1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IE8: certificate not issued by a trusted authority - why?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Multiplexor, Apr 10, 2013.

Hello,

I have installed a certificate issued by globalsign. Some visitors using Internet Explorer 8 are getting the error "The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority...". Here is a sample screenshot:

[​IMG]

What is the reason and how to resolve this issue?!

I cannot reproduce this problem on my computers. There is no such error, even in the same version of Internet Explorer. Some customers have reported this issue however.

Multiplexor, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  2. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    May i know your website? Some time, this happen due to wrong time and date in users computer.

humtuma, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  3. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It happens when the CA bundle is incorrect when SSL being installed. Browse through https://ssltools.icns.com.au & see to it that all the checks are passed.

MilesWeb, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  4. RonBrown

RonBrown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some certificates now require an intermediate certificate to be installed to the server first. IT could be that the intermediate certificate is missing - this is highly suggestive given the error message. The provider of the SSL should have more details on their web site.

RonBrown, Apr 11, 2013 IP