1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IE is dead.

Discussion in 'Bing' started by animationgeek, Apr 4, 2011.

1. clinton

clinton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I only wish IE 6 was dead. My work uses IE 6 for all of its computers--huge organisation. I think these are the ones keeping IE alive. Really sucks because it makes developing and designing anything good a fucking pain.

clinton, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  2. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    not "some websites", but MANY, and among them are big once, so bad coding is not the reason. Plus many people are having the same issues, on my work, my friends and the whole web is full with threads about random times when images dont load in chrome. Safari loads pages fine, I tested it on my PC.

why would a huge organisation still use IE6 ?? The only reason I can think of is they dont heavily need/use internet.

p.s. I just saw one online user on my site:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.00; Windows 98)

thats some old dinosaur :)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
    N_F_S, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  3. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    I own a web development company. We have multiple browsers on multiple computers with multiple operating systems. I'm also the "go to" guy for friends and family. NO ONE has issues with images not loading in Chrome. NOBODY. And as I showed you, you can Google for the same issue on any browser and find "many people" with the same thing.

So my advice to you is, fix your system, and your friends, too.
    They mistakenly got sucked into the Microsoft mindset and all their software is geared toward Microsoft. But Microsoft ignored internet standards and now those companies are screwed. They can't use a different browser and it's too expensive to rewrite their own code.

drhowarddrfine, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  4. Spawned

Spawned Member

Best Answers:
    I have had so many issues with IE 7,8, and 9 that I just gave it up. using Google Chrome now for good. Will give the new FF a try eventually.

Spawned, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  5. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    this is funny, my system runs flawlessly, every program works fine, I have installed all modern browsers: IE9, still using FF 3.6, latest Chrome, Safari and latest Opera. And just because Chrome sometimes doesnt want to load images I need to fix my system? :) The only reason I can think of is the Kaspersky internet security, but if Chrome doesnt like it , its' tough luck, not even gonna test it without it. By the way, I tried chrome when I had Vista too - same problem.

Do the companies need to pay to upgrade to IE 7/8/9 ? Or are you saying that their interface is written for IE6 and would not work with latest browser versions?

N_F_S, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  6. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Then fix your install. Chrome does not have this issue. Post the links you are having problems with so we can see them.
    It's not Chrome's problem. It's Kaspersky if Kaspersky is blocking it. But I don't think that's true either.
    More proof that the sites you are having problems with are the issue and not Chrome. It's entirely possible those sites have bad server settings that are not serving some images to Chrome. I've seen that with other browsers.
    It was created with IE6 without paying attention to standards. They only looked at Microsoft's documentation and followed that. That's part of the reason Microsoft had anti-trust charges against them and why they've been under US Federal oversight for over a decade (that ended just a few months ago).

drhowarddrfine, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  7. wwcash

wwcash Peon

Best Answers:
    IE is dead. very very very very very very very very very very Long Time Ago

wwcash, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  8. MasterBlaster1

MasterBlaster1 Member

Best Answers:
    I have a hard time how a multi-billion dollar company cannot make a decent browser...

MasterBlaster1, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  9. clinton

Best Answers:
    Private health org, province wide. My assumption, they haven't got a fricken clue. We use the web all the time.

clinton, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  10. ardianet

ardianet Member

Best Answers:
    well, for me IE is dead.. for designer.. but not for user..

because last time a design a web, my client always said "I don't like it", I checked on Chrome, firefox, & opera all are good but I forgot to check on IE and that was my client browser....

I think there's still a huge user using IE as their browser

ardianet, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  11. Sharpwebhosting

Sharpwebhosting Member

Best Answers:
    losing ground but still 39 % of users.

Sharpwebhosting, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  12. SpeedyJay

SpeedyJay Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use a chrome add-on to block facebook, cause I'm a bit addicted. There are times when I really-really want to see what's on fb so I open IE... and boy, it's lame. Super-slow, so many toolbars...

SpeedyJay, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  13. ZigZagHosting

ZigZagHosting Member

Best Answers:
    Haha so true :rolleyes:

ZigZagHosting, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  14. xtmx

xtmx Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a college geology professor who showed this:

browser-wars.jpg

xtmx, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  15. Mike Inkster

Mike Inkster Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry people, I know that you have your dislikes. I use the fellowing browsers and find that they all have their own little quirks. FF,Safari,Chrome,IE,Opera. These are not in order of perference.
    Down loading them is so easy to do also. It is just that someone is a scare of change. The feel that they may do something bad to their puter.

Find that if you use and try them they are no different than the other. It depends on how the site is written.

IE is not a virus magnet at all. It because many people do not care about MS. or is it Bill Gates?

Mike Inkster, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  16. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely false! IE is incapable of running many of the current and newer processing elements available in ALL other browsers.
    Then how do you explain the 10x or more number of vulnerabilities in IE listed by Secunia? Or do you not know how to read the graph?

drhowarddrfine, Sep 10, 2011 IP
  17. clinton

Best Answers:
    I say quit designing for old decrepid versions of IE. When people relize that they can't function on any websites and that every website they visit askes to upgrade to a newer browser, they'll eventually get the hint.

clinton, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  18. WiseRack

WiseRack Peon

Best Answers:
    IE is horrible. I think the only reason it is still used is because it's packaged with Windows and people don't know any better. :p

WiseRack, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  19. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats not right, I'm designing for ALL browsers including modern once, and the only difference in IE9 from latest Firefox/Chrome/Opera is the text alignment(css), apart from that everything rendered the same. IE9 even supports border radius)) So MS people are trying hard, its about time. But still I prefer Firefox as it has a better interface to me.

Regarding Chrome, fresh screens:

On the 1st see the image on the right did not load:
    [​IMG]

on the second screen it didnt load the stylesheet I guess!

[​IMG]

You are saying to re-install, but I have been installing Chrome since 2009 and already tried that. By the way if you read the same issues on google support website from other people, you will see that no one was able to help and find answer:

Chrome version 4 - http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=4f4114448b03b409&hl=en

Chrome version 5 - http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=532af3f96d432fa7&hl=en

Chrome version 2 - http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=5aa2568c20390c65&hl=en

Chrome version 7 - http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=06a11d2632c90d8e&hl=en

Chrome version 9 - http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=51728b9662054e07&hl=en

Chrome version 10 - http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=48ca678b0def2e8b&hl=en

Chrome version 11 - http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=7a76559b26114e89&hl=en

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=20960

isnt this too much ?

Someone mentioned there that its a DNS problem, but how can it be a DNS, if all other browsers load pages fine, must be something new in Chrome then.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
    N_F_S, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  20. vishnubabu

vishnubabu Member

Best Answers:
    Come on trash IE and get FF or Chrome :D

vishnubabu, Sep 13, 2011 IP