1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

:)**IAQD.org Directory Union**:)

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by dopiitv, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesgdp

jamesgdp Peon

Best Answers:
    Under what duristriction are you a "International Association"?

jamesgdp, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  2. threebuckchuck

threebuckchuck Peon

Best Answers:
    [Edited to avoid conflict, just didn't understand the question] Call me a dumbass . . .

threebuckchuck, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  3. dopiitv

dopiitv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok seriously guys... we're not little kids. If you've got a serious question and you're not trying to start fights on my thread, then ask it. This is rediculous.

As to the whole $20 thing- every month I will release a spending report on how much money we have and where we spent it. Seriously guys. If you've got an honest question add me on Y! mjdonovan10 or PM me.

Thanks
    Mike

dopiitv, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  4. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The word 'international' is not required as the web is global by nature.
    The word 'quality' should not be used as it's subjective.
    Something more simple, such as 'Association of Directory Owners' sounds more professional, and whether it will become a quality resource or not depends upon its management.

syted, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  5. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    This looks very much like a closed shop to me. A club for established directories and a hang over from the bad old days. What we need is to give emerging directory masters a reason to enter the market and contribute to the growth and development of a resource which has a purpose. How can you claim to represent an industry when your objective is to exclude seventy to eighty per cent of the market?

What is your objective? Is it to set and maintain generally accepted industry standards or are you trying to separate yourself from the rest of us and justify charging a premium for what one hopes is a review of submissions?

Please confirm that despite the obvious, you personally would not recommended that the site I have in my signature be accepted as a member of your organisation.

workshop, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  6. adnan

adnan Peon

Best Answers:

OMG,

What a name, what a name.

adnan, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  7. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Next question? Are these the sort of people and is this the sort of membership you are looking for?
    This is the grunt talk one gets on this forum. Are these tomorrows leaders? Is this the sort of attitude we are trying to entrench?

workshop, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  8. dopiitv

Best Answers:

Hey Downunder,

Sorry to not get back to you sooner- really busy :) !!

I know the title may make you woner a little. Let me explain:
    Internation is so no one thinks its limitied to location, we accept owners from everywhere. Quality is key, we only accept quality directories. Our editors have to manually review each driectory and give each category a rank. Some ranks carry more weight than others. To correct you, this is NOT a business, all the money made on IAQD.org is spent on new and better things trying to improve directory owners. In the forums, we will decide how to spend the money fairly. At the end of each month I will release a .xls spreadsheet detailing where all the money went, so its not a business. That's the reason I made the search engine- so I can make money off that and leave IAQD.org alone.

The editors were chosen by me to begin with. Eventually, we will have an editor election of some sort once we get started up so there is no bias. Its not in house, these editors have been chosen by me.

I know theres all these groups and what not saying they support directories etc. but honestly- how long is a free directory union going to last. Its just going to be filled with spam directories and eventually just splat out. IAQD.org will be around for years to come- along with whompster.com (the search engine.

I hope this has answered all of your questions.

Thanks
    Mike

dopiitv, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  9. dopiitv

Best Answers:
    Zippy, its the name of the Association- its not the name, its what's behind the name that counts. Our management has been hand selected by me as I said in my previous post, you can read more about it there.

Thanks
    Mike

dopiitv, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  10. dopiitv

Best Answers:
    Under the Jurisdiction that we are internation and we are an association. Internation just means world wide- which we are, and we're an association, didnt know I needed a special permit to become one.

Thanks
    Mike

dopiitv, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  11. dopiitv

Best Answers:
    First off, I'm not too happy with you starting sh** on my thread- really took away from the point and agravated me.

I cannot promise that I will help you sell links, but it probably will. With whompster.com, people will want to get into whomster's index- the only way they can do that is to submit to the directories in the Association, meaning they have to buy links from you guys. It in turn will most likely help you sell links- but no garuntees.

Thanks
    Mike

dopiitv, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  12. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    You are ducking this one. Is it really that tough to answer?

workshop, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  13. dopiitv

Best Answers:
    One script fan... have I said ANYTHING about a SCRIPT in ANY of my POSTS or ANYWHERE in the SITE? No... stop trying to crash my thread. I know you guys were sent over here frm the IAWDO... I've got some inside sources.. :p

Its not a money maker for me... as Ihave explained a million times, and also IAQD.org is not AT ALL similar to IAWDO...

Thanks
    Mike

This is what I hate- stop trying to advertise your.. whatever you want to call it.. how would you like it if I went and posted my url on your thread. You guys are ALL dirty players and blantently in it for the money or something.

Thanks
    Mike

Haha I'm not trying to start anything- its getting pretty low here. Some dirty hits and low blows... I just wish people weren't so greedy...

Guys,

In all honesty- I'm not in it for the money. I'm in it to get some quality directories to stand out and have an advantage. I know there are other associations or unions out there, and you have all the right to join them... but how good can a free association do- how much spam can it take... how good will it due you if it has no money to invest in advertising and nothing that will help you get your directory on top.

As I've said a million times before- I'm NOT in it for the money, if I was- I wouldnt have invested extra $$$$ in whompster.com.

Please stop jacking my thread. I'd like to keep it solely about the IAQD.

Thanks
    Mike

dopiitv, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  14. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Grow up. If you want to play in the rush hour traffic understand that you are going to have to get used to answering difficult questions. I agree that there is a need to organise but I think you are just trying establish a new pecking order and I will be watching to see who you list with great interest. What makes your members sites "quality directories" that are separate and distinct from the rest of us? Do you have a public code of conduct that they all subscribe to and can be judged by? Who are you accountable to?

And no I have nothing to do with http://iwdaa.org . They wouldn't have me either. :D

15. dopiitv

Best Answers:
    Huh? I answered all the questions...

I'm not trying to establish a pecking order or anything. You'll see that in a few months. You may have suspicions now, and you should- but in a few months when we have hundreds of directories listed and a bunch of editors that have been elected by the members you'll realize that its not.

Thanks
    Mike

Sorry, missed that one.

No its, not a club for directory owners to hang over the bad old days, its to get together and make the directory market a better place. You're exactly right about the reason for new directory owners to come into the makret and thrive. Thats why I'm trying to set guidelines for new directory owners to reach, and also to give them the support of other veteran directory owners.

My objective is not to exclude 70%-80% of the market- its to exclude spam, and crappy directories. You're telling me 70%-80% of the market is spam? Thats what we need fixed!

My objective IS to set and maintain and generally accepted industry standard. Right now there are no standards- I'm just trying to help.

Thanks
    Mike

dopiitv, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  16. scoobby

scoobby Active Member

Best Answers:
    stop answering their questions if they want they can participate,if they dont they can walk away from this thread.You can use ignore list,is avery nice feature for some people:rolleyes:
    So what is going on?when are we going to learn if we been acepted or not???

scoobby, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  17. dopiitv

Best Answers:
    I don't want to ignore people though. Asking questions is a good thing, and if they want to challenge me, I'll just show em up. I've answered everyone of his questions without a problem.

As for when you'll know:we're still working out some kinks in the guidleine process. You'll know at the absolute latest tomorrow.

Thanks
    Mike

dopiitv, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  18. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    But this forum used to revolve around standards such as PR and Authority Sites. We had standards and Google took them away from us because they were being abused. What's changed? What's different about your "quality directories" or are we just applying the same old standards and reviewing sites these days?
    What precisely are you doing to make it easier for emerging directory masters to get into the industry. In the past you would pay door money to the nobs and spread a little happiness to the drones and it was called promoting your directory. Has this nasty practise been stopped or is this what you have in mind? A link from one means soooo much more than from a non-member.

Sorry if I sound bitter and twisted but I am!

19. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dem is good fight'in words but as I stated in another thread, these guys don't fight (or argue) fair. They spin and twist words and ideas to suit their own agenda, so why bother helping them do that.

I will take deeper look at the information when I have time later on and comment.

good luck.

jg123, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  20. dopiitv

Best Answers:
    Its ok, honestly, I love questions- the more I answer- the more people know.

As I have said before, Google has taken away these standards. But Google's standards were reviewed by a robot, not a human. All our standards are human made, human edited. Google has takenaway the standards- and we're trying to build them back.

Its not the same old standards. They're standards we feel make a quality directory.

What we're doing to make it easier is allowing emerging directory owners to set a standard for themselves and to make qaulity directories. Instead of making 10 ok directories (that a new directory owner would think are really good) you can make one directory that meets our standards and then make more or improve the first one.

Thanks
    Mike

Thanks jg... take a look and get back to me :)

Thanks
    Mike

dopiitv, Sep 29, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.