1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I write from books but with my own words and got rejected

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by macnux, Jul 25, 2017.

1. thebrandman

thebrandman Member

Best Answers:
    A specific service is unnecessary. Anything original that you create is automatically under copyright, and owned by you. There is no need to register copyright for something to be copyrighted.

thebrandman, Jul 29, 2017 IP
  2. Almiria-Vylegjanine

Almiria-Vylegjanine Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, but when your content is copied, and you want to contact the hosting of the other website for example you need a proof of the copyright, this is just an example, there is many cases where you need to register a copyright.

Almiria-Vylegjanine, Jul 29, 2017 IP
  3. thebrandman

thebrandman Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you understand how copyright works. If you create something new and original, you automatically own the copyrights to that work. An artist who creates a painting, automatically owns the copyrights to that work. Authors who write a novel, automatically own the rights to that work. You do not have to register anything just to have a legitimate copyright claim.

I'm sure there are plenty of places where you can "list" yourself as the creator of something, but that is not necessary to hold copyrights.

Now, things like trademarks or patents are, most definitely registered, and can become a serious legal issue if someone tries to infringe upon that owned trademark or patent. But copyright law isn't the same as trademark law, and isn't "registered" in the same way.

4. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I guess you can use that legal jargon on someone that stole the content, not sure they will care...

US govt has no such service where you can register content...
    and just how do you prove it is your content?

dscurlock, Jul 29, 2017 IP
  5. Almiria-Vylegjanine

Almiria-Vylegjanine Peon

Best Answers:
    @dscurlock the DMCA website partner with lawyers around the world, they get your content registred and help you remove plagiarised content from other website, I'm sure there is other services like that, but it's the only one I know.
    https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-register.html is the US gov copyright service "The United States Copyright Office"

@thebrandman So if you write a book, you just stand there doing nothing and say it's yours? you have to register the copyright.
    I'm not talking about copyright meaning, but about how to protect it.

6. thebrandman

thebrandman Member

Best Answers:
    This isn't "legal jargon"; this is how copyright law works. I know. I'm an artist who deals with it all the time. ;)

There will always be people who steal things on the internet, or who don't care (or don't care to know) about the existence of copyrights. If the infringement is serious enough, and you feel the need to defend something that vigorously, you can always hire a lawyer to defend your rights to something -- as the original creator of that something. You can also send a C&D letter. Or, in most cases of internet theft, you can contact the offender, explain/prove your ownership and request them to remove what they have stolen. In many cases like this, the person may not understand copyright, and just explaining it to them will convince them to remove what they are using without your permission.

If YOU write a book with original content, YOU own the copyrights to what you have written.

I've offered some options for protecting your copyrights in my previous post.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2017
  7. Almiria-Vylegjanine

Almiria-Vylegjanine Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea but you understand that all things are not working the same way on internet ? If you draw or create a graphic design for example, you don't need to register the copyright, you can still prove you're the one who did it if you keep the sketch, psd etc, also these things doesn't affect google ranking in any way, we are talking about websites articles, do you really think about hiring a lawyer just to claim a 1000 words article stolen to be yours? why doing so when you can simply register it online for FREE and easily claim it's yours later?

8. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    that is not correct; you can register your site with the copyright office, however, it has nothing to do with
    your content; it has more to do with DMCA liability protection, which gives the site owner the opportunity
    to remove copyright content before a lawsuit can be filed, if your site is not listed, then to my understanding,
    then you can be sued regardless if you remove the copyright content or not; This only applies to
    content that is not yours, and has nothing do to with your own content being stolen...

and to this day, it is worthless, no joe blow site is going to sue anyone over content, not when atty's
    charge $200-$300/hr. If you have a high dollar site, then that may be different.

how many stolen content lawsuits have you ever seen?

If hosting providers and google ignore your DMCA request for removal,
    then your DMCA request becomes mute, as we know a suit will never be filed,
    and if so; a victory in court does not mean you will collect, unless settled,
    lawsuits can tied up for a long time becoming more costly, so very unlikely...

dscurlock, Jul 29, 2017 IP