1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to learn PHP

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Mohammad sadaqat, Jun 8, 2013.

I want to learn php online can any one guide me thanks

Mohammad sadaqat, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  2. aidanriley629

aidanriley629 Banned

Best Answers:
    Do you know any other programming languages already? It is similar to most object oriented programming languages. Here's a good place to start, http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_ref_array.asp

aidanriley629, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  3. Roni3381

Roni3381 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    W3school is nice sites for learning PHP

Roni3381, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  4. BotDaddy

BotDaddy Peon

Best Answers:
    get bunch of books if you can - start with object oriented, it will make your life easier even if it doesnt look like that on beginning... and get xamp on localhost so you can test things with mysql etc. :)

BotDaddy, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  5. BradsFX

BradsFX Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nice to hear you want to learn PHP, I would suggest some books, online tutorials and video's etc.

BradsFX, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  6. Steve202

Steve202 Member

Best Answers:
    Don't bother with books. You can find all the material you need online. Easiest way to learn a new language is to have an idea in mind and slowly work towards it, learning as you go along.

Steve202, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  7. BotDaddy

BotDaddy Peon

Best Answers:
    "Easiest way to learn a new language is to have an idea in mind and slowly work towards it,"

Even if I agree with part of this statement I need to write... sorry mate, learning totally depends on personal learning preferences... so there's nothing like "easiest way" for everyone. It really depends if you're a global or more detail oriented learner etc... also if you're a visual, kinestethic or auditory learner.

as for me its very simple - i prefer to spend couple of bucks on books (actually i have membership at safarboooksonline so it comes pretty cheap in a long run) and well... then i spend time searching through index and not gazillions of websites. I can pick a hard subject to start with, an easy subject... i can skip to point which interest me most, then come back and get to know how the hell this worked... also you can learn while not getting your eyes fucked by pc - nothing can beat a book for me :D videos are cool... but they do not beat a set of good books.

I think information should be taken in all possible ways and heavy dosage ; )

Most of all I can have a look at same area from different aspects and each of them is "full" and usually well explained. After I go over few books along with completing all the exercises... I know I understand it - dropping in some flash card system like mnemosyne or anki is cool idea too to speed up learning :D

btw. 'dont bother with books' that was a heresy... Im curious where you would be without books :)

so my advice look for something like "beginning objective php" : ] also make sure its new edition if you decide for this step!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
    BotDaddy, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  8. Steve202

Steve202 Member

Best Answers:
    That maybe your way to learn but it certainly isn't mine. Easiest way for me is to work towards a goal, it might to be same for the OP, it might not. I use a mixture of online tutorials and videos, its just the way I learn and work.

In all honesty, last technical book I bought was around 8 years ago when I was at college and I had to pass my CCNA labs. Since then my learning material comes from the Internet.

Steve202, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  9. BotDaddy

BotDaddy Peon

Best Answers:
    I pass on this... my idea for any1: check out some accelerated learning methods and concepts if you're not familiar with them ;) that's my best advice before starting to learn anything new - at least not counting fast learning techniques themselves.

BotDaddy, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  10. sources68

sources68 Member

Best Answers:
    http://sources68.com/php/ is site contains very example php. you can see

sources68, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  11. aidanriley629

aidanriley629 Banned

Best Answers:
  12. lph

lph Member

Best Answers:
    I will echo that http://www.safaribooksonline.com/ as well as dissecting other PHP scripts. Focus on learning PHP OOP code and not just procedural.

Good luck !

lph, Jun 20, 2013 IP
  13. sorindsd

sorindsd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Read online tutorials and most important start a website from 0 where you can practice what you learned.

sorindsd, Jun 21, 2013 IP