1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

:)**IAQD.org Directory Union**:)

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by dopiitv, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So the self proclaimed directory quality controller is now selling links on his self-styled high quality directory ecoguides.net/directory :eek:

I am waiting for the time you finish off my directories and me:D and promote your rubbish guide.

Lemme help you-
    go and report my high quality directory- http://www.onlineshoppingindex.org :p

jhnrang, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  2. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    My directory does not qualify as a "quality directory". I use a category dump and most of them are empty. I am just asking as I am not sure what the objectives are?

workshop, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  3. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ahh- I thought I saw a post of yours saying that it is a quality directory when someone asked you to define what a quality directory is.:rolleyes: I think you were answering coolweb:p

I am still waiting for a duel with you-- you threatened me to destroy me and my directories. I wanna see ur balls --how much you can keep ur words.
    Or is it just empty barking?:rolleyes:

jhnrang, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  4. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Its carries quality content but it doesn't quite make the grade as a "quality directory". There is a difference you know :rolleyes:

5. threebuckchuck

threebuckchuck Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a query, why are MOST of your categories empty? Do YOU consider you directory a quality directory?

threebuckchuck, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  6. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    We are using directories to build hand picked lists of sites. We are also offering general categories to web masters that are looking for back links that have a long term value. So to answer your question those empty categories are there for webmasters that understand that there is a value in submitting their sites to top level categories in a directory which is being developed to serve a nice interest and which also has long term prospects.

Then to answer your second question I believe the directory in my signature is a "better" directory than for examle Alive but then again who am I to judge?

7. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I was referring to your this answer to this post by coolweb.:rolleyes: SHAME

It is getting dull- why are you not acting as self-proclaimed directory quality controler again?:confused:

I wanna see ur balls-- or have you had a surgery and put them off?
    I have been itching all these days to answer you BS views - and you keep on avoiding!

Have your boss directed you to keep silent? Avoid?:rolleyes:

Be your own man. Look at things from positive point of views and don't criticize others without fixing your self first.

jhnrang, Sep 27, 2007 IP
    dtm likes this.
  8. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Notice that "quality directory" makes use of inverted comma's and refers to a statement of value made by "others". Whereas the use of the same term without inverted comma's is mine and mine only. So yes, whilst my directory does not make the grade as a "quality directory" I do believe it is already a quality resource.

In the past what you had to do was stuff your site full of filler content, drag it off for a hair cut, then to the tailor. You then had to scatter as many links around the net as quickly as possible, buy some PR and hand out door money to the boys who dispense favours and nod their heads every time you made an outrageous claim that everyone knows is complete bullsh*t. That was it, another totally useless "quality directory".

Has anything changed?

9. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    I'll stick to the IAWDO (International Association of Web Directory Owners) with respect Mike.

You're too much of a one script fan and that can only be bad in my eyes. I don't like the way phpld work and the mess many of thier users have gotten the directory business in.

No offense and good luck. Why did you take a simular name as iwdoa? Shows straight off that you are not setting a good example and why this $20 when iwdoa are doing it free? Isn't this a money maker for you?

The Pheonix, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  10. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:

Come again please!:eek: Quality resource? What do you mean by quality? As Rand Fishkin says-- adding some quality links might not make a directory quality in Google's eyes.

You think yourself SMART HU! There were many before you even joined DP who editorially added quality sites in their directories --and most of them are in SERPs wilderness now like me.

I now understand what Rand was trying to say-

Google does not like SPAM. Adding too many quality sites in a short time certainly call for RED FLAG from Google bots as WEB SPAM.

Grow natural. Will ya?

It does not matter- if your categories are empty or full-- what you need to make a quality site is to grow naturally--not by artificially inflating the quality.:rolleyes:

I have added around 800 quality sites in my directory and it is in Google's deep SERPs-slumber now. So I know exactly what I am talking about.

But you F**L - you don't know what you are talking about ( I want to make it personal with you- I just can't tolerate you BSing here that you have no knowledge of.:mad:)

So-- from now on my mantra is GROW NATURAL- DON'T LOOK NATURAL- ARTIFICIALLY as Rand puts it.

As I said above- you BS without knowing anything. So its you who is BSing --not me.

Come-on man-- make it personal- you and me.:cool:-- I am itching---

I'll be back in couple of hrs- need to go to bar to have few pegs so that my mood is robust again to give you a personal treat on DP.

jhnrang, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  11. threebuckchuck

threebuckchuck Peon

Best Answers:
    . . . and you have that right.
    From everything I've read here, script is not a criteria for inclusion.
    I would LOVE to see the submissions that get submitted when this service is free! :eek: Could you imagine the spam?

I think this is a good idea and frankly am getting sick of all the people who just want to start fights in these threads. It's getting OLD!

threebuckchuck, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  12. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:

The Pheonix, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  13. adnan

adnan Peon

Best Answers:
    Cool,

Nice idea there.

Good Luck.

adnan, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  14. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Well I never. Everything takes a little bit of time but it looks as if the penny is beginning to drop at last.

No chance we are ever going to get penalised for spam. Its just not possible in 30 mins a week. I decided two years ago that what these directories lack are people. What the content lacks is purpose and thats what we are adding. People with purpose and in turn what we expect to get is genuine interest, genuine content and at the end of the day genuine niche interest traffic.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Those same "quality sites" we were talking about or quality sites. Why so many? Why so quick? What's the purpose of your directory? Why did Google shaft you? Do you not think that it might have something to do with the fact that you are particularly loud and that you keep bad company.
    What happened to the old paymaster. There used to be a time when the captain of your ship was the last off but it looks as if they scuttled off first leaving you lot to sink or swim. Glad to see that you are coming round to "our" way of thinking.

Confirm we dont fit your profile.

15. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Very cool idea OP and hope you get many members. :)

popotalk, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  16. bobby9101

bobby9101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not http://iwdaa.org? (BTW, I just installed the forum, and am working on the board members area)

bobby9101, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  17. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Let me know OP how can I help. Sounds interesting and I was just YM'ed by one of your would be editors. Thanks.

popotalk, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  18. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Soon, we will need directory of directory association sites :D

coolsitez, Sep 27, 2007 IP
    syted likes this.
  19. werewe12

werewe12 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe this association can differ by keeping peace here in the directory sections? :rolleyes:

classic response :D

werewe12, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  20. ErectADirectory

ErectADirectory Guest

Best Answers:
    So much sexual animosity, show him your balls already and get this over with. We're getting sick of it. Workshop did not antagonize in any post of this thread, if fact, he sounded quite modest. Piss on each other through PM ... stop wasting my time.

Free leads to spam, this is why I have to reject ~70% of submissions on my free directory. Side Note: I started keeping up with rejected sites months after opening up shop, so I'm sure the number is much higher than 70% rejected. I now have an "approval rate" stat on the front page of my site boasting this to all. Enough on spam...

IAWDO looks to be a great place for people to sit around and talk (kind of like the Directories section of DP), I really don't see anything useful there as of now. Except they have a decent under construction page.

A search engine that promotes quality directories sounds like a great deal for owners. Hats off to dopiitv for actually getting off his tucas and doing something to help promote the industry as opposed to just whining about it.

We shall see if they accept my OpenLD (thought you wouldn't recognize it) hacked out directory. If they do, you can't call them phpld homers ... Talk about a one script homer :] Open up your source code already, it's not like your are doing anything revolutionary there. Besides I hear most of it is based on open source software ... what a crock, steal from the community then hide it from developers.

ErectADirectory, Sep 27, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.