1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If I wanted to make a contest on the Internet which would be the best way?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by IMRedw, Feb 9, 2019.

Let's say I want to make a contest on the internet, I actually have a lot of questions. First of all, is there any legal issue? I mean, I make a contest, set the conditions and the price for the winner, would there be any problem with this? Second, contestants would like to make sure they are getting the price if they win, is there any website or method I can use so they are confident they will get the price? that is, a way to assure them it is not a scam. And third, which ways would be the best to reach people to participate?

IMRedw, Feb 9, 2019 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If there is a fee to enter the contest, then it will be considered to be gambling in some countries. Here in the U.S., gambling on the Internet has recently been legalized, but I am not sure what is acceptable and what is not, so you would need to research the laws where you are based and plan to offer the contest. If the contest is free to enter and participate in, then it would not be a gambling site, of course.

Having testimonials from the early winners is one way to show that you are paying off the winnings. Of course, the more professionally that your website is designed and written, the more trust that participants will have in the contest. Having a big name sponsor, of course, would also go a long way to providing credibility.

Marketing the contest will depend a lot on what type of contest it is and who the target audience is. Hard to provide more advice without more information about what the contest is focused on.

jrbiz, Feb 10, 2019 IP