1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ibdata file growing too fast

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by siddharth007, Mar 13, 2014.

Hi everyone.There has been a bug in mysql (since the past 10 yrs or so) that the ibdata file size keeps on growing forever.Check link http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=1341
    I am currently using the free version of mysql-server-5.5 which has this bug.Therefore,i am planning to switch to the mysql enterprise edition.Can anyone please tell me whether this problem persists on the commercial version of the product too?Please help.

siddharth007, Mar 13, 2014 IP
  2. mwasif

mwasif Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think Enterprise version solves this problem either. But you can slow down this by forcing MySQL to create each InnoDB table to its own table space by my.cnf option innodb_file_per_table. This post will help you to reclaim your space.

mwasif, May 16, 2014 IP
    postcd likes this.
  3. Tier_net

Tier_net Active Member

Best Answers:
    I assume you are purposely using innodb. One solution would be to convert to MyISAM but you probably have a reason not to..

Tier_net, May 21, 2014 IP