1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to run USA local print media Advertising Business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by promita rawat, Aug 30, 2017.

Hello Digitalpointer,
    Recently, I had an discussion with my friend working in USA as print media expert. He advised me to run print media adverting campaign for USA & non-USA people. As, he will help me on that. I got motivated from him and something in my mind to run a system like this.

I simply want a discussion on that basics. If you please take part on this, it will be my pleasure.

Thank You,

promita rawat, Aug 30, 2017 IP
  2. AshtonAsh

AshtonAsh Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I couldn't really get, how are you going to work. As I understood, you are not living in the US and you want to start a print media business?
    So you are going to design some printed advertisement as an outsource? Or are you going to also print it for your clients?

Can you please specify, because for now, your question sounds really vague.

AshtonAsh, Aug 31, 2017 IP
  3. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with above. You are being vague. Will you only do the print design or will you do the printing as well?

MrKing01, Sep 1, 2017 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The people currently in the print media business are getting out as quickly as they can.
    I'm impressed that you can see potential where they can't.
    You will need to be in America to make all the sales calls - or can your friend handle that end of the business?

sarahk, Sep 1, 2017 IP
  5. Latic

Latic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like the person wants you to function as a marketing person for him and he'll pay you for leads.

As with any marketing you'll want to build a list of people in your target market, and then market to them, either directly (email or snail mail) or using Facebook, Reddit, Google, Bing ads etc.

One thing that is coming back quite a bit is old fashion postal advertising. If I was going to buy take a print media advertising piece seriously they better send me something very eye catching through the post (If they can catch my eye they can catch my customers eye).

Latic, Sep 4, 2017 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    My read of your post is that you want to manage print media campaigns in hardcopy publications for clients that run advertising campaigns. Is that correct?

I currently spend a fair amount of budget on media campaigns in a high tech niche and some of it involves print journals/magazines. However, they also always include online advertising as part of the campaign. So, my first piece of advice is to not just focus on print media campaigns and include online media components, as well. Lately, by the way, the print publication ads are less expensive than the accompanying enewsletter or web banner ads which is a big switch from 5 years ago.

jrbiz, Sep 6, 2017 IP
  7. promita rawat

promita rawat Member

Best Answers:
    ads will run on local news papers. as you see in your local news paper.

promita rawat, Sep 7, 2017 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The business model in my country for those kinds of services is that the customer pays, at the most, the walk-in price for the thing they're buying. The broker (you) gets a discounted rate for volume. You income, therefore, is the difference between what you pay and what your customer pays you.

Based on your post in another thread you are planning on charging a higher price than if the user went direct. How do you plan to handle that problem?

sarahk, Sep 7, 2017 IP
  9. promita rawat

promita rawat Member

Best Answers:

i will have discounts at higher rates.

promita rawat, Sep 7, 2017 IP