1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I would really appreciate a review

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by Peazz, Oct 25, 2014.

Hi all,

I have a tech blog which I regularly update, I have been suffering with a really low CTR of just 0.9% and wondered if you guys would take a look at my layout for me please?

I have just put a redesign up that I have done myself, Im hoping with this layout I should see improvements.

http://www.performancepsu.com/

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
    Peazz, Oct 25, 2014 IP
  2. theonkar10

theonkar10 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Peazz,

I suppose you are using wordpress platform for your blog. Please use heatmap plugin and track your visitors activity and place/modify adsense ads accordingly. This the best way in my opinion to improve your CTR

theonkar10, Oct 25, 2014 IP
  3. Peazz

Peazz Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Yeah im using WordPress Theo, I will give that a try, I never actually thought of doing that!

- Andy

Peazz, Oct 25, 2014 IP
  4. Peazz

Peazz Member

Best Answers:
    Do you recommend any Heatmap plugin in paticular, seems there is alot of junk out there

Peazz, Oct 25, 2014 IP
  5. theonkar10

theonkar10 Active Member

Best Answers:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/hotspots/ or https://wordpress.org/plugins/heatmap-for-wp/ will be useful.

Thanks,
    Onkar

theonkar10, Oct 25, 2014 IP
  6. thewahm

thewahm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried testing any ad placements other than the current? I see you have images enabled too, I personally get more clicks without the images and only text links.

thewahm, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  7. itworked

itworked Member

Best Answers:
    Peazz, a few comments:
    • The 336x280 ad at the top of the article on the left is good. I get slightly better results right justifying instead of left
    • The big ad below the post is good
    • The ad in the header of the website next to the logo is probably wasted. I would instead put an ad mid-article and right justified. If you don't want it inside the article text, you can put it in the sidebar but push it down to be mid-article in placement. Inside the text is better though.

itworked, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I think I know the answer. Your bounce rate, according to Alexa, is 80%. That's REALLY high. When your bounce rate is high your AdSense CTR will obviously be low. Instead of playing with AdSense ads format, try a different index page design. There's always room for growth and improvement. Somehow, you need to make the design more appealing. Keep in mind you have only about 3 seconds to convince a visitors that your site is great. If you fail at that, everything else doesn't matter.

Alexa stats: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/performancepsu.com

qwikad.com, Nov 12, 2014 IP
  9. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldnt put adsense on that site at all. But if you *must*, better to put a banner on the top above the menu, and clear out all the others.
    Is your traffic mainly from search engines? I am just thinking you might be promoting it in the wrong spots, and getting irrelevant traffic.

matt_62, Nov 12, 2014 IP