1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to operate an ISP business how?

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by toby, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toby

toby Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Mia, appreciate your heavyweight idea. that's really helpful.
    Thanks.
    toby

toby, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  2. FoxyFLS

FoxyFLS Peon

Best Answers:
    its a pipedream that will never happen, give up on the idea mate.

sorry for being so blunt but i'm being realistic

FoxyFLS, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  3. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    One thing's for sure: Don't use Optigold ISP. ;)

EGS, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  4. pitagora

pitagora Peon

Best Answers:
    Star with a market research in your area. You need to know how many customers you will have and estimate the income in the first year. Then get a consultant firm to evaluate all your investment costs: equipment, bandwidth, staff necessities, marketing costs. You you still think you are going to get your investment back in a reasonable amount of time go for it. I don't know the situation in your country, if their is room for competition or not. In my country there is....at least in some segments of the market. You need to identify your target and see if it is feasible.

pitagora, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  5. P2Host

P2Host Guest

Best Answers:
    well if anyone starts up an ISP In uk let me know if u can beat my 20mb connection for the price of £30 a month including free phone calls.

doubt it tho

P2Host, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  6. Dr Googler

Dr Googler Banned

Best Answers:
    easy, just get a few million $, a few hundred staff and lots of servers, lol. almost inposible for a started business, would take ages to do

Dr Googler, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  7. jatsim

jatsim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wait wait wait .. no one can do this kind of a job alone, YOU WILL NEED STAFF !!!
    Its impossible to start an ISP NOW ! Especially after the market crisis !! the cost of living has just shot up !
    You may need to wait say 10 more years, when becoming an ISP is a joke and reseller packages pop-up everywhere provided by almost every hosting company, you may even have access to Alpha Master Resellers ?? lol :p

jatsim, Nov 19, 2008 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Actually right not is a great time in the ISP market. We and others in the industry are doing better now than we ever have before. More and more people move their advertising budget online, or their store fronts on line.

If anything, you might say this is one of the best places to be in a market shift or credit crisis. We don't pour concrete, we don't build homes, and we are not beholden to unions. Heck, we are not even regulated by the federal government.

I would not discourage anyone from entering the market at a time like this, its probably the best time ever to do it. We had it a lot worse between 2000-2003 during the Clinton recession years and shortly after 9/11 as well.

The need for online commerce is higher than ever and a commodity based industry with low over head in terms of tax and labor makes our industry one of the best to be in in troubled times.

Mia, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  9. jatsim

jatsim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ahem... I was talking about starting an ISP NOW, not if you currently ARE one, this whole thread is talking about STARTING and ISP NOW.

It's good if you already have a base to building on, but if your new the the market, especially just after a crisis like this, it will affect, starting from the manufacturers/distributors(Cisco, Netgrar, etc) to GET your hardware, Software companies may not incur that much of a problem.

But, when building an ISP you will be looking at a lot of Hardware rather than software(Where you will come in contact with Distributors of raw materials, production companies, installation companies, these companies ARE currently affected by the market crisis....).

Your basically jumping into a crocodile pond(a trap), at this time when everyone wants to catchup with their previous standings within the market....

jatsim, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  10. juka

juka Banned

Best Answers:
    To run an isp you will first check what kind of services already available in your area and people demands of service than check your country telecoms regulatory policy for such business.
    After all such analysis you can think about other technical and marketing aspects.

juka, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I don't think it makes a bit of difference. Right now is the best time to buy a car, buy a home, or buy or start a business. Its never been a better time in my life time.

Mia, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  12. vishwa

vishwa Peon

Best Answers:
    operating an ISP is not an easy task, you can become a reseller of any leading ISPs and earn commission on the number of plans you sell.

vishwa, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  13. allReseller

allReseller Guest

Best Answers:
    That isn't the half of it... what about the hardware infrastructure... how are your clients going to get access VIA modems etc. It is a lot more complicated than that and it isn't something I can recommend unless you have a couple million to invest, and start by hiring someone who knows what they are doing.

allReseller, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  14. sekr1

sekr1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Quick Links
    --SELECT ONE--Entrepreneur ForumISP Business

Ivan Sto, Knowledge Level: Novice, Keywords: ISP Business, internet service provider business, business ISP

The ever-continuing expansion of the Internet has led to great business opportunities opening up on a daily basis. One of the best opportunities involves the setting up and running of an isp business. There are many companies that operate Internet Service Provider businesses that are able to make good profits in a relatively short period of time. However, despite the fact that there are many such businesses there are still opportunities for success by new providers.

In order to set up and operate a successful isp business some extensive training is required. Business owners must be familiar with the latest technology and be willing to make the extra effort to keep themselves and their employees up to date on all of the new developments. Computer and Internet technology continues to advance at a rapid pace and shows no signs of slowing down.

A successful isp business also requires top market research. This is the only way to identify the potential customers for the business and to get into a position to survive in this highly competitive industry. People setting up one of these businesses must also make sure they hire top employees in the filed.

Once the customer base for an isp business is identified, an aggressive marketing plan must be set up to attract these customers. This can lead to the business getting a step ahead of the competition and becoming very lucrative. There is no doubt that a successful isp business requires a lot of knowledge and hard work, but the rewards that are possible make all of it worthwhile. ISP Business and the Business of Owning an ISP. Article on ISP Business, internet service provider business, business ISP by Ivan Sto

Tags: [cached]: internet service provider, isp business, rapid pace, aggressive marketing, basis one, daily basis, extensive training, marketing plan, no doubt, internet technology, new developments, latest technology, customer base, business owners, short period, business opportunities, market research, period of time, rewards, profits,

sekr1, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  15. Fabolous

Fabolous Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow sounds like a very hard amrket to get into mate

Fabolous, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  16. Hostix

Hostix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Starting and ISP, Big idea but I like it, Jumping in, I do think you should make a Business plan first, and write t down. Start now so you can get the customers that have bad connected for a cheap price before someone else comes in and gets them. Go to Ebay and buy a few servers or find some to rent, Then after you get some customers buy some bigger faster servers.

Hostix, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  17. GokuDBZ

GokuDBZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Firstly, which country do u live ? if you can tell it, then it i can tell whether it would easy or hard for u to open an ISP Business :d

GokuDBZ, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  18. GUESTID

GUESTID Peon

Best Answers:
    If I were to setup ISP locally, I would try to provide connectivity to users via WiFi.

What I would have done is setup a few WiFi Routers and using boosters extend the range to a few miles.

That would be quite cost effective.

GUESTID, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  19. halotree

halotree Peon

Best Answers:
    Just my thoughts, I find it amusing that you want to start an ISP service, yet you appear to have no grasp of what is required for connecting to the internet, yet alone to run one sucessfully or furthermore the funding that is required.

halotree, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Most people don't. Nothing amusing about that. Some people just like a challenge. I went to school for art, now 11+ years later I own one of the most successful, oldest independent ISP's out there.

Mia, Dec 19, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.