1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I would like to know your opinion on today's social media: facebook

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by goldgis, Feb 7, 2018.

Hey,
    I'm writing a thesis about social media. I would like to ask you for an answer to the question:
    1. What do you miss on Facebook?
    2. What functionality would you add to Facebook or what functionalities are unnecessary?
    3. Do you think that there are not too many information on current social networks, do not you feel overwhelmed?
    The perception of portals by users is one of the work sections so I will be grateful for the answers.
    Thank you.

goldgis, Feb 7, 2018 IP
  2. Discover Passive Income

Discover Passive Income Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think Facebook should have a paid subscription for those who do not want to see ads.

I think there are way to many features for the normal person. These features will never get used.

I personally do mis the time when there were no ads, but I don't mind them all that much (because I run FB ads)

I believe some people use FB/social media as a personal blog/journal, so I'm fine with all the info you can keep on it.

3. Komputerking

Komputerking Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1. I also miss when their wasn't such an influx of ads.
    2. I think the autoplay video feature is bad. I hate scrolling and a video starts
    3. I think facebook should better target local demographics like i hate seeing prankster type channels on my feed and then having to dig for like a local source for food and stuff like that. I think the information you actually want doesnt get targeted to you except for ads

Komputerking, May 16, 2018 IP
  4. Andrea Louise

Andrea Louise Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I used to spend just $10 on boosts to get some results. Now it has become more expensive. Last I spent was $20 only to get 3 positive results.

Andrea Louise, Jun 1, 2018 IP
  5. xenon121

xenon121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. What do you miss on Facebook?
    My opinion: Old version of Facebook. That was quite good and not so messy like now. Today's news-feed is full with trash.

2. What functionality would you add to Facebook or what functionalities are unnecessary?
    My opinion: I would love to see Dislike button on FB. A lot of emotions under like button not look good. They should be sepaere rate.

3. Do you think that there are not too many information on current social networks, do not you feel overwhelmed?
    My opinion: I think there is too many information on social networks. People do not have privacy now. Social affairs and bonding between families are now only limited in Smartphones and Laptops. No real bonding is growing like old days.

xenon121, Jun 5, 2018 IP
  6. Andrew141

Andrew141 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I miss when Facebook was actually a good way to get traffic to your blog.

Andrew141, Jun 17, 2018 IP
  7. Brad Batborf

Brad Batborf Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My opinion on Facebook is from a client advertising solution, not base user experience, regarding metrics that caused us to abandon the use of Facebook & Twitter for 2018.
    While Facebook is a user centric platform, it also needs to support itself and make money for it's investors, via advertising. Successful advertising happens through disruption, and in the case of either platform, people just aren't there to make purchasing decisions. The average return (for our clients) for B2B & B2C advertising on Facebook last year was .18%, whereas Twitter experienced .000001%.
    Let's put that information into answering your question. From a functionality standpoint, Facebook needs to re-create it's user experience, in a manner by which users can funnel themselves into more specific demographics, and create a disruption pattern which allows advertisers to pay a similar CPC, while capturing more specific engagement results.
    From a user perspective, there needs to be tighter restrictions on content, in an effort to curb negativity and argument. Until processes are in place to keep the negativity from becoming toxic, it won't matter which functions and features you offer, because the behaviors of it's users will destroy the platform.

Brad Batborf, Jun 17, 2018 IP
  8. Walleey

Walleey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't miss anything on Facebook as it has too many bug and annoying pop-up notifications. There are much better messengers now which are more safe and have a better functionality.

Walleey, Jul 26, 2018 IP
  9. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. It is better but too messed with many functions, the older version of Facebook was much better
    2. A dislike button and more reactions
    3. Nowadays, Social Media plays a very important role to gather information about anything instead of news channels and it is the best thing about social media.

Sumit_Singh, Jul 27, 2018 IP
  10. Joy Ana

Joy Ana Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, Facebook is good for many things, finding old friends, advertising stuff. But what I don'tlike about it is the lack of privacy, even with all the privacy settings. Plus all the ads.

Joy Ana, Jul 30, 2018 IP
  11. Lester Reeves

Lester Reeves Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It seems to me that FB is becoming less popular with users every day. Many of my friends stopped using it. Annoying there is advertising and bad privacy.

Lester Reeves, Aug 7, 2018 IP