1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IE Illustrated

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by anthonycea, Sep 30, 2004.

Microsoft Internet Explorer is the story right now. Is it part of the Operating System? Is it a stand alone product? Is it a security problem? Should Microsoft patch the IE Browser for all windows users?

There are many questions we all need to continue to ask and many are asking them.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-5388831.html?tag=zdnn.alert

Should we all switch Operating systems because of M$ failure to give us a secure browser?

Microsoft claims that the browser is part of the operating system, right?

I may be kind of dumb, but I have a question, if every expert is telling us NOT TO USE IE and that it is flawed, does that mean not to use the OS also since M$ insists that IE is part of the OS?

My answer to this question is YES, switch OS to MAC or Linux as soon as possible folks.

Can we have your thoughts?

anthonycea, Sep 30, 2004 IP
  2. mohamad1983

mohamad1983 Peon

Best Answers:
    well...u should know that i am a Microsoft user and never regret for using microsoft products but i say that IE was not secured till the last few months when microsoft made new security updates to it....so i dont use either than microsoft products since i tried that out, coz it needs a lot of resources and it is very poor.

mohamad1983, Sep 30, 2004 IP
  3. The Rev

The Rev Peon

Best Answers:
    which expert are you speaking of?

The Rev, Sep 30, 2004 IP
  4. mohamad1983

mohamad1983 Peon

Best Answers:
    well u can say that i work in computer maintainence ad to graphics....

mohamad1983, Sep 30, 2004 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    What expert? How about the United States Government!

Did you read the article in the opening post?

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-5388831.html?tag=zdnn.alert

In case you could not find it, I posted it again for you above. :)

Part of the article is cut and pasted below for your enjoyment!

IE defectors
    Microsoft weathered vociferous campaigns by Web developers to support standards published by the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium). Now many of those same developers are urging surfers to dump IE in favor of standards-compliant browsers like the Mozilla Foundation's Firefox.

Perhaps worse for IE's reputation, security advisers including the U.S. government's CERT (Computer Emergency Readiness Team) have warned against using Microsoft's browser. (CERT praised SP2's security improvements, but half of Windows users can't access them without paying for an upgrade to XP.)

LOVE, LOVE! How are things in the UK?

anthonycea, Sep 30, 2004 IP
  6. The Rev

The Rev Peon

Best Answers:
    I love the word vociferous!

And hoss, I ain't in the UK. ;)

The Rev, Oct 1, 2004 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Rev, it is about time for you to come clean, lest we label you a spy for the enemy :mad:

Are you going to do a hello thread?

Tell us about yourself without getting fired from your job, you are not being fair and I will have to start holding back on you if you do not come clean :mad:

anthonycea, Oct 1, 2004 IP
  8. The Rev

The Rev Peon

Best Answers:
    Spy for the enemy?

Okay, I'll come clean. See that con trail up there? That's my doing. I work for the Organization of Ration Thought (ORT) and you've been on our radar for quite a while. The con trail is virtually harmless, it just contains nanobots we use to spy on people.

It's alright buddy! I'm just messin' with ya. I didn't make no con trails.

And I'm no enemy spy. I actually like this forum a lot and love all the dp tools. This is a great site!

The Rev, Oct 1, 2004 IP
  9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I guess that means you are not going to start your hello thread, PM me the link if you do so I can piss on your parade :eek:

anthonycea, Oct 1, 2004 IP
  10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    One of the founders of Netscape talks about the development of browsers and how it may decide the winner in the OS/Browser wars.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-5399954.html?tag=nl

I hope Google develops a browser since M$ seems not to care at all about anything other than running everyone else out of business.

They sure do not care for their customers security or that of the internet itself.

If they did care about security they would give every OS a secure browser instead of forcing customers to pay 100 bucks to upgrade to XP.

anthonycea, Oct 9, 2004 IP