1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to save more money

Discussion in 'General Business' started by dvn.com.vn, Jan 29, 2015.

I want to save more money! Help me!

dvn.com.vn, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    As Dave Ramsey says: Live on rice and beans, don't spend on movies, eating out, drinks, entertainment. Live like no one else, so that you could live like no one else in the future (enjoying your wealth).

qwikad.com, Jan 29, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. Wagner LLC

Wagner LLC Member

Best Answers:
    I'm in the saving thing as well , I live in Thailand and in a country like thailand , especially Bangkok..saving is almost impossible for a man..if you know what i mean..But i'm trying hard and i've 2 bank accounts , 1 for regular spending and 1 for saving..i have never touched the 2nd bank account for about a year no matter what..but the money keeps going on...it's just an idea for saving .

Wagner LLC, Jan 29, 2015 IP
    kishore415 likes this.
  4. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    What walmart prices. Everyone thinks they are cheaper but they often are not. Especially for grocery shopping.

DinoJRG, Jan 30, 2015 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    One piece of advice from financial advisors that I think is very effective is to "pay yourself first" when dividing up money from your paycheck. What they mean is take a set amount from your paycheck consistently every time and put it into your savings and then forget about it. Live off of what remains. @qwikad.com lists above some easy ways to cut down on expenses with the remainder of your income.

jrbiz, Jan 30, 2015 IP
  6. Karl Karrlander

Karl Karrlander Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So you want to save money in general? There are a ton of viable options, but I'm only going to be naming a few:

If you have a job then...

Divide your salary up into different sections:

1. First you have the money that goes to monthly expenses such as food, electricity, rent, mortgage, Internet, insurance etc.
    2. Then you have the estimated amount of money you think you'll spend on entertainment, snacks, fun and more.
    3. At last comes the part of the pay where you have leftover money. This is your monthly savings.

The trick is to pay the expenses that are necessary of course, but then minimize #2 so that you can save more. I for example spend roughly $150 on #2 and that's why I can save around $600 each month.

Now if you're very tight on your budget which allows you to only pay the expenses and barely be able to live (I'm absolutely not implying that this is the case, just a precautionary thought) then this method comes increasingly difficult. If this is the case, for anyone in general, then you should...

- Look into finding an extra job: A great way of using this extra job's pay to put in the savings account.
    - Apply for welfare: Where I live (Sweden) it's possible to apply for welfare or social help if you're tight on money, though I cannot speak for other countries.
    - Start an online business: This is always a viable option and in most cases it's a rather at a minimal cost (hosting fees, email auto responders, etc.) but can have some great returns if you do it right. See this for more info.
    - Sell some of your old stuff: There is always some junk lying around that can be of use to someone else. Try selling some old things or stuff you are not using anymore. You can sell them to retailers, in your local neighborhood or on Ebay.

I can't think of anymore ideas right now, but even if you have a job and it allows you to save some money every month, you can still do any of these steps that I mentioned above. And again, I'm not implying anything, I'm just giving you some options depending on what you want to do.

The most important thing to remember when it comes to money, through my own experience:

"Always save some, no matter what, you'll need it later"

Best of luck,

Karl

Karl Karrlander, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  7. MichaelaAsylum

MichaelaAsylum Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't think about how to save money, think in a prosperity mindset and seek more income. There are tons of ways to increase your income online, with time and consistent effort your income will rise. Look into mining bitcoins, dogecoins, etc with your PC, there are income opportunities in that area as well.

MichaelaAsylum, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  8. Katherine Huether

Katherine Huether Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am a big follower of Dave Ramsey but I find his all-at-once extremism to be difficult to implement. Instead, I take his principals and implement them at my own pace.

In addition, I just downloaded a bunch of apps that are helping me learn and stay motivated. There are even some saving and investing oriented apps that have been helping me.

However, my biggest success tip for saving is that I keep a list every day of what I spent and what I earned. Like a dieter who tracks her food intact, being forced to confront what I spend money on helps keep my spending to a minimum.

Good luck! You can do it. :)

Katherine Huether, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  9. Necomanis

Necomanis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just consider what you ABSOLUTELY need, and what you can do without.

Necomanis, Feb 1, 2015 IP
  10. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I travel weekly for my job. I always stop at Walmart to pick up food for the hotel room. Since all the food I purchase is reimbursed by the company I work for that extra "savings" is the least on my mind. I can tell you from first hand experience that grocery shopping at Walmart is a great way to.....spend more money!!

NetStar, Feb 1, 2015 IP
  11. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Saving is easy. In short...all it takes is a goal & a plan, consistency, and time. Now realistically everything should be done in moderation. You need balance to live comfortably. You don't need to eat Beans and Rice to save money. In fact, I bet if you do that you will eventually crash and then start binge eating on expensive fast food. Balance will take you a longer way.

Personally... I keep a spreadsheet listing ALL of my fixed bills (ie bills that never change) and variable expenses (allotted money for personal spending, hair cuts, accessories, food, etc). On the same spreadsheet I keep track of my Gross and Net income. I break down my total bills by week/month/year. I break down my income by week/month/year. I budget around these numbers and make sure I always spend with in my allotted means. Now I'm able to see how much money I will save per week/month/year. I also know when to treat myself... I will go out to dinner once a week. I will do something fancy once a month. Every year I will buy something "ridiculous" but I will always make sure I meet my financial goals.

If you don't have a job that allows you the opportunity to save then you are spending more money than you are making. So either you need to 1. spend less or 2. get a job that pays more.... OR........ 3. do both.

It's really a simple formula to save and make more money. It just takes planning and consistency which are the more difficult traits to posses. Sometimes you also have to take risks. Meaning, putting yourself out there. Stepping out of your comfort zone to seek a new career. Or seeking that promotion. Or flat out asking for a raise due to your performance. If you don't take risks you most likely will never better your living condition. I've learned that the hard way and sometimes still am!

NetStar, Feb 1, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  12. Amitmondal

Amitmondal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can open a bank account for saving or deposit your money. You should conscious to spend money and earn more income so that you save money after your fundamental expenses.

Amitmondal, Feb 9, 2015 IP
  13. reynescabruner

reynescabruner Member

Best Answers:
    What you mean? You want to save money while wanting to hire someone for outsource services? You can check this out! Remote Development Assistance
    You will surely save a lot of bucks while earning from your business!

reynescabruner, Feb 9, 2015 IP
  14. nathan neeley

nathan neeley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dave Ramsey also said to never use card to build credit...its not about saving money its about making money! don't budget what you spend, but account what you spend. from there you know how hard you have to work the next week to MAKE MONEY. the more money you spend and record, the more motivated, and more money you will make - if you allow yourself to have an open mind and hard working hands. that's my secret

nathan neeley, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  15. Vanessa Connelley

Vanessa Connelley Member

Best Answers:
    I'll keep it simple.

Learn where you are spending money. (It can be really surprising where your money goes when you look back at it.)

Start with one thing at a time. Ex. spending $400/month at grocery store, practice getting to $300 a month by planning. Or if you drive to work, consider biking one day a week. Or don't buy any beverages like coffee, liquor, juice while out to eat, get water instead. These little things add up!

Once you get one thing, move on to the next.

Hope that helps! :)

Vanessa Connelley, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  16. Vanessa Connelley

Vanessa Connelley Member

Best Answers:
    Also, I forgot to add, check out MrMoneyMustache.com he is an entertaining finance blogger

Vanessa Connelley, Mar 3, 2015 IP