1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I WAS thinking about buying this software...but..confused

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by onlysurvivor, Oct 29, 2006.

I have been following the forums for several weeks now, I have placed calls to the "This Mailbox is Full" Message, I have sent e-mails to sales and support both asking for contact information. Now, I feel this company is no longer a viable solution since it seems not to support the product or users. My post is not meant to change this, my post is a question to ALL the other users who would like to respond to me and give me their experiences. I am also looking for recommendations on a solution for an OSS for my business. I operate and ISP/WISP/DSL provider/hot spot provider. That is to say, I have dial-up users, a fixed wireless network, a DSL (hardware based) provider, and operate several high usage hot spots, I have about 5000 monthly fixed wireless users, 3000 dial-up users, 3000 DSL subs, and 5000 daily hot spot users. Currently I use several systems to operate my network and I want to replces ALL the systems and use a single solution. I thought Optigold was that solution. After reading this forum, I have changed my mind. Can anyone recommend a similar solution? I have reviewed all the "competion" listed on this site and several others listed on THe ISP - billing sites. I am seriously thinking about deploying RODOPI, since I am looking for a provider with a great deal of support, good community, and a very flexible software. Any suggestions?:confused:

onlysurvivor, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  2. glidewave

glidewave Guest

Best Answers:
    We were in the same boat.... I wouldn't recommend Opti for a replacement solution.... We looked at Rodopi, which is a fantastic product, especially with what you provide, but we are in process with (Tucows) Platypus and Wombat.... and they have been top notch...phone calls, email etc.. all good...

glidewave, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  3. khurram007

khurram007 Banned

Best Answers:
    Rodopi is fantastic and we are using it in our company (ISP) since May 2006. We were running 8 individual systems but need to unify them into a comprehensive one. Although it took time to integrate with Rodopi (I belongs to the Billing and Development Dept.)but the end result is very good. Everyone from the CEO to the data entry operator is quite happy with the ease of use and performance. Best of all, you will get a fantastic email, phone and most of all IM support. They are on my msn messenger most of the time.

HTH,

Khurram.

khurram007, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  4. RFwireless

RFwireless Peon

Best Answers:
    Me too... It is no longer a viable solution:

Shawn answers the phone today, as both a "Sales Manager" but also answers the "Support line" so you be the judge. He claims on the website to be trying to "help the little guy" but seems uninterested & evasive. Oh, how humble a mission statement. I guess he is bored with business. His precanned responses to reality:

F1 key = "I don't know"
    F2 key = "You'll have to email..."
    F3 key = "I don't know how you get a key"

I have been trying to get a key for 3 weeks & after speaking to him twice, he has lost any potential referrals from me. He simply will not provide the key to open demo version of OptiGold & acted as if that was someone else's job!

If he thinks for a minute that I will recommend a $1000 program to my peers, think again!

RF Wireless
    Union Level VA

RFwireless, May 9, 2007 IP
  5. TimeGain

TimeGain Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this how Optigold makes you feel?

Customer support
    What a thought!
    Nah, it’s too much work
    That I’d rather shirk
    Why do people need to ask
    How to do a simple task?
    Why do they want my time
    Or me constantly online?
    Returning your call
    Doesn’t me enthrall
    If I knew you would buy
    Then maybe I would try
    But I don’t
    So I won’t.
    If you need help
    You’ll have to yelp
    And perhaps if I’m near
    I might hear
    But then again
    It’s that old refrain.
    It may sound funny
    But I’m just about money
    I don’t care
    If I’m never there.
    I want to surf, I want to play
    That’s how I want to spend my day
    And if help is what you need
    Pay me extra for that deed.

if this resonates and you need a powerful, easy to use recurring billing solution (that is in it's 11th year of development), where there is ALWAYS somebody you can reach for technical support, check out Optigold's competition, "http://www.timegainbilling.com" or give Michael Rochard a call at 866-529-2864.

TimeGain, Jun 23, 2007 IP
    Mia likes this.
  6. drpepper

drpepper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i suggest rodopi, we never eencountered any problems using it eversince. i know someone who's using optigold, at first it was fine, then problems keeps coming and now they also bought rodopi...

drpepper, Jun 24, 2007 IP
  7. j2sw

j2sw Peon

Best Answers:
    Try Powernoc

j2sw, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    URL?

Mia, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  9. TeleSouthNet

TeleSouthNet Peon

Best Answers:
    Note to TimeGain,

Thats pretty classless, using someone elses forum to poach clients AND then post insults. I wouldn't use your product even if it were the onlyly one on the market and you PAID US.

TeleSouthNet, Jul 16, 2007 IP
    Mia likes this.