1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IE7 vs Adsense ads

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by kalashnik0v, Jan 23, 2006.

1. kniveswood

kniveswood Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If im not wrong, even having adblocker on a default FF installation would still require the user to deliberately add Adsense's url to block it.

kniveswood, Jan 27, 2006 IP
  2. ronmojohny

ronmojohny Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have IE7 beta, and adsense shows up just fine.

-Ronmo

ronmojohny, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  3. kalashnik0v

kalashnik0v Peon

Best Answers:
    Which version ? Mine is 7.0.5299.0

kalashnik0v, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  4. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    assuming that you people are correct, I think micorosoft is again trying to use it's monopoly of IE for it's business. They are going to provide a service equal or better than google adsense(which is not difficult to do imo) so that people don't hesitate to migrate on IE. But still this is pretty idiotic and there will be a huge backlash so I don't think so that they will do this.

poseidon, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  5. Nasruddin

Nasruddin Peon

Best Answers:
    Whoa! If this is true, it’s really bad news for many sites, including ours. It seems the IE7 Beta breaks Adsense. The ads just don’t show up, according to the Inside Google blog.

I noticed this today, that none of my ads were appearing in IE7. Considering that by the end of the year, IE7 should be available for almost all versions of Windows, unless Microsoft wants to face the ire of developers everywhere, it had better fix this.

Nasruddin, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  6. Philky

Philky Peon

Best Answers:
    This is just a bug. The AdSense ads disappear only when the security settings at their highest level.

Philky, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  7. Andy-V

Andy-V Active Member

Best Answers:
    They work for me in IE 7, but overall IE 7 isn't looking very good atm anyway.

Andy-V, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  8. mariush

mariush Peon

Best Answers:
    It's probably a bug. Regarding Firefox, I'm using a nightly build, updated about 2-3 times each day and adsense loads fine.

browser sig: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060130 Firefox/1.6a1

mariush, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  9. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    IMHO it would be a bad move, it would hurt a lot of people (webmasters) financially and when you threaten someones livelyhood, you make enemies. I think Microsoft could seriously harm their company with these actions.

Roman, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  10. lonecrow

lonecrow Peon

Best Answers:
    MS has been on a security kick with all recent releases having everything turned off by default. So I wouldn't be surprised if that beta version of IE7 just shipped with Javascript disabled.

my 2cents

lonecrow, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  11. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Notable Member

Best Answers:

Damn dude you are always this angry aren't you. Chill... people have the right to block what the fuck they want to including your ads on your site if they don't want to see them. If we had the choice of erasing billboards when we drive down the road people would.

Fact is 90% of the people out there have no idea how to block ads just like was stated earlier.

God forbid they become computer savy and you do not get to make money off their ignorance anymore.

Microsoft would never block Googles ads. They kinda of like all their pages being in the Google search engine.

I use IE7 Beta 2 on my laptop has my backup/testing browser and ads show fine for me.

BamaStangGuy, Feb 16, 2006 IP
    GRIM and GTech like this.
  12. Brad Callen

Brad Callen Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a pretty bold move made by Microsoft.

But whatever microsoft try to dish up, I am sure google and their technicians can find a way around it.

Brad

Brad Callen, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  13. chachacallis

chachacallis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    firefox seems to use alot more memory than IE, but i am all for firefox right now

chachacallis, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  14. whitebark

whitebark Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to bring this old thread back to life but I just installed the latest IE7 version available and it does not display google adsense ads for me either. I have done nothing to my setup beyond installing IE7 and IE7 only. I viewed one of my sites minutes before installing it and the adsense ads displayed fine.

It's a bug to be sure - it's MS after all - but hopefully not a bug that many people encounter as they upgrade. That could kill revenue.

whitebark, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  15. Computer(Jew)

Computer(Jew) Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's a good feature for most users , that's for sure . Many people I know use pop-up/ad/banner filtering and blocking anyway , so bundling it is a smart move by MS .
    Since AdSense is a small-money industry , and the users will support Microsoft (do you see anyone saying that they prefer to see Google ads instead of not seeing Google ads ?) , the only reasons for Microsoft to turn this off is some kind of a massive deal with Google or just out of sheer stupidity .

Computer(Jew), Oct 20, 2006 IP
  16. Riboflavin

Riboflavin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have Windows Vista installed which came packaged with IE7 and it displays adsense just fine.

Riboflavin, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  17. frisby

frisby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh god... why IE7 don't block also google.com ;)

There must be adsense in IE7, if not, I don't know what we'll do. :rolleyes:

frisby, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  18. jacobs8

jacobs8 Peon

Best Answers:
    If IE blocks adsens then internet will loose big time I think. There are many sites that can provide quality information only because of revenue from ads. Free information = ADs on pages. Would it be better if you have to pay for information but there's no ADs?

jacobs8, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  19. Andy-V

Andy-V Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google will have to change the code if MS dont do anything about it.

Andy-V, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  20. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Small money? G paid advertising partners $830 million last quarter. That's $3.3 billion in revenue over the next year, assuming zero growth.

http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/2006/10/20/ap3107911.html

Sharpseo, Oct 20, 2006 IP