1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

if I dont like adwords will i like adsense ?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by sofy60, Apr 10, 2006.

adsense to me is a way to get a few dollars back that i lost on adwords..
    Are any rules enforced with adsense.. my conversion rate with adwords is so consistently terrible that it seems bogus clicking is the adsense call of duty.. please correct me if im wrong.

sofy60, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  2. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    You probably need to read the TOS.

exam, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  3. superclick

superclick Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think that you will get any money back with adsense if you think that that you can do it with "bogus clicking".

superclick, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  4. ewc21

ewc21 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's not the correct definition. Adsense is not the shock absorber of Adwords failure. While both are from Google, they exist quite independently from each other. You can have Adsense without Adwords account and vice versa.

ewc21, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  5. jdi_knght

jdi_knght Peon

Best Answers:
    If you've been suspecting fraudulent clicks on your Adwords ads, I'd recommend one or more of the following:
    1. Report the suspect clicks to Google. If they find certain clicks were fraudulent, I believe they reimburse you for those clicks.
    2. Keep the bids for "search" high, lower your bids for "content". No-body has anything to gain by clicking on ads that show in search (aside from possibly a competitor trying to drain your budget)
    3. Add suspect sites to the "excluded sites" part of your campaign.

Also consider the possibility that your site could have issues that are affecting your conversion rate, or that your ads might need to be modified to help increase the conversion rate.

Adsense rules are certainly enforced (as many thread starters here will attest to who have justly or unjustly been banned), and Google is undoubtedly going to become better and/or more aggressive in determining which clicks are fraudulent, since this is obviously a growing concern for advertisers.

When you say that "adsense to me is a way to get a few dollars back that i lost on adwords", can you elaborate on what you mean? I only ask because I almost get the impression that you believe all clicks are fraudulent and that you might be looking to use fraudulent clicks to recover your advertising costs. I certainly hope that I'm getting the wrong impression here, as that would of course be similar to having your house broken into/robbed, and then breaking into your neighbors house and robbing them to make up for it.

OTOH, if you're looking to legitimately generate money through Adsense, keep in mind that it generally takes a lot of work, and assuming you're selling a product or generating commission sales already (otherwise you wouldn't be talking about conversion), Adsense will likely be detrimental to your site, as it can lead away possible customers that would have bought your product but saw an ad they were interested in and clicked away to a competing site.

Best of luck though anyway.

jdi_knght, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  6. jdi_knght

jdi_knght Peon

Best Answers:
    Also keep in mind that certain areas have massive competition, for example web hosting. Campaigns in these areas are extremely difficult to run, and do risk losing an awful lot of money, and often your ad has to be very specific to ensure that interested clicks will be still be interested when they arrive at the site. Low conversion rates in these cases are often because of the massive competition, and not necessarily fraudulent clicks.

jdi_knght, Apr 10, 2006 IP
    jimkarter likes this.
  7. jimkarter

jimkarter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Very good points jdi_knght. rep to you.

jimkarter, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  8. WebPLanner

WebPLanner Banned

Best Answers:
    Adwords sucks? Join the club. I quit adwords as well. Moved to overture which converts better.

WebPLanner, Apr 11, 2006 IP