1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IE 8 is more powerful than firefox?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by tonis, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spirit Walker

Spirit Walker Peon

Best Answers:
    IE might be PowerFull but FireFox is All in All.

Spirit Walker, Jul 19, 2009 IP
  2. asdirc

asdirc Active Member

Best Answers:
    firefox , if from faraway most stable the IE

asdirc, Jul 19, 2009 IP
  3. iamdownloader

iamdownloader Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on your system Guys.

iamdownloader, Jul 19, 2009 IP
  4. bluebelt91

bluebelt91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hav not tested IE8 yet.. but looking forward for it..

bluebelt91, Jul 19, 2009 IP
  5. bpled

bpled Guest

Best Answers:
    IE8 is slow...

bpled, Jul 19, 2009 IP
  6. replikka

replikka Peon

Best Answers:
    firefox for me all the way. the addons are a big plus

replikka, Jul 19, 2009 IP
  7. ilikenwf

ilikenwf Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you'd all stop using windows and use a real operating system like Linux, you wouldn't have firefox crashing. I use the firefox nightly builds, and it is blazing fast. IE never will or can compare.

ilikenwf, Jul 19, 2009 IP
  8. SuperPower

SuperPower Guest

Best Answers:
    IE8 Isnt standards compliant, get with the times MS.

It's only popular cos its shipped with windows and the low technical user dont know any other good ones.

SuperPower, Jul 19, 2009 IP
  9. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually IE8 is a lot better than IE7 and 6, but Firefox is still a lot more responsive. It takes a lot more memory to start up and open Firefox, but tabs open a lot faster, menus load quicker, and opening 15 tabs at once won't slow down your browser with FF as much as it would with IE 8/7/6/5.5/5/4...

Ascendancy, Jul 19, 2009 IP
  10. ilikenwf

ilikenwf Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you were using linux, you'd find Firefox's memory footprint smaller, and load times faster...

That said, using the nightly 3.6rc builds, I have found that the 3.6rc builds load incredibly fast for me, even on Linux, taking only 3-5 seconds, with all of my extensions.

ilikenwf, Jul 19, 2009 IP
  11. ganeshkgiri

ganeshkgiri Active Member

Best Answers:
    Now i m using IE 8 but its not working wel for me so i have Google chorme and firefox too

ganeshkgiri, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  12. Jesse27

Jesse27 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What, IE Sucks.
    Stick with Firefox.

Google Chrome is also good. But Firefox rules! ^^

Jesse27, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  13. B.Williams

B.Williams Active Member

Best Answers:
    IE8 is better then Firefox is some way. But when comparison them between stability and compatibility. I think Firefox is better then IE8.

B.Williams, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  14. SuperPower

SuperPower Guest

Best Answers:
    Hmm i might give IE6 a go... lets see how long it lasts...

SuperPower, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  15. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Well then you'd be perfect for IE4.

drhowarddrfine, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  16. Auryx

Auryx Peon

Best Answers:
    Firefox was , is and always will be better than IE

Auryx, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  17. teckinik

teckinik Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't used IE for about 4 years and I don't think I am going to use it for speed I have Opera and for stability I have chrome and for seo work I have Firefox.

teckinik, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  18. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have Internet Explorer 8 installed on one of my computers. After running a series of server-side tests I have to say, without reservation, that IE8 is indeed more powerful than Firefox.

IE7 and IE8 provide a comprehensive set of HTTP headers that allow a server-side programmer to provide a more complete experience. For example, IE HTTP headers can report to you, SERVER-SIDE, the version of Flash or Silverlight or other plug-ins that the visitor is using. IE will also report if a page is embedded or not, and also provide a more complete set of raw headers. This is why IE is standardized for almost all corporate computers - the additional information can provide more advanced security measures.

Chrome isn't as powerful as IE is, but with some hacks you can still pull some useful information back through the HTTP_ACCEPT header. Chrome can also report back if a page is embedded or not, along with with lots of other useful information.

Firefox meets the bare minimum for HTTP headers (probably to provide faster browsing) and so, client-side provides no additional information to the server. Firefox can't even determine if a page is embedded or not! It's weaker than Chrome, and much much weaker than IE.

Also, as many of you have already discovered and some people have already reported, some Firefox 3.5 installs provide a strange non-standard user agent string which will break some existing browser detection server-side scripts with an ugly Error 500 (yikes!).

BTW, only a novice would cry and whine about client-side issues like CSS incompatibility, etc. Any experienced webmaster can design around any client-side issues. I can make your website look stunning and load fast using just Netscape 1.0, duh! Anyone who screams about client-side issues is someone who is slapping together fat and sloppy pages and is looking for excuses instead of admitting they are an incompetent HTML designer.

Server-side, Internet Explorer 8 easily crushes Firefox like a locomotive crushes a ping-pong ball. It's not even fair.

Corwin, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  19. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Howard, I'm sorry to say that your immaturity and inexperience won't allow you to admit what you've repeatedly proven - that you really don't have the technical competence to keep up with this discussion.

As far as me "disappearing" for a few days - sorry, pal, I have a life. I know you miss the attention you get here, but you've already proven, again and again, that you are woefully out of your league. You don't write like someone who has 40 years experience - oh, wait, you edited that to 30 years experience, didn't you? And I don't believe that you ever served on the Firefox development team. For all your bluster, the best you can muster is the above post I am replying to - you attack anyone who DARES to disagree with your dictatorial view of the internet. You're just a sad, angry loner with a grudge.

Corwin, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  20. ilikenwf

ilikenwf Active Member

Best Answers:
    How about this: People are all different, and we all as adults can make our own choices. I personally favor Firefox for it's security, speed, and extensibility, as well as the fact it is open source, versus Microsoft's business model of keeping the user in the dark and monitoring all of their actions.

ilikenwf, Jul 20, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.