1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

idiots and credit cards

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ZuraX, Aug 31, 2006.

I work at a gas station/tobacco store.

We pump the gas for you for the same price as if you were to go elsewhere and pump your own. The customer pays the guy that pumps the gas. We accept cash or credit/debit(check) cards for the gas.

Inside we only accept cash to keep the costs down. People are always complaining because we do not accept cards for tobacco, etc inside.

I explain that we only accept cards outside and if we had a choice we wouldnt take them for even that. They give me an odd look and I tell them why. Its because when the card is run we are charged 18 cents and a percentage of the amount of the sell. I tell them we only make 3 cents a gallon on the gas and if they use a card we lose money. If we was to accept cards inside we would have to charge more for the tobacco, etc.

The #1 reply I get? What do you mean you get charged for taking my card? My bank doesnt do that! I explain its NOT their bank its the place we use to charge their cards... They never understand. Most say they will just go up the street to the Indian who charges way more than us...

Example of him charging more... We was selling Skoal for 2 cans for $4.99 plus tax, they had it for $5.99 plus tax. We sell 20 ounce pops for 90 cents they have them for $1.20 or so...

I wish people would wise up on how credit cards work...

Sorry just had to rant a bit...

ZuraX, Aug 31, 2006 IP
    Keith Taylor likes this.
  2. jacksmith

jacksmith Peon

Best Answers:
    why don't you put a donation box inside and say that we are collecting funds to make the pump 100% credit card compatible and so your small donation would go a long way in improving the service :D

jacksmith, Aug 31, 2006 IP
  3. ZuraX

ZuraX Active Member

Best Answers:
    LMAO someone would steal the money...

ZuraX, Aug 31, 2006 IP
  4. ZuraX

ZuraX Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, to whoever, for the grey rep! LMAO!!!

ZuraX, Aug 31, 2006 IP
  5. kevinn

kevinn Active Member

Best Answers:
    tell em to go to your website

kevinn, Sep 1, 2006 IP