1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I was hacked need legal advice

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by wibblet, Apr 26, 2009.

Well some script kiddie got ahold of my cpanel information via bruteforce method so it wasn't phishing or anything (i'm not that stupid :rolleyes: ) he logged in and deleted everything and uploaded his own little "This noob got hacked by xxx" right away I contacted my host provider (hostgator) and they changed my password and started working on the investigation. I am very good at finding people on the internet and found everything about this hacker.

The problem is that he lives in australia while I'm out here in the US, but I already looked into it and australia is more harsh on hackers than any country in the world which is good for me :D. The thing is though is that this "hacker" is a kid only 16 years old is he still liable for the offense which is very serious according to australia law. I know in america if you're a minor depending on how much damage you do is how harsh the law is on you, but if I were to get him in the US he would just get a slap on the wrist.

The question I am seeking to get answered is how exactly do I prove that he did it, is it just IP address? Also he owns a forum which is nulled (vbulletin) but I already reported that and also he posted on his forum the link to my site and him showing off how he defaced it clearly enough proof. He is the admin of the forum. Any advice please and thank you

wibblet, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  2. jackio

jackio Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm thinking of brute forcing and proxy auto changing because latest cpanel will lock IP when 4 or 5 failed authentications.
    Possibly he didn't use his real IP address so will be kind of difficult to gain something against him. Even if you trace his IP, it can get you false results. You can report to the hosting provider where is forum is located due to illicit activities.
    Conclusion, it would be very difficult to report what happened to you, but who knows, maybe he slipped somewhere on the way...

jackio, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  3. wibblet

wibblet Banned

Best Answers:
    I already have his name, last name, his school, myspace, facebook, msn username, and both emails. he isn't a professional "hacker" just some kid that learned some new tricks so he did slip but we'll see how it goes, he also got ahold of my godaddy account and took one of my domains but I already got it back.

wibblet, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  4. jackio

jackio Banned

Best Answers:
    You can contact your country authorities, fill a complain. I doubt it goes anywhere because of the value of it. If it was a crime that involved millions... That's sad, but I already know some similar cases, so.
    Hope you get him :)

jackio, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  5. rbagaming

rbagaming Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check the whois records of that guy's forum, maybe you can get any contact info there and send a letter through your lawyer to his address or contact him through the phone no.

rbagaming, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  6. wibblet

wibblet Banned

Best Answers:
    nah he's not stupid it's full of fake info, I don't want him to go to jail just want to own him and teach him a lesson since he's only 16 years old, I already called his local police station and they said they're not going to take the crime lightly and are already investigating with the evidence I provided. I also contacted vbulletin and reported his website so it will get shutdown soon :cool:

wibblet, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  7. Wizzle

Wizzle Banned

Best Answers:
    I know a few Australian Hackers from the site Blaqbay, I think I may know the guy you are talking about, He has a site and is using a Nulled VB and he also is 16 and from Australia. I had some problems with him on a forum and me and a mate done a bit of social engineering and managed to get his address. Just a shot out of the dark is his username KickBack ?

Wizzle, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  8. wibblet

wibblet Banned

Best Answers:
    I doubt it this is his website

fusionpassez.com

his username is steve030

if anyone has any info that can be handy to me that would be great I would even tip.

wibblet, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  9. Wizzle

Wizzle Banned

Best Answers:
    He was a member at Blaqbay, Never knew he was from Australia, I always assumed America due to his "Gangsta holding a Gun" Avatar. He hangs out on TES (the-everythingsite.com) and MS (madspot.org). I do believe he use to to Phish Accounts, FussionPassez was created by him or a guy called Baja. Maybe you could join up at a few of those sites under a Proxy and watch his posts. Should set up a site with a IP Logging PHP Script and get his IP and see if it matches the IP you have, Most of this 'Hacking' Sites have a 'Owned' or a 'Defacement' Section see if he posts your site, You can hold that shit against him. How did you find out he was Australian and you got his Address etc etc, Obviously his a Skiddy due to his Google Dorks and he stated his username on your hacked account.

Wizzle, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  10. wibblet

wibblet Banned

Best Answers:
    I searched his email on google and decided to see if he was stupid enough to sign up on myspace or facebook with the emails I acquired and he was so from there I gathered all of the information. All I have to do now is wait for hostgator to bring the cpanel ip log and file a police report. thanks for the help wizzle

wibblet, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  11. NuLLByTe

NuLLByTe Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can also report to the police that his forum is providing Warez.

NuLLByTe, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  12. Matagascar

Matagascar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't want to do anything to serious, you could always right up a letter and send it to his home, addressed to his parents explaining that their child is involved in malicious activity and make sure to mention loss of important information, costs to rebuild the website and mention the word police. The kid would most likely get in trouble off their parents and perhaps get banned from the computer? You would own him the old school way. I live in Australia and could help you out with this :) Where abouts in Australia is he?

Matagascar, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  13. wibblet

wibblet Banned

Best Answers:
    already reported it to vbulletin for having a nulled forum and to his host which is located in the US so warez is illegal

wibblet, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  14. Wz Network

Wz Network Peon

Best Answers:
    An IP Address is not proof. Make sure you take screen shots of everything in question.

Wz Network, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  15. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello....SCREEN SHOTS of the proof and the bragging before he deletes it, would be the first step, and then report him to the Australian authorities with confirmation from your host. That should be good enough. You might also want to file a report with the FBI since you are a citizen and the crime was committed against you and is a federal offense...who knows, this kid may hack something sensitive one day..they should have him on file and where he is.

Who cares how old he is ? He's old enough to commit a crime, he is old enough to take the consequences like a man. 16 is old enough in many places to be tried as an adult....don't take it light on him because of his age....he is not 8. He is a criminal. Jail has been known to teach many lessons....kids who continue to skate without any real consequences just laugh it off with their friends and never learn anything.

You have an opportunity to show this kid what happens when you screw with people, you should take it...think of it as possibly saving his life, since everyone is not as forgiving when you mess with their income, and personal property.

Get your evidence together and sent it.

hmansfield, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  16. desire09

desire09 Guest

Best Answers:
    desire09, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  17. wibblet

wibblet Banned

Best Answers:
    *Update*

I shutdown his forum but I didn't have sufficient evidence to put him in jail boo. Apparently in Australia in order to get a search warrent you have to have rock solid evidence proving that the person committed the crime. Anyway I talked to the noob and made him ride the good ol guilt train. He apologized and gave me everything back. So to all of you skiddies don't be malicious and use a cgi proxy!

wibblet, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  18. ShiftChip

ShiftChip Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you handled the situation to lightly

ShiftChip, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  19. Deepee

Deepee Peon

Best Answers:
    I read this thread with great interest. This same guy sold counterfeit Windows 7 keys on ebay in February (and yes, I bought one :mad:). Can I get his contact details, last name please? Or any details about him? I live in Australia and know a little about the legal system here, so perhaps I can sweat him a little.

Deepee, May 15, 2010 IP
  20. RiArose

RiArose Peon

Best Answers:
    The way you found him, is the way cybercrime cell will see it through. Show them that way, that is your proof to locate the culprit. Produce that tracing method in court, if you wish to take this into court. Laws may differ in each country, degree of punishment naturally will differ. But this fact stands true that majority of cyber criminals are under the age of 18 yrs, you have to see which country sees it in how much higher degree of offense. Here, for a minor, punishment is not the ultimate ending: show the hacker that he is foolish, that will be a tight slap on his face. Tell him by finding him out, that, he is still a kid and needs to learn more. Discourage him by this procedure. He'll be shocked to find out that he's not so smart, and he'll feel ashamed to have been found out and exposed.

*** no punishment in any court of law in this world has ever guaranteed that the criminal won't do it again. punishments often don't reform criminals. so find another way to discourage him.

RiArose, May 22, 2010 IP