1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Will Answer All Your SEO Questions -- Bring It On!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by GoDonorJulian, Feb 28, 2010.

If you have a quick SEO question you need an answer to, drop a reply to this thread and I'll answer it to the best of my knowledge.

I will be checking back into this thread very often so keep the questions coming.

Remember, you can't learn anything if you don't ask questions. :D

GoDonorJulian, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  2. Jericho33

Jericho33 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got a question for you. How come Yahoo is so random with how they rank me in their SERPs. For instance I had 2 links to a page and was nowhere to be found on Google but somehow I'm on page 1 of yahoo. The flipside is I have several links for other pages and am nowhere to be found on Yahoo but on the first and second pages of Google.

Any idea what the heck that's about?

Jericho33, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  3. GoDonorJulian

GoDonorJulian Peon

Best Answers:
    I know exactly what you mean. Yahoo and Google have different algorithms for ranking sites. Google's is way more complex, while Yahoo has somewhat abandoned their search engine (which used to be their main feature).

Something about your site hit on Yahoo's triggers for a good ranking, while it didn't for Google. Give it some time, because Google is sometimes a little slow with adding your site to the SERPS for new keywords.

4. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Having SEO questions answered is what the entire forum is for. So, people could just post their questions on the forum, and get them answered by everyone. Couldn't they.

magda, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  5. elie-palima

elie-palima Peon

Best Answers:
    hi I got a question and it's located here: forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1714592

anyways, no one seems to noticed it til now so maybe you got an answer for me. :)

elie-palima, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  6. GoDonorJulian

GoDonorJulian Peon

Best Answers:
    This is for more of quick questions. Btw, I'm just trying to help, no need to come in here acting sour.

Linking to one does not mean your getting a backlink to the other. Google does notice that its a 301 redirect and will give you credit (over time) for links from one domain to the other, but last time I checked they wont be backlinks that you can physically see on a backlink checker.

If your going to do linking campaigns, make sure to do it to the domain that you actually use (without hyphen), but some of the links to the site with the hyphen will flow over to your new site.

7. elie-palima

elie-palima Peon

Best Answers:
    the one I use is the one with the hypen "elie-palima.com"

btw, thanks for the help. wow you must be an SEO guru ((o)_(o))

elie-palima, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  8. bebe123

bebe123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    bebe123, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  9. GoDonorJulian

GoDonorJulian Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats definitely weird.

You have 1,370 indexed pages, most of which are the inner pages, so google is indexing the inner pages, but its finding the homepage first.

Your using Wordpress, add the plugin google sitemap creator and have it update the sitemap for the inner pages. You can also try Digging / Pinging your posts once you create them (There are plugins that do that automatically for you). Also have the text appear at the top of the page instead of the middle/bottum after the pictures.

Also, are you using All in One SEO or Platinum SEO? If not, you should.

Hopefully one of the things I said will fix the problem. Good luck :)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  10. bebe123

Best Answers:
    Yes i use wp, and o use the "Google XML Sitemaps" . Also i have setup an google webmaster tools and the sitemap is submited there .If i digg all my articles daily, my site will be banned from digg and i dont want it.

I have activated the all in one seo plugin but all the time i forget to add the title and bla bla bla...

But until 25 January all works fine...

What you mean with "Also have the text appear at the top of the page instead of the middle/bottum after the pictures. " i dont understand ..

bebe123, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  11. GoDonorJulian

GoDonorJulian Peon

Best Answers:
    I checked the two newest posts, and they start with like 3-4 pictures, then a small description, then a bunch more pictures. Maybe try putting the small description at the beginning of the post, then have all the pictures follow.

OH! I think I may have figured it out while writing that.

You dont have a meta description do you? That means when google crawls your site, the description is the newest post title + some of its writing. If you add a meta description for your site, then google wont show the newest post in your description on google and your homepage wont rank for the title of your post.

Im pretty sure that could be the problem.

12. heidrek

heidrek Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a question for you - how important is the diverstiy of incoming links?

all other things being equal, are you getter to have 10 links from the same PR6 site, or 10 links from 10 separate Pr2 or 3 sites. Assume all sites/pages have equal relevance, link text etc.

heidrek, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  13. pwslinks

pwslinks Member

Best Answers:
    What can say you about PR nowadays? Does it help in serp or just a mere decoration?

pwslinks, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  14. bebe123

Best Answers:
    On the all in one seo pack i have added the meta description :
    <!-- All in One SEO Pack 1.6.6 by Michael Torbert of Semper Fi Web Design[212,241] -->
    <meta name="description" content="HomeDIT offer you late......" />
    <meta name="keywords" content="home design, in....." />

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www..com/" />
    <!-- /all in one seo pack -->
    </head>

This is it no?

Or how i can add manually the meta description? To dezactivate the all in one seo pack and add manually all?

bebe123, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  15. GoDonorJulian

GoDonorJulian Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, thats a tough one. I would say that link diversity is extremely important. As for Would I rather have 1 PR 6 link or 10 PR 3 links, it depends on a couple other factors like how relevant the content is to the site its going to be linking to. The more relevant the content on the site linking to you is, the better. Overall, you definitely want to have link diversity.

As for having 10 links from the same site, its overkill , especially if they are all on the same page. If there is a site that has 10 PR 6 pages and you can get links on it, do it, but other than that having multiple links on a site is not THAT much more beneficial.

PR is just for show as far as ranking your site, but it does show how popular a particular site is (Ex. how many sites are linking back to them).

If you have a higher PR than another site, that means absolutely nothing when it comes down to SERP's. A Long time ago PR was king, but they have changed their algorithm so much it doesnt even matter anymore.

Another thing about PR is that every time google crawls a site with your link on it, your PR is moving up. Google only updates it every 2-3 months, but that does nothing but update the number. When google does a PR update its not like they are finally counting all the links you have accumulated, that is happening constantly.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  16. GoDonorJulian

GoDonorJulian Peon

Best Answers:
    That seems fine. Im almost 100% sure its a setting you have on your backend that you changed.

Check the general settings of the blog and see if it says anything about indexing the homepage.

You can try changing the sitemap to not include the homepage, which will have google index your new inner posts first. Or change the priority of the sitemap to include Posts 1 and homepage at like .7)

17. heidrek

heidrek Peon

Best Answers:
    I would have thought that G would reward you for having most of your incoming links from highly relevant pages?

One other thing - multiple links per page: i know G only counts the first link toa url on any page so having 10 links to the same url on a page is pretty pointless, but what if they all link to different pages of the domain? for example, if I have one link on a page going to the main site, then another later on to the insurance page and another to a refinance or cashout refinancing page do they all get some juice or just the first one on the page?

heidrek, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  18. GoDonorJulian

GoDonorJulian Peon

Best Answers:
    Google rewards you HIGHLY for having your incoming links from relevant pages. Thats one of the most important thing in my book.

Im not 100% sure on this one because I have never actually needed to link to inner pages, but I'm willing to be if the links are different (Ex. inner pages) then yes, you will get link juice for them.

19. bebe123

Best Answers:
    I changed the post priority from "Uses the number of comments of the post to calculate the priority"
    TO
    "All posts will have the same priority which is defined in "Priorities""

aND
    Priorities
    0.7 Hompage
    1.0 Posts (If auto calculation is disabled)
    1.0 Minimum post priority (Even if auto calculation is enabled)

Also i have checked for some index problem on setting area but i dont saw nothing strange..

Any advices ?:(

bebe123, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  20. 1associate

1associate Peon

Best Answers:
    How can I get high SER on Bing?

1associate, Feb 28, 2010 IP