1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IE7 vs Adsense ads

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by kalashnik0v, Jan 23, 2006.

1. contactsonia

contactsonia Active Member

Best Answers:
    ... and there are 1000s are webmasters who are earning money just because of Google AdSense. Do you have any ideas what impact this could make?

contactsonia, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  2. Computer(Jew)

Computer(Jew) Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Microscopic .
    It's a tiny industry and all but the biggest players earn less than 5k$ a day (less than a small coffee shop) , and I am pretty sure that 95% of the publishers are not even relying on adsense for income .
    And since it's Giant VS Giant wars ,and users love ad-blocking features (remember when Yahoo would popunder everything till everyone got a blocker ?) , I don't think anyone will care .

Computer(Jew), Oct 20, 2006 IP
  3. Computer(Jew)

Computer(Jew) Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    830 milion is 4% of HPs Quarterly sales , distributed among thousands . Oh boy , what an impact it would make if something happens to it !
    :p

Computer(Jew), Oct 20, 2006 IP
  4. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Comparing online advertising with hardware sales doesn't mean much. Everything about the businesses is different. I could say that HP's annual revenue is 4% of the GDP of Switzerland.

We're talking about online advertising here, and Google has an estimated 1/4 of the total online advertising market. Adsense, with $3.3 billion annual sales, in the only advertising sector with real growth, is nothing to scoff at.

Microsoft has lost in related cases, based on anti-trust laws. They settled with Real Player for $750 million. If IE was blocking only Adsense, I think there would be a legitimate complaint there. Who knows.

Sharpseo, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  5. skandalouz

skandalouz Guest

Best Answers:
    it would definatly make a difference, yes, perhaps not that big, but there are tons and tons of small websites relying on adsense, i have a small website myself, and i think if my ads would be blocked i would just quit right away

skandalouz, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  6. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    I can block adsense with IE 7? Wooo Hooo, that alone makes it worth installing!

noppid, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  7. Zedzero

Zedzero Peon

Best Answers:
    as far as i know,
    if ms really blocks any competitors revenue source, they can't include ie7 by default on windows.

and does anyone really think that this is a "bug"? what a coincidence... google openly challenges microsoft on almost all fields, and ms "mistakenly" blocks only revenue source of google.

Zedzero, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  8. whitebark

whitebark Peon

Best Answers:
    I installed it on both of our office computers as well. Identical computers running the same software and being upgraded from the same version of IE6 with the same security patches etc applied beforehand and guess what? One upgraded IE7 displays google adsense ads and the other does not.

All affected upgraded browsers still show bidvertiser, ypn, and kanoodle etc, just not adsense ad units of any type. I hope we are the freak examples because this really could make for drop in earnings across our own website holdings.

whitebark, Oct 26, 2006 IP
  9. saadahmed007

saadahmed007 Admínistratör

Best Answers:
    Yep our earnings will drop becuase they will not be able to see our and no clicks...that sucks i think google should launch thier own browser G Browse :p :D
    Saad :)

saadahmed007, Oct 26, 2006 IP
  10. whitebark

whitebark Peon

Best Answers:
    Searching around the net this doesn't seem to be a big problem yet - other than mentions when it was still in beta. Maybe my home and our work computer are just the odd-balls. But it would be nice to have it display properly for doing work at home!

whitebark, Oct 26, 2006 IP
  11. bacanze

bacanze Peon

Best Answers:
    Google should dump a big pile of money on Microsoft table and say 'fix it'

bacanze, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  12. UBF

UBF Peon

Best Answers:
    Well... Now that Vista has arrived with IE7 as a standard one should expect the IE7 to be out of beta right? I'm still having the "no adsense" problem.

Did anyone come with an idea about how to fix it?

UBF, Feb 15, 2007 IP