1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Was A Noodle Seller... What's Your Story?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by eye-2i.com, Aug 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I Was A Noodle Seller... What's Your Story?

How I started EJRS.COM
    When I started out I sold noodles and kids toys for a living. I also did body art. But with the Asian Economic Crisis and the SARS outbreak that hit most of Asia, things were rather grim. While Malaysia was spared from the onslaught of the SARS epidemic, tourism plummeted and things got really bad. I loved the body art part coz it gave me an outlet to be creative. Everything else was just failing around me. I did all this for 6 months or so.

I struggled everyday as I was not getting anywhere. I was using freesites like geocities to make my own site and hated it coz of the ads. And it was all cut and paste with no html. So someone gave me a 4 day crashcourse in html and that's all I ever had. I saved evry bit of money I got from the noodle sales and toys.

Paretto's 80/20 Principle: An investment of 20% of time, finances, life, etc will produce 80% of the results.

So I took part of my savings and started investing into starting EJRS and within 6 months of starting ejrs.com I became partner to 7 European/International software companies. What was my advertising plan? I spent a total of US$500 (altogether in 2 years) to promote myself (1000 Full color glossy business cards and full color letter heads and brochures). I gave them all out and got webmasters to link to my site totally free. Today I get 15,000 visits per day at each of my 2 major sites. Small investment, big payoff.

That's my story. What's yours? Would love to hear from you.

http://ejrs.info/noodle_seller.html

eye-2i.com, Aug 23, 2004 IP
  2. North Carolina SEO

North Carolina SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very interesting story! Read through these threads and there are a number of stories that tell the tale of many of us.

Welcome to the DP forum. :)

North Carolina SEO, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  3. eye-2i.com

eye-2i.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the welcome.

Blessings and best wishes to you.

Much Success in all that you do.

eye-2i.com, Aug 24, 2004 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.