1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IE 8 is more powerful than firefox?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by tonis, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. casben79

casben79 Guest

Best Answers:
    what about google chrome, i have used it since it came out its fast and secure, only ever crashed a few times, but for a brand new browser thats not too bad, no more than IE...
    i like it, never go back to F*&^%$ IE and never liked firefox as a program, dont know why it just doesnt do it for me..

casben79, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  2. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Technically, Chrome is an excellent browser, too. As is Safari and Opera. You can't go wrong with any of the modern browsers. Some may argue about a feature or functionality here or there but that's sometimes personal preference. As far as technically rendering a web site and programmability, they're all good.

Just stay away from IE. Many current practices now implemented on all the other browsers are only on Microsoft's "wish list" for IE9 as stated on the IEBlog. IE8 is incompetent at best.

drhowarddrfine, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  3. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ah, there's MORE of that "shoot the messenger" hypocrisy that shows how fragile "drhowarddrfine" knows his position to be, isn't it? Reduced to more pathetic personal attacks.

Sad, isn't it?:(

Corwin, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  4. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, corwin, you make stupid, incorrect mistakes, ignore questions, show you aren't technically competent and want respect for that. It would be better if you would just lurk, keep your mouth shut and maybe you'll learn something.

Better yet, ask questions and we can teach you and you'll learn why you are so wrong.

drhowarddrfine, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  5. SunstarShop

SunstarShop Peon

Best Answers:
    I use firefox in the pass months, i find it easy to open many windows in a interface, and like it appearance and alway have the auto updates, let me know it secure for me!

SunstarShop, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  6. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Boy, when you get it wrong, you REALLY get it wrong, don't you? Although your bitterness is so very entertaining.

Corwin, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  7. wazpy

wazpy Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't care too much about power. As long as Firefox suits my basic needs, I'm sticking with it. The reason I switched over was that I didn't want one company dominating the browser niche.

Also, I won't use Chrome because I'm kind of afraid that Google will eventually run everything of any consequence on the Internet.

wazpy, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  8. amalantony

amalantony Active Member

Best Answers:
    firefox anyday better than any version of IE!!

amalantony, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  9. ikidunot

ikidunot Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    IE8 sucks, FF is much more bug free on opera

ikidunot, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  10. blognbucks

blognbucks Peon

Best Answers:
    Firefox is better then any other browsers. There are some problem saving the username and password filled in internet explorer.

blognbucks, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  11. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Presently, my personal preference is Firefox because it is faster, although when I am working I usually have FF, IE, and Chrome all running at the same time.

For page testing, I test on FF (latest), IE 6 & 7, and Chrome (latest).

Corwin, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  12. foxtrot1

foxtrot1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you, i have a hard time using IE before, specially when i am editing website, it doesn't load all the content of the sites, even if IE8 is now powerful than firefox.. i still use firefox.. i love using add-ons it helps a lot on my daily work routine

foxtrot1, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  13. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Get that out of your head. IE8 is inept compared to ANY other browser. It's javascript engine is lame and slow. It stumbled around the DOM. It is years behind the others in css3 support and on and on.

Just wait till Opera 10 and Firefox 3.5 are release (very shortly now). They're already 11 years ahead of IE8. They'll make another big jump then.

It's gotten just plain stupid to use IE8.

drhowarddrfine, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  14. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    used FF cause of firebug, colorzilla, normal web surf i prefer opera .....
    Start to hate FF, due to crash, heavy resource (three tab 400mb) .....
    Never plan to use chrome, i don't support monopolize :)

SonnyCooL, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  15. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Look, Howard, you get no argument from me with anything you've written above. Especially with IE's slow JavaScript engine and it's buggy CSS model.

And yes, IE8 is a disappointment.

BUT - I'm sick of having to de-louse the computers of friends and family that have no antivirus, and no firewall, and having to bear their cries of "it's not my fault" as they conveniently blame all the infections on IE instead of their carelessness.

IE - or any browser - is only as vulnerable as the user using it. Remember, the Titanic was undeniably the most unsinkable ship ever built. But it fell prey to carelessness.

Corwin, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  16. TheFounding

TheFounding Banned

Best Answers:
    Surely you jest? Firefox beaten? NO

TheFounding, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  17. TheFounding

TheFounding Banned

Best Answers:
    Maybe someday, but IE, Opera, and Chrome have tried and failed to do it.

TheFounding, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  18. Rachel Green

Rachel Green Banned

Best Answers:
    So many people are discussing this, here is the review from http://www.downloadatoz.net/

1. Mozilla Firefox is safer and more stable than Internet Explorer.

Firefox security vulnerabilities are fixed fairly rapidly, it doesn't discriminate it's users and no validation needed for updates which means a safer internet experience for everyone. Microsoft Internet Explorer updates requires a validation of purchase for the Operating System. If the users computer fails the validation, no updates can be installed. Also some vulnerabilities are do not seem to be perceived by Microsoft as a priority, leaving the users computer prone to spyware and viruses. Moreover, Firefox has the Adblock extension capable of blocking banner ads or obscene pictures.

2. Mozilla Firefox has developed Addons.

Firefox has for many years has had variety of add-on, programs and enhancements to choose from to let the user personalize their own web browser to make the Internet a better experience according to their interests. Microsoft has only just recently expanded to allow add-on for users.

3. Mozilla Firefox is available in more kinds of language than Internet Explorer.

Mozilla Firefox uses Open Source software that is a collaboration of varied programmers internationally that volunteer to be able to contribute and build a better web browser regardless of their culture or language. Firefox is available in 62 languages whereas Internet Explorer is only available in 33 languages.

4. Firefox has more versions than IE.

There are 2 default and various other themes available for Firefox, making it look better always with our choice of colors and design. Internet explorer shows just the standard theme that actually is a lot boring one.

5. Firefox loads pages more quickly than IE.

There is a download manager with Firefox, which lets us know how much download is on progress and how much is left. And it always downloads files at a specific location without always asking the user for the download location. And main good factor is that an ongoing download can be paused in firefox. But in Internet explorer, we always have to select for a location for download, and download cannot be paused if once started.

6. Firefox can be used on multiple platforms.

Firefox can be applied to multiple platforms, including Mac, Linux, Windows, but Internet Explorer only can be used on Mircosoft Windows.

http://www.downloadatoz.net/downloa...-firefox-better-than-internet-explorer_g.html

Rachel Green, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  19. Paul1011

Paul1011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    FF is the fastest i think

Paul1011, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  20. Angadude

Angadude Peon

Best Answers:
    Here are the statistics for my 2 week old Online Radio service:

Firefox No 69015 89.9 %
    MS Internet Explorer No 3728 4.8 %