1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If User is in Group X

Discussion in 'Facebook API' started by Kyle$calise, Jul 18, 2012.

Hiya!

Been asking around all kinds of forums and other places about this, no one seems to be able to help. :(

Before anyone suggests it, I've already looked through the FB developer docs and couldn't make heads nor tails of them.

I'm looking for a way so that when a user clicks a button, Facebook' checks to see if they are in a certain Facebook group. If they are, it redirects them to page A, if not, page B.

Does anybody have any idea how to do this?

Thank you so much for any help you can provide!!!!

~Kyle$calise

Kyle$calise, Jul 18, 2012 IP
  2. Kyle$calise

Kyle$calise Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Still looking for assistance if anyone can help. :(

Kyle$calise, Oct 11, 2012 IP
  3. torrado

torrado Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Please clarify what are your needs and where you need that button and for what purpose ?? so i can reply

torrado, Oct 16, 2012 IP
  4. Kyle$calise

Kyle$calise Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yay! I can't believe somebody finally responded (I've been asking this everywhere!)

This is all for a clan that I run in a Facebook game. I make all the clan members join a FB group for communication purposes, but I still like having the external site I built for recruiting members and for further information. I want to make it so that the members of the clan will have access to exclusive pages. However, I had a site before that used a separate login system, but nobody ever logged in due to that, so I'm looking to use Facebook to let them log in this time.

There needs to be a button at the top of the page. When the user clicks the button, it needs to check if they are in the clan group. If they are, take them to hounds.php. Otherwise, take them back to the index. Also, if possible, I'd like to add in one last condition that checks to see if they are an admin of the clan group. If they are, on the hounds.php page, we want to show a link to the admin.php page.

My issue is not with conditional code, that I can kind of figure out. The issue is connecting it with Facebook and getting FB to deliver all the info we need.

[b]Links:[/b]
    Clan Website: http://stage.glhellhounds.tk
    Clan FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/HellHoundsHQ
    Code (markup):
    If you need any other info, please let me know. ^_^

Kyle$calise, Oct 17, 2012 IP