1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If a Webmaster of forum Doesn't like Links then Just Disable the Option. Its Simple!

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Flashnest, Jun 23, 2011.

I recently joined a forum and got banned for sharing my two cents.. There was lots of threads started asking where to find royalty free images. Replies to posts were months some even years old all sharing their links.. So I thought I would offer my link. Yesterday I received an email saying I was banned for spamming. ?? How is this considered spamming?? Theres a difference between telling someone a web address and spamming. If for say i was posting a link to a healthcare website or whatever in a thread discussing royalty free images then that would be considered spam. But how is it spam when your link is relative to the thread/post?? Its obvious to me that the forum webmaster didn't like me sharing my links.. Its plain and simple.. If that is the case then they should just remove the option so nobody can post links.. Instead of accusing me a spammer!!

Flashnest, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  2. Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well.. if it was your post on the community and you posted links to elsewhere then that would be assumed as spam.

And you might also be correct that the webmaster did not liked your links if they are taking away business from him. That is the way that life goes, everyone is looking after their own interests.

Nuno Brito, Aug 21, 2011 IP
  3. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sure thing, you should try and do things the way they are supposed to be done, otherwise be prepared to face the consequences.

unknownpray, Aug 25, 2011 IP
  4. Flashnest

Flashnest Peon

Best Answers:
    Using links to share information.. Wow, what a strange thing to do on the world wide web.. lol..

Flashnest, Aug 30, 2011 IP