1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to know more about christanity

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by arnold, Oct 15, 2012.

Can anyone here teach me more about Christianity and answer my questions

arnold, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd start by looking for some christian forums and asking them what reading they'd recommend. A lot depends, I guess, on your purpose. Are you

a) looking for a new religion
    b) trying to understand an alternate point of view
    c) trying to get intellectual ammunition that supports your current point of view

sarahk, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  3. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are looking for a belief system that is based upon forgiveness of guilt and shame, with everything centered on LOVE, then that is Christianity.

In the end, Christianity is personal. Like any religion for man, because man is flawed - all men - then the practice of religion is flawed. Focus on the good.

I recommend that you get a New Testament and start reading some of the Gospels. The Sermon on the Mount is an excellent beginning.

Ask your questions and I will be happy to answer.

Corwin, Oct 16, 2012 IP
  4. Domino

Domino Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Before you start with the New Testament I will suggest to start with the old testament....

Domino, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  5. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. Thank you for the laugh. You just need that he is stupid enough not to look at the history of Christianity to believe your post.

The only thing you need to know about Christianity is the fact that is another stupid religion based on belief of primitive people 2000 years ago. Don´t waste your time reading these old BS and instead pick up a good book to read so you can learn something.

gworld, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  6. mmm555

mmm555 Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend the book A Course In Miracles if you want to learn about Christianity. :)

mmm555, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  7. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Another terrific book is "Jesus: An Historian's Review of the Gospels" by Michael Grant. Puts Jesus' teaching in historical context.

Corwin, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  8. John Bull

John Bull Active Member

Best Answers:
    Q : I want to know more about Christianity

A : Become a Muslim

John Bull, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  9. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, stox.

Corwin, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  10. John Bull

John Bull Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dear Corwimp, my indefatigable admirer,

In all my exceptionally superior educational tuition and vast accumulated knowledge, I have to confess an obvious deficiency in my fundamental ability - PLEASE Corwimp, could you explain to me what your definition of my indomitable personality is by being described as a STOX ?

Not having experienced the same privilege as your esteemed self in mixing with the common herd, I am at a complete loss and feel deprived by not knowing what this obviously low class descriptive expression means.

I have of course come across the more common descriptive terms in the Army, these were almost entirely based on some sexual anatomical organ or associated activity.

Love and kisses
    John

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
    John Bull, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  11. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    stox is one of the brighter members here who used to frequent P&R often. a well-spoken pom who is also atheist.

I think they're a little scared of him as they've accused a few newbies here of being stox.

Truth be known, they probably miss him terribly...

Bushranger, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  12. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm fascinated by how liberals feel shouting and name calling is a sign of intelligence or a sign someone has won an argument. st0x is a guy who thought a declaration of victory was an argument, in and of itself. He brought little to the conversation other than vitriol and name calling. What he added with the occasional use of facts, he subtracted with the remainder of his post.

There are many of stOx's posts I agreed with nearly 100%, especially when it came to religion, yet the way he presented his views would leave me responding with criticism instead of agreement.

st0x was a guy who justified the use of military force to invade foreign countries specifically for the purpose of liberating those country's citizens from their misguided religious beliefs. That may be just about the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Obamanation, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  13. John Bull

John Bull Active Member

Best Answers:
    @ Bushranger
    @ Obamanation

I am sincerely grateful to you both for the excellent explanations you gave. The two replies seem somewhat contradictory - one praises Stox and the other portrays him as an arsehole. Nevertheless, the picture is clear and thanks again.

I thought Corwimp was being nasty by calling me Stox, but my interpretation of your kind replies, is that Stox was a great character rather like myself and I now feel rather flattered. Perhaps Corwimp thinks that I am a reincarnated Stox, but I can assure you all, I have never heard of him. It does hurt a little to know that somewhere in the ectoplasm of Planet Earth, there is actually another person who can challenge my undoubted and indisputable superiority in conversational flexibility and unique personal charisma.

14. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    stOx was banned more than once. And as far as intelligence, starting an argument with the moderators is dumb, but when stOx started namecalling at the mods, that's not just stupid, it's a complete lack of common sense. No wonder he had to break the rules yet again and coin a new username.

What was telling was that stOx, like his new handle Bull, refuses to directly address any questions to him. When he did, it was always, "O.K., I'll answer you, but first answer this new question..."

I often wonder what people like that get out of being on this forum. Is it a pathetic substitute for human contact? His Bull handle seems to be desperate for attention. It's sad.

Corwin, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  15. John Bull

John Bull Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh my dear Corwimp, you really are all mixed up. Have you forgotten to take your pills ?
    Now be a good boy and repeat after me :-

"JOHN BULL IS NOT STOX"
    "JOHN BULL HAS NEVER HEARD OF STOX"
    "JOHN BULL DOES NOT ARGUE WITH MODS OR CALL THEM NAMES"
    "JOHN BULL THINKS THE MODS ON THIS FORUM ARE MAGNIFICENT EXAMPLES OF TOLERANCE"

The other distinguished members who love me so much, do not think I am your idol Stox, so cuddle your fluffy Teddy Bear, stop annoying the grown-ups and just go with the flow.

Footnote :-
    This is a good chat Forum and OK I have taken some knocks, but in my illustrious, adventurous life I have taken bigger ones that really hurt, these don`t hurt at all. Just a good mixture of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

My adversaries are all good guys to me and respected. A bit of name calling and argy-bargy is healthy - keeps the mind active, but it is not serious.
    I quote to all my critics :-
    "It is just an example of mind over matter - I don`t mind and you don`t matter."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  16. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, it's him.

Corwin, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  17. flowers92

flowers92 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Lol y'all hilarious. Go ahead and read the bible. Any immediate questions just ask here and I'll answer them

flowers92, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  18. TheCreator

TheCreator Banned

Best Answers:
    Christinanity has bible. But the interesting thing is that bible has many versions. Will you believe in things that are not fixed ?

TheCreator, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  19. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is one Bible. There are different translations, all striving to be as accurate as possible. All those translations are based upon the same, original Greek and all mainstream translations say the same thing, differing only by syntax.

Christianity teaches you to Love yourself and others. Christianity is a universal religion of Love. If you look at the different Christian religions (organized belief systems) you will see that each is flawed in their own way. All religions are flawed because man is flawed, all men. Christianity teaches that the flaws of others is not important, it is your own striving to experience God's Love in fulfilling your life and your happiness that is important.

You can be a Christian without being religious. You just need to LOVE.

And so a perfect Man, Jesus Christ, came into this world to teach us to Love one another. Christ taught us how to Love one another. Christ demonstrated that Love for us by sacrificing Himself, so that he could come back from the dead, to show us undeniable proof that Christ has the power over death - the ultimate power.

People that reject Christianity tend to be people that have never experienced Love in their lives. LOVE is the complete, nonjudgmental, forgiving ACCEPTANCE of another. Love says tells you that you are valued. Christianity is Christ telling you that you are valued, you are needed, you are Loved. No one is rejected. No one. God Loves us all, whether saint or terrorist.

Corwin, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  20. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    qworld's post is an excellent example of a non-Christian attitude. gworld is not someone who will help you when you are feeling poorly.

Corwin, Nov 28, 2012 IP