1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IE 8 is more powerful than firefox?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by tonis, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ukpua

ukpua Peon

Best Answers:
    In my personal opinion mozilla firefox and google chrome. I found chrome to be little faster loading up than mozilla but didnt like the interface. I guess its because I being using firefox for several years now and got used to their interface. There is a website that ran benchmarks across the browsers. Comparing things like usablity, load up time speed.

ukpua, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  2. ghyper.com

ghyper.com Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, you are comparing candle with sun..fireforx still rox :D

ghyper.com, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  3. rkbehera1

rkbehera1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Chrome browser is not good and user friendly. It may crash if more than 10 sites are opened at a time.

rkbehera1, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  4. MervikHaums

MervikHaums Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are wrong my friend. According to my experience Google Chrome performs well than internet explorer. It never crashed even with 20+ tabs.

MervikHaums, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  5. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    In fact, each tab runs in its own process so Chrome cannot crash, only a tab can.

drhowarddrfine, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  6. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used google chrome today in my site builder and really liked it. Page load and previews were 3 times as fast as FF. FF has been crashing alot for me lately. I'll be using chrome more I think

globegenius, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  7. ian0031

ian0031 Peon

Best Answers:
    Firefox is still the better one because of its speed and plug-ins available.In fact you can modify your Firefox browser for more great speed especially in terms of browsing.

ian0031, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  8. souleaa3

souleaa3 Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't think so

souleaa3, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  9. Pristuno

Pristuno Peon

Best Answers:
    I use firefox. I think firefox is better than IE8.

Pristuno, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  10. Pristuno

Pristuno Peon

Best Answers:
    Firefox is much better than the Internet Explorer.Because it has a good series of plugins.

Pristuno, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  11. CDarklock

CDarklock Peon

Best Answers:
    Which are also subject to a standard, so if you comply with all three standards...

But I've had the same experience you have. Whenever someone doesn't do the right thing, it's Firefox. I don't understand how they've interpreted the CSS box model, but it's patently NOT what the standard says.

CDarklock, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  12. jeyluk

jeyluk Peon

Best Answers:
    Although I like IE8, I still prefer FF. :)

jeyluk, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  13. wwwsolution

wwwsolution Guest

Best Answers:
    yes, perhaps it is a piece more powerful and speedy than firefox. IE 8 comes with great and excellent features which might be not in firefox. Also firefox have those features that are not in the former.According to my experience firefox is more comfortable than ie8. But it is not so reliable as the ie8 is.

wwwsolution, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  14. Jossey

Jossey Guest

Best Answers:
    me too :D ................

Jossey, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  15. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure which browser you're talking about but it is IE that has problems with the box model, not Firefox. If your markup does not work in Firefox, but it does in IE, then you coded it wrong. Never, ever use IE as a reference for how things should work.

drhowarddrfine, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  16. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely false. Check any trade magazine for speed tests.
    Firefox comes with more features that aren't in IE8.
    Technically, IE8 is incompetent. 12 years behind all other browsers. Unable to render current standards and practices ALL other browsers handle gracefully. IE8 is an embarrassment to Microsoft.

17. CDarklock

CDarklock Peon

Best Answers:
    This is why we have a standard.

If the standard says to do one thing and the browser does something else, the browser is wrong no matter who made it or how much you like them.

The code conforms to the standard if and only if it conforms to the standard. You check that by referring to the standard - not to any software implementation of that standard. Regardless of whether it's IE or Firefox that doesn't display your code properly, your code must be checked against THE STANDARD.

And if it conforms to the standard, it should display as specified in all browsers. When it doesn't, you don't point your finger at the browser you don't like. You point your finger at the one that doesn't match the standard.

CDarklock, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  18. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    That is correct but your last post seems to suggest IE does a better job of that than Firefox, which is not true by a long shot.

19. masterrio

masterrio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would always prefer FF over IE
    I usd to prefer opera until few yrs ago, when really FF pulled their socks up

now both FF and Opera r good, IE is lighter than bfore, but long way to go in security and internal features

masterrio, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  20. CDarklock

CDarklock Peon

Best Answers:
    No, it pretty much comes right out and says it.

IE isn't perfect, by any means, but the problems it has with the standard are weird and esoteric.

Firefox has problems with basic functionality. They're easy to work around, but they're still problems, and they're not getting fixed because it's so easy to just work around them. Since the workaround is every bit as legal and standards-compliant as what doesn't work, the developers don't see the problem.

And the problem is fundamentally that Firefox is open source. Like any project, you can divide the bugs into four groups: easy/no-workaround, hard/no-workaround, easy/workaround, and hard/workaround. Since every developer is a volunteer, this is the order in which they will be solved.

And because the software is constantly live, the hard/workaround bugs will probably never be fixed. Indeed, most of the easy/workaround bugs will never be fixed, either. It is easier to simply document the workaround.

And yes, IE also has hard/workaround bugs. The difference is that between versions, each and every one of those bugs has someone actively assigned to try and fix it.

CDarklock, Jan 13, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.