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
    Spoiltdiva, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  17. alexau

alexau Active Member

Best Answers:
    Back to original question, I have seen number of writers on this forum who offer content writing services to other people. But when they need content for their own website, they advertise here looking for other writers to do this work for them. So, why don't you write for your own websites?

I can only assume that they are not that good writers as they claim.

alexau, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  18. TextServices

Best Answers:
    Some people own and operate multiple websites. Sometimes people hire other writers to lighten the workload. Sometimes people hire writers to write content for topics that they themselves are not skilled in writing for. Just because someone is a writer and they offer writing services meanwhile making a post seeking other writers does not mean that they themselves are not a good writer.

There are many brokers offering writing services. Sometimes, they don't write the website content themselves or use people on their team because they want to sample other writers work. Maybe they want content written from a different perspective from their own?

TextServices, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  19. ArticlesUK

ArticlesUK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Writing is only fun if it concerns a subject you know and have a passion for. Anything else is just padding.
    If you write an article for money on something then you can rest assured that whatever keywords are stuffed in there, the customer will be bored within 2 paragraphs.

ArticlesUK, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  20. J1mmy

J1mmy Member

Best Answers:
    One of the reasons why some available writers are happy to write content for others, and not for their own websites is because there is an element of immediate gratification. The writers are getting paid to write articles, they're getting cash.

Writing for their own websites might yield rewards in the long run, but that's completely opposing human nature to want now, now, now. SOme might argue that you'll make more money writing for others than writing for your own website and hoping on adsense.

J1mmy, Apr 17, 2013 IP