1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If it's so easy then why aren't millions of people all over America doing it?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by johnnyr860, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Daniel Carso

Daniel Carso Member

Best Answers:
    You made a point here, these are tough times :S The economy is a different situation, this is a holistic topic. Governments have never and will never be good managing budgets. They spend far far more than what they have. Money is like water, it needs to keep moving, it needs to change hands. Internet marketing is great, but think about this for a second; Say we build a new avenue in a city, wide, well built. I tell people about it and they begin to transit, then more and more begin to transit. What happens after a while? -It gets congested, then what? that's when they appear with bikes, motorcycles, smaller cars, build more roads, public transportation.. Get my point? That's internet marketing nowadays.

Daniel Carso, Sep 10, 2013 IP
  2. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You sought out everyone's opinion. Don't be upset that I was honest enough to give it to you.

Nobody attacked you. I certainly did not. I gave my opinion of the post you made. Contrary to the implication of your latest post, you did not cite any statistics. You make some odd claim that I don't follow the news, which you would have no way of knowing, so the act of posting it makes you look foolish. There was the ironic part of your post chastising me for calling your post dumb but then turning around and calling my post dumb. Were you even trying to make a logical point with your post?

I will point out some of the reasons I found your post to be one of the dumbest every posted on DP.

1. The crux of your post was that since Internet Marketing is so lucrative, why does the US government not have a "system" that is like IM. The irony is that for anyone who has read your scant few other posts on this forum, they will see that you have not found success in Internet Marketing, so your idea that it is some panacea for the ills of poor Americans is the blind leading the blind. (Or shall we say the unsuccessful leading the unsuccessful.)

2. You made references to other countries "bailing out" the US. That is simply not true. I can only assume you are speaking about other countries investing in US Treasury securities. Your mischaracterization of it was part of my conclusion that this was a stupid post.

3. You brought up a friend of your working in a market for a low wage to feed and care for her two children, with your question as to why they, "are not jumping into the profits and making tons of money to become financially free instead of living paycheck to paycheck and taking help from the government?" Again, shown your own inability to become financially free with IM, it is an absurd argument. The Internet is not handing out money to any idiot who sets up a website and wants to make money. Your "friend" has a responsibility and an obligation to care for her two children. I respect that she is getting up each day and going to work to care for her family with a 9-5 job instead of following your foolish plan of "jumping into the profits and making tons of money".

4. There are many people who are making good money in various ways online, in what could be considered Internet Marketing. Of course, the same is true offline and in thousands of potential careers. Some people each day do join the ranks of successful Internet marketers and make a decent living. Some people do that selling insurance, or starting with a position at a market and working their way up. There is no limit to the number of careers one could start. The idea that it is somehow trying to make money in IM is not only a viable solution for a couple people, but it one which you suggest millions of people should be trying is the dumb part. Do you think most industries have unlimited growth potential and that an influx of millions of people doing the same thing (assuming they even knew the right way to go about it successfully) would all still make the same money? Simple logic tells you that you don't just get to add millions of people in one career and see them all succeed. Honestly, that point alone makes me think this is one of the dumbest posts of all time.

What I found most absurd about your notion of millions of people doing IM, and insulting the people working hard 9-5 to feed their families, was that you have not even succeeded in IM and yet think it is a solution for all of the worlds ills. Working in IM is certainly a wonderful solution for many people and many people have earned and will continue to earn a great living doing it. At the same time, many others will fail trying. One thing is certain, it is not now, nor will it ever be, a magic solution that would work for millions of poor people as a way out of poverty. More than likely, like you, they would spend and lose money chasing after what they believed was easy money.

Waiting for your life to change trying another new system. Good luck, I hope it works for you:
    You want to push millions of poor people into greater uncertainty like you have experienced?
    As you readily admit, you have not found the magic solution that guarantees you will make money. Why in God's name would you then think it is a solution for everyone else?
    Not to belabor the point, but I can't for the life of me understand why you posit that it is a good idea for, "millions and millions of people all over America," to try what you are massively struggling to find even a modicum of success trying.
    Were you honestly suggesting that your friend who is working her ass off trying to support her two kids should instead waste her time as you have chasing a buck trying her hand at IM? And how is she supposed to put food on the table for her kids while she lurches from guru to guru and ebook to ebook as you have, all the while spending money and finding limited if any success? So yeah, I stick by my comment about your post. Admittedly, I cut to the chase and did not give my reasons behind my comment. Forgive me, I was busy working and did not have the time when I made the first post.

browntwn, Sep 10, 2013 IP
    cronik likes this.
  3. Isadore Gregory

Isadore Gregory Member

Best Answers:
    You have a point in all aspects. There are just too many reasons why not everyone is really into it. Internet marketing involves taking a risk. When you get into it, you don't really know if it will work for you or not. What makes it additionally difficult is that successful marketers do not really share the details on how they have become a success. So it remains a puzzle for everyone else. It's just not as stable as compared to having a full time job and most people don't have the luxury of quitting their job and focusing their time and efforts on making internet marketing and making money online work for them.

Isadore Gregory, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  4. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Gotta have something to sell!

Joe@AdPatron, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  5. johnnyr860

johnnyr860 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am not going to sit here until the end of next year arguing with you on who is right or wrong here. The point I was making is you could have been nicer instead of being all mean in your post attacking people with your hatefullness. Especially since I still learning in IM I have a ways to go but have not given up. But your story is not helping anyone or inspiring anyone to move forward with responses like yours. ALL I am suggesting is that you could have been nicer especially to a newbie like me because if you were a newbie and someone attacked your comments like that I am pretty sure you would feel pretty pissed or bothered that someone has attacked your comments so I know your not talking. This is just it. I am not suggesting that internet marketing is easy or that it works like magic at the push of a button. But when I see that so many people brag about their thousands of dollars online I have to ask the question that millions of other people in the world have asked- if it is so good and not a scam then how come not everyone is doing it? Most people stay away from things like this and based on my research on other sites and through general asking around the people I have personally encountered with say this is because if it is too good to be true then it usually is or if it really were possible then everyone would be doing it not just some people. What I can't understand is why you have to be so damn disrespectful to people when all I did was post my thoughts? Even in then I am still a newbie who has a lot to learn and instead you come here attacking me as if I am supposed to be the smartest person in the world when all I want is to learn from my fellow people and internet marketers but I won't learn anything from people like you whose biggest advice is "dumbest post ever." Thanks for finding a true way to inspire me.

johnnyr860, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  6. johnnyr860

johnnyr860 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I understand just what your saying here. This makes good sense. I just see so many people who have the potential to go far and make it so much further in their lives and I just strive to help them do that. But they work minimum wage jobs to support themselves or their families and that seems to be the only way that works for them since every penny counts. Maybe someday we may see more marketers offering more sound advice for people in need but I guess only time will tell. Thanks for your thoughts.

johnnyr860, Sep 17, 2013 IP
    Isadore Gregory likes this.
  7. browntwn

Best Answers:
    Are you still bitching because I did not like your damn thread. Grow up and get over it. I spent the time and detailed all the reasons your post was absurd so why are you still complaining?

There are a lot of people who should not waste their time on IM. I am guessing you are one of them. You are definitely from this new generation where you don't want to hear any harsh reality and instead are looking for someone to encourage and inspire you no matter how bad the idea or effort. Give me a break.

browntwn, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  8. Isadore Gregory

Isadore Gregory Member

Best Answers:
    You're very welcomejohnnyr860. I want to add, you have to make sure you don't sound like you're forcing yourself unto someone. Teach only those who are READY to learn otherwise, it will be useless. Marketing is nice but not everyone succeed in it. It's a lot of hard work and not everyone is prepared to put in all those hard work. They want the easy way out which is to go for a full time job - no need for them to think about anything or no need to take risks or something like that. Maybe you have to pull off some great results. Once you have them, let it speak for yourself. Show it to others and it will be almost automatic. People will come to you to know how you did it.

Isadore Gregory, Sep 18, 2013 IP
    johnnyr860 likes this.
  9. johnnyr860

johnnyr860 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You're right I don't want to hear it from YOU. and I wont give up because it is people like you who have been nagging me all my entire young adult life to give up and you know what I won't do that. You can tell me that I should not be in internet marketing but I know where I stand and I will continue forward with or without the help of people. I think the only growing up that needs to be done here is on your part. I NEVER said you had to like my post so you can stop putting words in my mouth that I never said. I simply stated my opinion as you did yours and then you twisted it to say things I NEVER said.

If internet marketing is not for me as you say then that is too bad cause internet marketing has been trying to get rid of me for years and yet here I am still standing ready to keep going even if it takes me till the very last day that I breath no matter who says what. My parents never believed in me. In fact growing up people would tell me to give up cause I was stupid and never going anywhere in life. During parent teacher conferences they told me I would never make it past high school let alone middle school and that I was just as dumb as the other kids in my class. In fact they told me I was "unteachable" because of my learning disability and that my best resource was giving up on trying. Yet here I am and yes I am not perfect but I did manage to prove them wrong and graduate high school even if it was later then everyone else in my class.

So while you sit there and talk about how stupid I am I want you to think about that cause you are not the first to say this to me and I laughed so hard when these people told me I should give up and I actually walked across the stage at my high school graduation because I did what they said could NOT and would NOT ever be able to do. The day that I find the right thing that works for me and that I can start being successful in internet marketing through trial and error is the day that I will laugh when I think back to this post you made to me and say to myself I did it even though people said I would not. So think about that.

johnnyr860, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  10. browntwn

Best Answers:
    You missed the point. I never called you stupid and I never told you to give up. In fact, I hope you succeed at Internet Marketing or whatever you chose to pursue. My whole complaint about this thread was the suggestion that it was a good idea for everyone to try IM as some master plan to save people. I did, and still do, think the idea that Internet Marketing is a solution for millions of struggling people is absurd.

As for IM, being successful or not successful is not based on whether someone is smart or hard working. Like most jobs, some people get it and are good at it and others are not. Unfortunately, IM is also rife with get rich quick scams that play on struggling people's desire to do better for themselves and their families and many of these "gurus" and "ebooks" and "systems" are nothing but simple money making scams that will help nobody expect the person shilling the system. The last thing I want to see is struggling people attempt, is to try and wade though all the scams, lurching from one to another, hoping to find the one honest system that makes them money. There are lots of ways to try and make a living. IM works for some people, as does being a cashier in a market, or any job for that matter.
    I would suggest that nobody chase some IM dream of easy money.

browntwn, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  11. Thalasar

Thalasar Member

Best Answers:
    Internet marketing takes time and if you don't have some basic technical skills, you need to spend a lot of time finding a niche, writing compelling, converting copy for the niche and then keeping at it. A daily post is hard after day 25 but you need to keep at it. Most people simply don't keep at it long enough.

Thalasar, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  12. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    People do not hop in the internet marketing train because they are scared to FAIL and are lazy. If the person is working at a supermarket getting paid .50 over min wage, that person does not have a mindset of an entrepreneur at all. Most people also think that making money online is a scam and it can't be done.

Dionne Taylor, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  13. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Too many people think that making money online is a scam.. it really isn't that accepted, people always say I should get a 'real' job but if I'm making more freelancing online and earning from my sites then why would I? Getting started is just too time consuming for most people though, especially if they have immediate needs - like the care for their family, putting food in the fridge. It's good to have side projects and more people probably should have some kind of project that they invest in on their spare time, but the reality is that most people need to work a normal job to pay their bills and Internet marketing isn't realistic for them.

cronik, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  14. Isadore Gregory

Isadore Gregory Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear about your parents not believing in you. That must be tough. I too had a great deal of it not from parents but from relatives and other people around. I had to work so hard to prove myself in all aspects of life. I am grateful for the experience because even though it was hard emotionally, it made me the person I am today, strong and never the one whose easy to give up. Just like you.

That is the misconception - people think it's easy money. People think that anything about earning online whether its IM or doing freelance work or virtual jobs is easy. They think it's an escape for a real full time job. But the truth is, it's a whole lot of hard work. Only those who stick for long and are determined enough really become successful.

Despite some misunderstandings here in this thread, I personally think it is a very nice topic to talk about . It's very relevant and answers quite a few questions we have about internet marketing. Right?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2013
    Isadore Gregory, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  15. NureA

NureA Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are so many scams today, it is a really risky field

NureA, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  16. ajapub

ajapub Member

Best Answers:
    Internet marketing has evolved massively. If you were involved in online marketing in the 90's and the very early 00's, you may have noted how very easy it was to get listed on search engines, how cheap PPC ads were, and how even the simplest of banner/text ads made great conversions. It's not quite that simple anymore.

Today's internet marketing requires a very savvy mindset, and one that is able to adapt to very frequent shifts and changes. If you want to stay on top of your marketing efforts, you have to be willing to learn continuously- as well as self motivating.

ajapub, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  17. London Internet Marketing

London Internet Marketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Well it depends on a number of things.
    Firstly are they even aware of internet marketing?
    It may look exciting to us, but to many they neither know nor care about such things.
    For people who are aware they may not be able to stick to anything for any amount of time.
    People start off with good intentions, but then family life gets in the way and they end up putting aside any online stuff they were attempting.
    The other problem is the many scams and downright lies being peddled around.
    The reaction to a lot of things online these days is 'scam'.
    People do make it sound too easy. For example, the money is in the list....well no it is not ....not anymore.
    Making money online takes hard work....create content, create products, build website, create sales pages, get hosting, autoresponder, build mailing list, get traffic etc......
    You have to be a certain type of individual to get all that up and running.
    Not everyone can do it unfortunately.

18. Michael Mayer

Michael Mayer Member

Best Answers:
    The System here in the US is designed to keep people from taking risks to achieve their dreams. The internet marketing space cannot guarantee anyone will make money online. The truth is that 95% of people that are internet marketing are not making the money that they intended to make. Corporations and the government have been scamming America with a guaranteed paycheck propaganda. If internet marketing companies were to guarantee income for people if they marketed online then the FTC would shut them down and the company would be classified as a scam. But the reality is no one on planet earth can guarantee a paycheck because once the government or corporation is no longer in need of your services they take you to a little room and destroy your life in the form of a lay off. The Reason why most people do not market online is because they do not have all the necessary information to make a informed decision. Most people think they have all the answers so here is the cold hard fact that America needs to wake up to. Where you are right now is the product of your best thinking!

Michael Mayer, Dec 4, 2013 IP