1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IE7 Default Font Size

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by nevetS, Jan 23, 2007.

I don't know if this is a me problem because I've played with my settings, or if it's an everywhere problem.

When I have IE7 set to Medium (on View->Text-Size->Medium), my text is significantly larger than what is displayed in Firefox by default. If I have it set to "Smaller" it maps much closer.

I'm wondering if I've changed my IE settings or my firefox settings in the past and that's what is affecting me, or if this is default behavior for these applications.

I did check and I have my IE zoom at 100%.

You can't really tell from the attachments I guess, but the IE screenie is 132 pixels longer than the firefox one.

Attached Files:

nevetS, Jan 23, 2007 IP
    Clive likes this.
  2. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    I've noticed IE7 vs FF2 font size differences myself, too. Insignificant in some cases and quite annoying in others. Is that screenshot of a website page that is live? If you posted the URL, I would do a quick test and see how my IE behaves to font size changes.

Clive, Jan 23, 2007 IP
    nevetS likes this.
  3. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    nevetS, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  4. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    My eye doesn't see any noticeable difference between FF and IE behaviour when resizing fonts. However, line spacing issue is there inside the middle panel. .

Clive, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  5. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    I finally got around to adjusting the line height and you were right.

nevetS, Jan 24, 2007 IP