1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to know mor about asp.net

Discussion in 'C#' started by pbonweb, Jan 28, 2011.

is it better then php and also easy if yes then please provide me some links like how to create a static website using asp.net with some dynamic features like to update news and all like products thats will be dynamic

pbonweb, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  2. allthewebsites

allthewebsites Peon

Best Answers:
    Micrsoft .NET is a full fledged programming platform. You can build a very dynamic website using "ASP MVC" without much coding. Microsoft provides a very good IDE called Webmatrix. You might want to choose a language for the ASP.NET as it supports many languages like C#, VB.NET, F# etc.,

You can visit the Microsoft ASP.Net website for hands-on tutorials and videos.

allthewebsites, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  3. flexorbits

flexorbits Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no Superiority or Inferiority of ASP.Net vs. PHP. They are two tools one could use and build websites. I had been working on both these for as long as 10yrs now. What I felt is using ASP.Net there is some automatic code written as soon as you open a simple page. With PHP you will need to get everything in place.

ASP.Net (read extension .cs for C# and .vb for VB.Net)
    MVC is created using 3 files .aspx (HTML) .aspx.cs (Code Behind) .aspx.resx (Resource files)

PHP
    MVC can be applied using Apache Struts and they need additional learning

The libraries available in PHP are additional items that you will need to get familiarized (One has more options rather than just choosing from just the basic)
    Where in ------
    For AsP.net you are forced to use the .Net Framework supplied by Microsoft (not much of other libraries that I know of)

ASP.NET Wizard in IDE makes development easier. PHP has not many (or known to me) Wizards which creates code for you automatically

Coding with PHP gives you better control and you are more involved with coding
    Coding with ASP.Net is like automatically having something ready for you and then make necessary changes on what needs to be customized.

Overall, ASP.Net in many programmers opinion "takes out the fun of programming" where in "in PHP you need to get everything yourself, nothing is automatic"

I had managed many projects in the past on both languages, and these are the feedback that I received from my Programmers.

Again, these are individual opinions and it is just subjective (please I am not interested in any arguments). If you feel my statements are wrong, Pardon me!

From an organization perspective, I feel we should work on providing what our customer needs. Here is an example:
    A customer approached me with no Infrastructure and he wanted to build a web application - we suggested to go for LAMP based system where Nothing needs licensing and everything is pretty much Open Source

Similarly, Another customer has huge investments on Infrastructure, he has 4-5 servers on a collocation, with MSWindows Server installations on all of these, with SQL Server Database licenses etc, we suggested to build their websites in ASP.Net or other Microsoft technologies so that they can make use of their existing infrastructure.

All in all, it depends on how you want to treat your customer. There are a few customers who are annoyed by the licensing of MS and wanted to get out of it, even if licenses invested were to be trashed, we had built web solutions for them using Other Open source technologies, like symphony, Coldfusion, PERL and PHP

Hope that helps

flexorbits, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  4. Alnitech

Alnitech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Learning ASP.NET first - it is not right start. ASP.NET is much more than just set of components that you need to link (like flexorbits says). It is subset in .Net technologies family and you will see real advantage of using that powerful technology only when you will understand other parts of .Net like WCF for example. I would not compare it to php at all they are different. Try to learn С# first, then see how command-line of .Net works, see WinForms, WPF and only then try ASP.NET.

Alnitech, Feb 14, 2011 IP
  5. jhenanthony

jhenanthony Peon

Best Answers:
    I love ASP.Net. Its a powerful language that helps me build web applications rapidly. If you want to learn more about this, try WEB FORMS, its easy.

jhenanthony, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  6. prptl709

prptl709 Guest

Best Answers:
    For knowing about ASP in detail you have to take different books on ASP and there are websites also helping for doing the coding.

prptl709, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  7. JackRyder

JackRyder Peon

Best Answers:
    we have all technical details for any asp.net helps .. pls go through

JackRyder, Mar 2, 2011 IP