1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'd pay for Drupal help

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by brandondrury, Oct 23, 2005.

Hello,

I installed Drupal Friday night. I've only taken my eyes off of it for limited sleep, food, bathroom, shower, and 3 episodes of South Park.

The more I play with it, the more I understand that this is an immensely powerful program capable of doing just about anything I'd ever want to do with a website based on the current web world that we now know.

Anyway, I've read page after page of help. It speaks in concepts, which I usually appreciate, but right now I need some exact answers to exact problems. The time I've spent messing around with research has been very inefficient. I have a few questions that could probably be answered in a 5 minute email from a person who has a strong understanding of Drupal.

So if you want to make a few bucks in short amount of time, I'd much appreciate it. Instant message or email me if interested.

Brandon

brandondrury, Oct 23, 2005 IP
  2. just-4-teens

just-4-teens Peon

Best Answers:
    why dont ya post the questions and maybe u could get help for free and use the $$ for better things? :)

just-4-teens, Oct 23, 2005 IP
  3. brandondrury

brandondrury Peon

Best Answers:
    "maybe" is the key word there.

Maybe the lottery fairy will pay be a visit tonight, too.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be a jerk. I have actually posted on the Drupal forum. The issue here is time. I have a few deadlines that I hope to meet. I'm not paying a lawyer wage here. I just want to make it worth someone's time to help me. That's all.

Drupal is designed to be all things (almost). That's the main reason that I'm attempting to learn it. I'm confident that if I can understand it's basics (which are anything but basic) then I will have one of the most powerful platforms on the planet for any site that I need. Because it's so flexible, it's difficult. If someone could address my specific needs for now, then I can learn off of that.

Brndon

brandondrury, Oct 23, 2005 IP
  4. jazzylee77

jazzylee77 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a much more active forum than drupal's. And drupal's forums are oddly organized, difficult to search. There are no subforums that are open to assisting with specific mods. This seems to be by design to push most specific talk into development. Anytime a problem is getting fixed in the forum, the developers start chiming in saying "hey! take it to patches... or some other development node". I'm not really complaining, since this is how drupal became what it is. But their forum is what it is. Worth a shot to check there, but generally not the easy answer.

If you post your specific problems here you may get answers. If you don't you won't.

There are so many mods and users with different levels of experience. Few would confidently say I can fix anything, without knowing what the problem is. But for specific problems there may be someone who has been down that particular road and can give direction.

And if you do find someone to work on it for you for $, you will at least have formulated the problem well in advance.

jazzylee77, Oct 24, 2005 IP
  5. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried the Drupal route, ended up ditching it and coding the site in php includes files. 1000 files to be exact but probably faster than setting up that darn drupal up properly. I couldnt find ANY help for basic info anywhere, including the Drupal forum. Hell, if I wanted to code a custom module they'd be more than helpful, but the shat on the little guy when it comes to setting up a basic Drupal site.

mdvaldosta, Oct 24, 2005 IP
  6. jazzylee77

jazzylee77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya know? I think I'm seeing the need for a niche forum here.... Funny thing is, I wouldn't even think of trying it using drupal! A site for helping startup and mod drupal, hosted on v-bulletin.

jazzylee77, Oct 24, 2005 IP
  7. brandondrury

brandondrury Peon

Best Answers:
    That's the same exact vibe I got.

In my opinion Drupal has dropped the ball. It's the most powerful program I've ever seen, but it's ridiculous that no one has came up with a simple method for posting images. What are they thinking?

I spent 14 hours on Saturday trying to figure out a simple way to post images and to add basic navigation to my site.

This software is for mega advanced people who have the time to work on hardcore coding. Well, I'm trying to build powerful, useful websites and I don't have the time for it.

Good bye, Drupal.

Brandon

brandondrury, Oct 25, 2005 IP