1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

:)**IAQD.org Directory Union**:)

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by dopiitv, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Are your editors going to make a public disclosure of their interests and offer to hold themselves to be publicly accountable to their peers. Are your members going to make the same commitment?

workshop, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  2. dopiitv

dopiitv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unless given a good reason and to avoid corruption- my editors would like to remain private.

My members can do as they please, they under no way are under any commitment or agreement. They are simply directory owners who have quality directories and actually care about the directory market.

Thanks
    Mike

dopiitv, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  3. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    So if a dodgy gets get past them, no one, not the other members nor the public you are supposed to be working for will have any recourse to question their inclusion? Is this correct?

workshop, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  4. dopiitv

Best Answers:
    No, if something gets passed the editors (doubtful) and the members realize it- they can challenge their acceptance if they feel the directry is not quality.

dopiitv, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  5. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    As already posted, there's a professional organisation already going, why thier site is yet up and running beats me, I just know that from the sound of it they know what they are doing and not going to be a bunch of wannabe's like half the people here. I for one don't plan on giving $20 to people I have no clue about.

The IAWDO aren't charging anything and quite rightly so, why should we pay anything, we're doing them the favour of letting them help us etc. This other copycat from the looks of it is just another pathetic attempt at a get a quick buck.

The Pheonix, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  6. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Quality? Can you share some of these directories so we can see what "quality" is defined as?

thanks

LaCabra, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  7. dopiitv

Best Answers:

We're new, we dont have any accepted yet. We have directories waiting for review but I'll certainly let you know when we have them up.

Thanks
    Mike

dopiitv, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  8. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    I want to be represented by a group who actually know what they are doing, not just another directory list. Yours is a dupe of another name by the looks of things the domain dates, maybe looking at an icaan case here. :D You lot crease me, you all copy each other which is why none of you'll succede.

9. dopiitv

Best Answers:

I know you guys can't trust me but I'm NOT trying to make a quick buck in the least bit. The $20 goes to fund the union and advertising. How much better can a free association be than the directory forum at dp!?

I'm not a copycat, the charging is justified. If you don't feel like paying- don't

OMG! HOW DOES IAQD.ORG LOOK OR SOUND ANYTHING LIKE IWDAA.ORG! IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE THIS IMMATURE ABOUT IT STOP! I can't believe people sometimes...

dopiitv, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  10. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Fund WHAT union, yet another bunch of fanatics supporting just one group. We need regulation, regulation by a body of pro's (that leaves me out) :p Who's gonna be the leader of your gang, you? :rolleyes:

11. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mike are there any links to these said qualitiy directories please.

DownUnder, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  12. dopiitv

Best Answers:
    Again, no directories have been reviewed yet.

Thanks
    Mike

dopiitv, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  13. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Mike not reviewed directories you state the 5 people own quality directories, may i see the links to these directories please, sorry for the mix up.

DownUnder, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  14. dopiitv

Best Answers:
    I'm not the leader in the least bit. I'm just the one with the initive to start it. There are forums and a chatroom in the union so its not like im just going to be the big boss not taking other people's opinions. I'm not going to be the big boss at all. Its a democracy. Nothing is done with the money if someone voices their opinion about it. Everything will first be approved by the members

dopiitv, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  15. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Mike I can appreciate that you are new BUT not disclosing specific guidelines is a big mistake. If structured correctly, your guidelines can act as methodology for creating quality directories and you won't have to worry about people trying to game you.

You also need to come across much more professionally than you currently are, your site says:

Google.com has just recently opened up a can of whop a$$ on directories according to most directory owners. This is just a bad time for directories say some, and others say the need for directories is decreasing rapidly.

As an industry organization you should be projecting a tone of authority and professionalism - you should be the leader, you should be leading ... "whop a$$" , "according to most directory owners", "some say other say" .. see what I mean? I would also move to create your own forums and eliminate prejudice and dependency on a specific forum like DP.

my 2 cents
    :)

LaCabra, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  16. dopiitv

Best Answers:

I appreciate your 2 cents.
    Yea, sorry for the words- but its the truth. It may not sound professional but its the truth. We may disclose the guidelines soon, we just have to finalize them.

I know it may not sound athoritative- but thats not the point I'm trying to get accross, its an association, not a dictatorship.

Thanks
    Mike

dopiitv, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  17. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Mike, you can still project your thoughts and findings in a more professional manner. Associations demand respect and are seen as authoritative bodies that direct a specific industry for the well-being of its members. As it stands right now, you are not conveying that message. The message I am receiving from your writings is that your association is comprised of a group of DPers with "some" directory experience.

Anyways good luck.
    :eek:

LaCabra, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  18. dopiitv

Best Answers:
    Well you've precieved wrong. Now that you've mentioned it, I may change some of the txt that you have mentioned.

Thanks for the tips.

Thanks
    Mike

dopiitv, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  19. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with LaCabra if you want to represent the directory industry and be taken seriously then you have to be professional. I would start with some basic guidelines and then start getting directories involved. The guidelines can mature along with the association itself. If you start off with strict, complicated guidelines then you will only represent a small minority. The object is to get most directories involved in some way. I would go for a rating system, that way lower quality directories can gain entrance and then they have a reason to improve themselves so they can rank higher within the association and the accompanying search engine. Do it like this, have 10 criteria and if you meet 6 out of 10 you can be a bronze member, if you meet 7 out of 10 you are a silver member if you meet 8 out of 10 then you are a gold member, 9 out of 10 a platinum member if you meet 10 out of 10 you are a parntner member.

Of course you don't have to use those names for the levels but I think that should be the general idea. Each level could also have a certain number of votes attached to it so that way decisions will be made by the most senior and successful members.

You really have to be careful when you start approving directories because just being approved should not mean it is simply a quality directory. The wolves here can smell bloood, I can see it already. The first directory you approve no matter what it is there will be cries of foul and 100 reasons why it is not a quality directory. If you use the above levels then you can accept less than perfect directories and they can morph over-time. Plus every directory should probably start at a lower level for the first 30 days or something.

good luck

jg123, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  20. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Mike ... jg123 is providing a great starting point!

LaCabra, Sep 29, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.