1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IDE Drive not detected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by UnHide, Dec 23, 2012.

Well guys, i got 2Cd drive. on SATA and one IDE. The IDE is not detected in Windows 8 . Can anyone help me out?

UnHide, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  2. Pie-Rate Kiing

Pie-Rate Kiing Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hey UnHide,

Be sure you don't format the drives in Disk Management or make any changes other than possibly assigning a drive letter .

Win 8 has on occasions had problems with certain types of drives and\or partitions. The problem is most likely with Win 8, not the drives.

If you can't get them to work internally, possibly you could try a external USB type adapter.

Also, have you tried updating the drivers for the IDE Controller ?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
    Pie-Rate Kiing, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  3. techwizardsolutions

techwizardsolutions Member

Best Answers:
    from what I am gathering you have 2 CD-Rom drives, one is SATA and the other is IDE/PATA is this right? The IDE CD-Rom could be a number of different things from a BIOS setting the IDE controller not being enabled for example. It could be that the IDE CD-Rom needs a jumper set for it to be a single/master drive. It could be that the drive doesn't work or a bad cable...while that is not everything it is where I would start. If I knew for sure the drive was good I would check the jumpers, check the BIOS, and try a different ribbon cable in that order. As another idea, not sure if you have attempted this or not, have you tried the IDE as the only drive you hook up and see if it is the SATA that is interfering?

Just a few ideas, hope it helps

techwizardsolutions, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  4. sas_man

sas_man Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    also, try making sure one is set as master and the other as slave. there should be a pin on the back of the dcd-rom, which can be moved depending on which settings you want.

sas_man, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  5. maxmaurya

maxmaurya Member

Best Answers:
    You didn't mention that IDE cd drive detect or not detected in BIOS. Well try diagnosing it step by step

First of all, remove other device from IDE cable except IDE cd drive and then check it whether it detect in bios settings. If not then change the IDE cable as well as check the power connector whether it working or not.

If yes then make it master or slave via jumper setting.

And other scenario is detected in bios but not shown drive icon then check disk management whether windows assign it drive letter or not.

Hope it will help you :)

maxmaurya, Apr 2, 2013 IP
  6. Jacksons84

Jacksons84 Member

Best Answers:
    Goto the Bios and chose the Hard drive the Setup and check the Your IDE setting Enable/Disable if disable then you enable and restart the computer or you see your driver work properly.

Jacksons84, Apr 20, 2013 IP