1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

iCal (*.ics) / vCal (*.vcs) converter?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by TBennettcc, May 16, 2006.

Hey there. I'm new here, and stumbled across this forum on a Google search. The problem I'm facing is that I have Active Desktop Calendar, which outputs its files in iCal (*.ics) format. I recently purchased a Palm Tungsten E from a friend who didn't need it anymore, and I want to be able to sync the two. I believe that the Palm can only read vCal (*.vcs) format. Is this true, and if so, is there anything I can use to convert/mediate between these two programs?

I'm running Windows XP Professional w/ SP2, Active Desktop Calendar v5.99b, Palm Tungsten E w/ Palm OS Software v. 5.2.1.

If I have to, I suppose I can look at other calendar programs, but I would really only like to use that as a last resort. Is there anything that can help me out?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. - I'm not really a computer programmer or anything fancy. I know HTML, and some Java. That's about it. I'm open to learning something new, but I don't need to know PHP, and I would prefer not to have to take a two-year course on it just to make this a reality. (I know that's a bit exaggerated, but I think you get the idea. As long as you can keep the concepts simple, I think I'll be fine.)

TBennettcc, May 16, 2006 IP
  2. dbmac789

dbmac789 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can use the Markspace Syncing application at Markspace.com

I have a Macintosh and it is the only product that allows me to sync my calendars. The Markspace application is called The Missing Sync.

It's available for PC's and Macs. It will sync your palm device with your iCal and more. (no I don't work for the company; just a happy user for a few years).

You can find them at www.markspace.com

Hope this helps. It should work for you. Check it out, they have a great site and very detail help and information.

dbmac789, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  3. andersonb

andersonb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try the VCS to ICS Calendar Converter:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/vcstoicsfilecon/

It converts VCS files to ICS (but not the inverse).

andersonb, Jun 18, 2011 IP