1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IE is dead.

Discussion in 'Bing' started by animationgeek, Apr 4, 2011.

1. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its not the time yet :

[​IMG]

at least for me :)

N_F_S, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  2. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you not read the link in my sig or do you not understand what you are reading? Pointing to a few things that IE finally supports years after ALL other browsers supported it hardly makes it a modern browser. Many of the thing sin my link IE10 won't even support yet ALL other browsers do now! Right now, IE10 is two years behind in development where ALL other browsers stand today. Anyone who thinks IE can compete, technically, with ANY other browser doesn't know what they're talking about.
    I've told you before, those sites must be mis-serving to Chrome. I also told you, you can find a search result on Google for ANY problem. I also asked you to provide a link to the sites you are having problems with and you still haven't done so.

btw, your chart only proves that MOST PEOPLE DON'T USE IE!

drhowarddrfine, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  3. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    N_F_S,

Here's another example of how incompetent IE is. Go to the Boston Globe's new web site and view the source. Starting at the top, and scrolling on down, look at all the conditional code that must be inserted for all the various versions of IE. There are at least six. PLUS there is javascript just to keep IE in line with how ALL the other browsers work without the need for javascript. Notice, also, that there are NO such accomodations for ANY other browser.

And that's not just the Boston Globe. You can go to a lot of websites that do the same thing. I'm thinking half of our clients web sites do the same thing because IE is inept, incompetent and years behind the modern world.

drhowarddrfine, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  4. clinton

clinton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah there's this crowd that thinks IE and "The Internet" are the same thing. Those are the people who still use IE 5 or whatever peice of crap was hoisted on them when they got the operating system.

clinton, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  5. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    I understand that you hate IE, but that wont change a thing. I prefer my visitors to be comfortable while browsing the website.

Regarding IE9 and 2 years behind, well, if you prefer to code for 10% of your visitors with the LATEST browser versions - you can, its totally up to you. In my case I was doing tha same, but then I opened my website in IE6 and I was shocked. You can suggest people to upgrade to your super duper latest browser, my choice - to edit the source code.

"I've told you before, those sites must be mis-serving to Chrome. I also asked you to provide a link to the sites you are having problems with and you still haven't done so."

so Amazon and mozilla.org mis-serving to Chrome ? Okay, then :)

I think you missed this post:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2141025&p=16747011#post16747011

There you can see snapshots.

Comparing to ANY search on google is not correct and you know it. Image loading is a BIG issue. You can find MANY other small problems, alignment, color, style etc just for ANY browser, but Im talking about pages/images not loading, thats a huge difference.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
    N_F_S, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  6. E--Marketer

E--Marketer Peon

Best Answers:
    Firefox, I love firefox the best browser in my opinion

E--Marketer, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  7. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Stating a web site should still work with IE has nothing to do with the capabilities of the browser. IE sucks no matter how many people use it. Back when I got started on the web, everyone used to claim IE6 was a better browser than Firefox and Opera. But they learned. Talking about web design is off topic here.

It never fails to astound me that, in this day and age, there are still people who create web sites that still think IE is a good browser.
    As an indirect developer of the Amazon site (through a client of mine), I can assure you Amazon has no issues whatsoever serving images to Chrome. And thus you have convinced me you have a bad install of Chrome or your system is bad. Move on.
    I did not.
    You're proving my point. You can find tons of complaints about any problem with any browser. If ALL users of Chrome had problems loading images, there wouldn't be many Chrome users. And, fwiw, you are the ONLY person I have ever met who has ever mentioned such a problem. As a web developer with tens of clients, you would think I would hear feedback from them when a user complains about such a thing. Yet, over almost 8 years of development, you are the first to do so.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
    drhowarddrfine, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  8. freezio

freezio Peon

Best Answers:
    I think still theres a lot of people using IE :D and + with the new IE 9 even more people are going to use it because it soo much faster (i used to dislike IE too but i like it now)

freezio, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  9. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations. You now miss out on a multitude of functions available in every other browser. You get to join the clueless who don't know any better.

drhowarddrfine, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  10. OmarJames

OmarJames Member

Best Answers:
    Firefox seems to get very slow to me lately, I don't know what is the problem on my side but its already fixed now. Installed IE8 and I liked but still I'm sticking with firefox I guess.

OJ

OmarJames, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  11. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    So it's NOT slow for you. If you kept your FF up to date, you'd be running FF6 now and you wouldn't be complaining.

drhowarddrfine, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  12. Needless

Needless Peon

Best Answers:
    I am surprised that like 48% of the browser market belongs to IE. It is probably due to people not knowing what other internet browsers are available. I know too many people who still use IE. Chrome FTW

Needless, Oct 5, 2011 IP
  13. acethemaster

acethemaster Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. FF and chrome is much better than IE.

acethemaster, Oct 5, 2011 IP
  14. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sure your brilliant insight astounds the posters on DP.

drhowarddrfine, Oct 5, 2011 IP
  15. jhonyee

jhonyee Peon

Best Answers:
    I think IE is not completely dead because some people are still using it.
    You can say IE is sick now but not dead.

jhonyee, Oct 5, 2011 IP
  16. sengatsu

sengatsu Peon

Best Answers:
    IE is so laggy for me lol. I always use Chrome or FF (although FF has troubles losing processes when I close tabs so it gets annoying for my computer which does not have good memory / ram).

sengatsu, Oct 5, 2011 IP
  17. BurnOut

BurnOut Banned

Best Answers:
    Haven't used this for years now and not planning...

BurnOut, Oct 13, 2011 IP
  18. bobbybruno19

bobbybruno19 Peon

Best Answers:
    Mozilla Firefox is the best browser one can use. It’s got great features, its user friendly and it’s classier. I loved the way it operates. It’s better than Google Chrome and IE of course.

bobbybruno19, Oct 13, 2011 IP
  19. Steve Myers

Steve Myers Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe this is why I use Ubuntu ;-) No need for browser connected updates, just run tilda (root) and you're good to go.

Steve Myers, Oct 13, 2011 IP
  20. Ace_McIntosh

Ace_McIntosh Peon

Best Answers:
    The IE in its latest version is actually pretty good ... compared to the older versions. Of course other browsers offer much better experience plus the webpage optimization for IE can be a one living hell sometimes. (BTW, on my netbook, the IE behaves very choppy - I don't know why, otherwise it's decently fast browser)

Ace_McIntosh, Oct 13, 2011 IP