1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to rank my website for keyword "paste"

Discussion in 'SEO' started by jovica888, Jul 15, 2015.

Recintly I made website like pastebin. I want to rank my website for keyword "paste" and want to know is this even possible? Competiotion is very strong and the word is to simple... But

My domain is - paste7.com

I think I will get some good backlinks in the future... I made meta tags almost 100% matching with my content... What should I do more?

jovica888, Jul 15, 2015 IP
  2. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am not going to do the research for you, and being a simple name means nothing.
    Do more research on "paste" to see if it is even worth trying or not....It is not easy these
    days to get legit backlinks unless you really have something of value; however if you want
    to get better rankings then do your research on using long tail keywords. no matter how simple
    a keyword may appear, you may never rank good in your lifetime for the term "paste" So no matter
    how hard or even how long you work at it; you may never actually rank, but you need to do
    your own research and see if it is even worth trying to get the keyword to rank.

It seems that your site is about publishing text, so I am not really sure, but I think you are going to be disappointed if you continue to pursue "paste"

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    dscurlock, Jul 15, 2015 IP
  3. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ranking for a competitive keyword like "paste" will be tough and I think not the right keyword to target. I would suggest to make it keyword phrase that will recognize your brand like "best paste" or "best paste new york" adding your targeted location will also help.

KylieSweet, Jul 15, 2015 IP
  4. Charlie Centa

Charlie Centa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Like the others are saying, while you could battle for the keyword, 'paste', it's extremely unlikely that you'll be successful. One word keywords will usually break you before you get anywhere near the first page of search engines. Instead, try picking a combination of 3 or 4 long tail keywords.

I just found a few on Google's keyword planner but you could find much better ones if you dedicate a bit of time to it:

paste bin
    cut and paste
    paste it
    pasted

By using longer keywords with the word 'paste' in them, you're not only going to rank for those keyword phrases but you'll be ranking for 'paste' as well.

Kill two birdies with one stone! Good luck!

Charlie Centa, Jul 15, 2015 IP
  5. jovica888

jovica888 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys for all advices :) I will try combinations like "paste text", "share text", "paste online"....

jovica888, Jul 15, 2015 IP
  6. DennisStam

DennisStam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As the others are saying, its gonna be difficult. I recommend that you use http://ubersuggest.org/ to make you long-tail keywords, its a good tool for that. Afterwards check the number of searches in keyword planner :)

DennisStam, Jul 16, 2015 IP
  7. Tutor Pace

Tutor Pace Member

Best Answers:
    Use keyword research and add long tail keywords, you will soon get benefited with your keywords.

Tutor Pace, Jul 20, 2015 IP