1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

idotz.net is a SCAM

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GFPC, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I hate to post this, but i want to warn all webmasters of how they treated me.

About 10 days ago i had purchased a domain from another webmaster. We did the whole process of transfer from his registrant to my registrant netfirms.

At first there was an issue and i had to contact my host. They sent the email to them and the company took off his privacy feature. Then submitted a release request.

Of course the webmaster filled it out and did so. I entered the codes for the transfer in my control panel. It said "waiting for registrant to release domain"

I called my host as it was already a week more or less, and they said not to worry all steps were now done and the system would do it within an hour.

I waited the hour and nothing. called back. He said its slow should be done in morning. Of course now this was several days ago...

I sent them an email indicating I am the owner and could please release it as my registrant indicated they have not done so.

After a few days of ignoring me they finally replied that i would need to send in the request for the transfer and it would take 5 days by ICANN policy.

Well it was already past 5 days almost 10 days.

I emailed them again and they said you need to contact your registrant to do the request.

I did that again, and my host said they need to release the domain...

Its in a loop hole here now and no one will help me. I cant get the domain I bought from this webmaster released to me.

In the transfer itself, it does say by the 30th if its not done it will be cancelled.

Does this mean now i have lost my money? I wont get the domain?

hAs anyone dealt with Idotz.net and their shaddy business ethic?

Idotz.net is a scam i think and are not releasing my domain name on purpose for some unknown reason.

I did file an ICANN complaint..

Anyone have any other advice??

Thank you.

GFPC, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  2. GFPC

GFPC Peon

Best Answers:
    For all webmasters,

For far to long idotz.net has been doing these little tricks to their clients.

Just do a google search for "idotz.net" is a scam. Or search here for posts related to them hijacking domains and not allowing transfers.

Both myself and the owner of the domain in question have requested repeatdly that they do the transfer and they have refused.

Not only that but they have blocked my Ip and emails... and closed both our tickets at will with no replies to either of us.

I am asking for anyone who has 2 mins of time to send them a message that it is not ok to do this to us WEBMASTERs.

Please send them a message and refer to this post as the subject line.

If they get enough replies maybe they follow through on their breach of ICANN rules for domain transfers.

i would appreciate anyone helping out by sending them a message here.

xxhttp://support.idotz.net/?_a=tickets&_m=submitxx

I do not think they should be allowed to do this ever again..

Lets show them they are not the owner of the domains...

We have to take a stand against these bullies..

GFPC, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  3. greek39

greek39 Guest

Best Answers:
    iDotz.net Cool Domains at Great Prices lays their claim. Recently I sold 12 sites without so much as a hiccup. All went perfectly fine until I tried transferring one out from iDotz.net.

This is really bizarre and is worth a thorough read. Tell me what you seriously think I have my mind made up.

Posted on 29 Sep 2009 04:59 PM
    Why is my account locked? greek39

Hostmaster

Posted on 29 Sep 2009 05:06 PM
    The listed account has been locked down, due to persons or parties associated with this account has been determined to be spamming and/or abusing our system. This is against our terms and conditions. http://www.idotz.net/policy.cfm

21. Abuse Spam. If iDotz.Net determines that the services in question are being used in association with spam or if we have determined that anyone associated with your account is spamming our services, iDotz.Net will re-direct, suspend, or cancel any account, web site hosting, domain registration, email boxes or other applicable services for a period of no less than 2 days. The registrant or customer will be required to respond by fax to iDotz.Net stating that they will cease to send spam, abusing or spamming our services and/or have spam sent on their behalf. iDotz.Net will require a Non-refundable Cleanup Fee, currently set at US $250.00, to be paid via direct payment or wire transfer before the account, site, email boxes and/or services are reactivated. In the event that iDotz.Net determines the abuse has not stopped after services have been restored the first time, iDotz.Net may terminate all services, included but nor limited to the hosting and email boxes associated with domain name in question.

Posted on 29 Sep 2009 05:09 PM greek39
    I am the account holder and have not violated your abuse spam policy.
    Hostmaster

Posted on 29 Sep 2009 05:15 PM
    The account associated with "xxxxxxxxxxx" has been determined to be spamming and/or abusing our servers, including but not limited to spamming the helpdesk ticket system. This is against our terms and conditions. http://www.idotz.net/policy.cfm

21. Abuse Spam. If iDotz.Net determines that the services in question are being used in association with spam or if we have determined that anyone associated with your account is spamming our services, iDotz.Net will re-direct, suspend, or cancel any account, web site hosting, domain registration, email boxes or other applicable services for a period of no less than 2 days. The registrant or customer will be required to respond by fax to iDotz.Net stating that they will cease to send spam, abusing or spamming our services and/or have spam sent on their behalf. iDotz.Net will require a Non-refundable Cleanup Fee, currently set at US $250.00, to be paid via direct payment or wire transfer before the account, site, email boxes and/or services are reactivated. In the event that iDotz.Net determines the abuse has not stopped after services have been restored the first time, iDotz.Net may terminate all services, included but nor limited to the hosting and email boxes associated with domain name in question.

Posted on 29 Sep 2009 05:18 PM greek39
    Furthermore I cannot control that which I have not done. I spoke with support a few days ago via telephone and everything was okay. I recently purchased several domains so I could jeopardize my standing with iDotz.net.

As a professional Hosting company does this sound right?
    Hostmaster

Posted on 29 Sep 2009 05:25 PM
    Spamming and/or Abusing our servers are an issue we take very seriously for which we have a zero tolerance policy.

The account locked period of no less than 2 days. The registrant or customer will be required to respond by fax to iDotz.Net stating that they will cease to send spam, abusing or spamming our services and/or have spam sent on their behalf. iDotz.Net will require a Non-refundable Cleanup Fee, currently set at US $250.00, to be paid via direct payment or wire transfer before the account, site, email boxes and/or services are reactivated. In the event that iDotz.Net determines the abuse has not stopped after services have been restored the first time, iDotz.Net may terminate all services, included but nor limited to the hosting and email boxes associated with domain name in question.

Posted on 29 Sep 2009 05:28 PM greek39
    Again I did not spam nor abuse your system. What about my legal property my domains. I would like too see viable proof this took place by me.

Posted on 29 Sep 2009 05:37 PM greek39
    The account associated with "xxxxxxxxxx" has been determined to be spamming and/or abusing our servers, including but not limited to spamming the helpdesk ticket system. This is against our terms and conditions. http://www.idotz.net/policy.cfm

This I am unaware of I recently submitted transfer for this domain. perhaps the new domain holder is responsible and not myself. No reason I should have my account locked and accept responsibilities for anther's actions.

Please unlock my account and I will contact the new domain holder and request it stop

Hostmaster

Posted on 29 Sep 2009 05:53 PM
    The domain xxxxxxx.com that is pending transfer requetsed on updated date = 2009-09-25 07:52:46.0 has persons and/or parties associated that has been Spamming and/or Abusing our servers for over 72 hours. The domains is currently listed under your account, that has been . Although the registry will process the pending transfer 5 days from the request. Currently you are account holder, the domain is listed under, this included the contact for the domain record. That account has been determined to be spamming and/or abusing our servers, including but not limited to spamming the helpdesk ticket system. This is against our terms and conditions. http://www.idotz.net/policy.cfm

ADMINCONTACTEMAIL-0: xxxxxxxxx
    ADMINCONTACTLANGUAGE-0: en_US
    ADMINCONTACTNAME-0: xxxxxxxx

Posted on 29 Sep 2009 05:58 PM greek39
    I am not responsible for this! nor will I accept responsibility. The person responsible is the soon to be the the new domain holder. He maybe contacted but why must I accept responsibilities for his actions?

What about my other domains?

Posted on 29 Sep 2009 06:01 PM
    In his own words

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxx/
    Hostmaster

Posted on 29 Sep 2009 06:07 PM
    Unfortunately you, as the account holder, are fully responsible for the actions. :eek:The tickets weere fully addressed, but the response failed to accept the response and choice to spam our services. Spamming and/or Abusing our servers are an issue we take very seriously for which we have a zero tolerance policy.

The account locked period of no less than 2 days. The registrant or customer will be required to respond by fax to iDotz.Net stating that they will cease to send spam, abusing or spamming our services and/or have spam sent on their behalf. iDotz.Net will require a Non-refundable Cleanup Fee, currently set at US $250.00, to be paid via direct payment or wire transfer before the account, site, email boxes and/or services are reactivated.
    xxxxxxxx

Posted on 29 Sep 2009 06:12 PM greek39
    This would mean others could easily have anyone's account locked. I have no other choice but to keep the account locked. I refuse to accept the actions of another. Where I am from this would be classed as domain hijacking. I am not pleased in the slightest and will voice my concerns loudly and clearly if this account is not unlocked ASAP.

Not the first time idotz.net has played this game and certainly will not be the last. The lesson when buying a domain be sure it is from a accredited ICANN register. Idotz.net is not stay clear they will hold your property for ransom.

greek39/:eek:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
    greek39, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  4. divethetrench

divethetrench Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a couple of info domains there last yr..I let them expire...after readingf this I better check my cc info to see if they were renewed w/o my permision

divethetrench, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  5. greek39

greek39 Guest

Best Answers:
    Couldn't hurt I certainly don't trust this company. They have a pretty big rap sheet of shady practices. Above the law and answerable to know one IMO.

I will get those domains back one way or another. Wished I had more knowledge before hand.

greek39

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
    greek39, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  6. peter_anderson

peter_anderson Notable Member

Best Answers:
    iDotz is known for its shady practices (as GoDaddy is), which are currently allowed. Unethical, yes. Illegal, no.

peter_anderson, Sep 30, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.