1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'd like to improve my ability to concentrate. But how?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by qwikad.com, May 21, 2014.

1. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    First: The blood-type idea is BS. So forget about that.
    Second: This has little to do with concentration, more to do with confirmation bias - you have written something, proofread it, and reread it a few times - then you convince yourself that the content is perfect, and you read it again - and it is. But it isn't. You've just convinced yourself that it is, and then your brain will cover small mistakes that isn't glaringly obvious.
    Third: as others have suggested, letting it rest for a bit, say half an hour, before sending/posting might help, because then your brain "resets" between writing and reading, and it will be easier to spot errors.

While I don't really suffer this problem, I do spot some errors sometimes - I usually don't stress it, because I don't make that many of them, hence it's not really that big a deal.

Depending on your predisposition, you might also benefit from changing your surroundings - some people work better with distractions turned off (hence no music or talking or other distractions), while others work better with visible / audible distractions present. You might experiment a bit, and see if you perform better with different types of distraction/lack thereof.

PoPSiCLe, Feb 4, 2017 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  2. highphiverr

highphiverr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    meditation and a special device know as the neo neurophone developed by Dr. Patrick Flanagan does wonders. http://www.neoneurophone.com

highphiverr, Feb 4, 2017 IP